Air Fryers? Anyone here use them?

If anyone has brought and used an airfryer, what do you think of it?

Basically do you think it's worth me getting one?  

My wife wanted an Airfryer after our circular halogen oven broke down. 

We bought the Ninja AF300 and there are a few things that bother me now that we have used it for a few months. 

Previously we had a glass halogen oven and you could see how food was cooking and whether it needed to be turned or was ready. This is not possible with Ninjas and you have to keep checking by open the trays every 10 mins. Yes the food cooks faster but your also required to toss and shake your food around more frequently as it burns more quickly. I find cooking with the ninja requires me to be more around in the kitchen when cooking than before. Consider one with glass door. I wish we did. 

- Not so good for large portions as trays are smaller with smaller surface area to work with. Get the bigger model if you have the kitchen space.

+ trays are easy to clean

+ great for heating bakery products (2-3mins to restore that freshly baked condition) and cooking frozen products. 

+ useful when cooking two separate items that require different temperatures or different cooking times.

2 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

My wife wanted an Airfryer after our circular halogen oven broke down. 

We bought the Ninja AF300 and there are a few things that bother me. 

Previously we had a glass halogen oven and you could see how food was cooking and whether it needed to be turned or was ready. This is not possible with Ninjas and you have to keep checking by open the trays every 10 mins. Yes the food cooks faster but your also required to toss and shake your food around more frequently as it burns more quickly. I find cooking with the ninja requires me to be more in the kitchen when cooking than before. Consider one with glass door. I wish we did. 

+trays are easy to clean

+great for heating bakery products and cooking frozen products. 

- Not so good for large portions as trays are smaller with smaller surface area to work with. 

Ignorance is bliss. I had not conceived of glass walls. 

8 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Costco and Argos do other brands with glass windows. 

What am I looking at costwise?