JAAP sahib & shastarvidiya

drawrof

Sat Sri Akal:

This was spoken by two Kathakaris on two separate occasions in a Gurudwara when I heard it.

They stated that when Sikhs were ready to engage the enemy, first they initiated Jaap Sahib, as it a Bani focused specifically on the Lord's rememberance and its attributes. Only then would the Sikhs begin battle with the opponent, thus fulfilling the duty of being a Saint first and a Siphai after.

. Only then would the Sikhs begin battle with the opponent, thus fulfilling the duty of being a Saint first and a Siphai after.

um...i dont really agree with the Only then part. its not a strict practice, at times of wars, you have to be aware of surprise attacked.

Yes. there are singhs, who did continous Jaap/Paath but they hardly ever engaged in the battle, they remain in a secure place doing paath for the singhs who are in battle.

(also the singhni's dressed like singhs, cos that way from an outside view, the enemy could not see any women, therefore even withan entire fauj of women, the turks and patans will shit themselves and leave)

Sometimes, the singhs who engaged battle didnt even get time too shower, times have been rough.

Think about it, your being attacked left right and center, at any time, you have to be on your guard... You have women and children with you, you need to protect them although most of them knew the vidiya to protect themselves too. Are you going to wait, and start your paath, or are you gonna get up and kick some ass??? We are practical people, we kick ass when we need to.

Im not saying that they Didnt do paath, its just that they made it more practical and the singhs who didnt go the battle, they did the paath.

However, when times are better (like now), now its easy to do you paath, but how many people do it......

drawof, Now, when we pratice shsater vidiya, you can do Jaap Sahib if you want, but i have never heard of this.. but i dont see why not. Unless it interfers with the techniques (unless you really crap, in that case, stick to your paath :D), then best not to cos that could get you killed...

I was told there is an itihaasik place between anandpur sahib and amritsar called poghpura where guru gobind singh would train his soldiers. I can't remember the date. The kathavaachik mentioned how each chandd related to to a pentra. I just wanted more information.

Mugermach, what you're saying makes sense

yeh i agree with u man - ardas is so powerful if u put ur heart into it.. my gran was like 95 yrs old right and she cudnt walk - couldnt do nothing for herself but really inside she was like proper healthy - no diabetes - no heart probs nothing..

anyways she went to hospital for a minor thing and she ended up in some long term stay because she must have gotten more ill over time there and over the months she jus deteriated there - never even had consciousness

and she had done paat and everything all her life - i guess she was just taking all the dukh that was bound to her.... and someone told my mom that you should do a ardas for people in those states.. so we went there n my mom did it..... as she stopped my gran let out this breath of air... mom never thought nothing of it

as soon as we got home the fone rang and they said my gran passed away .... :cry: .. was spooky in a way but we was happy that her dukh was over... its like she was waitin for her final ardas..... :shock:

yeh i agree with u man - ardas is so powerful if u put ur heart into it.. my gran was like 95 yrs old right and she cudnt walk - couldnt do nothing for herself but really inside she was like proper healthy - no diabetes - no heart probs nothing..

anyways she went to hospital for a minor thing and she ended up in some long term stay because she must have gotten more ill over time there and over the months she jus deteriated there - never even had consciousness

and she had done paat and everything all her life - i guess she was just taking all the dukh that was bound to her.... and someone told my mom that you should do a ardas for people in those states.. so we went there n my mom did it..... as she stopped my gran let out this breath of air... mom never thought nothing of it

as soon as we got home the fone rang and they said my gran passed away .... :cry: .. was spooky in a way but we was happy that her dukh was over... its like she was waitin for her final ardas..... :shock:

Almost the exact same thing happen to my 28 yr cousin in India :|...

When I was in India during the summer, she was a little bit ill and stuff...

and a day or so before I returned to Sweden, she got admitted to hostpital.. :cry:

Then... a week or so later, we got a call from India that she had Cancer and that the doctors had given "Jawab" :cry: , My Mom did adraas for her..

and she passed away a day or so later....

and her parents were happy that she did not have to suffer so much...but at the same time really sad :cry:

Power of Bani is unlimited!

ANother thing that has happend ME before the summer was..when I was in France....

with my class we went to different cities and got permission from the teacher to check around the centrums and stuff for a hour or so

the last day when we were in Paris, we got 2 hours to do whatever we wanted to..and we had decided a place to return to...

Well after one and a halvv hour of wondering around..

we had lost ourself in the city! ( It was me and another friend ). WE RAN around the City like donuts in the middle of Paris, and try to find that place... WE ran for about 45 minutes (we were 15 minutes late) and My friend had run about 100 mneter infront of me so I lost him... and the place where we were going to meet was a big place like tranfalgar square in London..... and it was quite crowded with people...:I was lost by MYSELF IN PARIS...erm and my mobile battery was almost finished

I Shut my eyes ONE SECOND and said WAHEGURU from all my heart, and i opend my eyes, i donnu how but the corwd was gone and my teahcer was standing 100 meters away from me.( teacher was exploding with anger..cause we were going to miss the train from there, so we had to run another 15 mins *I probably lost 2 KG that day* :shock: :LOL: )

But the point being is that theres so MUCH power in BANI, we dont even realise it, by saying WAHEGURU ONCE FROM MY HEART..WAHEGURU SAVED MY FROM..I DONT KNOW WHAT :?

AKAL HE AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL :D

sometimes you'll be given something by rub, but only you will understand what rub gave yah, and you won;t be able to explain the experiance to others coz they might just thnk your :roll: mad

ooooh..

Hanji thats true :shock: I've actually not told n e one else about this ,...(the france thingy) that I said WAHEGURU ONCE and everything was solved....

In the exact fear that you mentioned..

you won;t be able to explain the experiance to others coz they might just thnk your :roll: mad

Thats really true......I can only express myself infront of other know, as well as me why everything was solved...... :)

Good point :)

If this is true, how come everytime I play tennis, match point, I say 'waheguru waheguru' and it flies into the net...

lol, i got better thing to pray then to win a tennis game...

UndergroundSikhi, you should purchase a fragile sticker, and if some singh will think twice b4 hurting you. :D