Kachera ( loose underwear)

It is a sign of spiruality and some nihangs(guru's ladlaieZ) beleive that losse kachera is comfortable wearing when learning shastar vidiya or even do simraan...thats why guru ji invented it :D

OK - maybe a bit off topic but i think it relates - wot is the difference between a kachera and apair of white cotton boxers witha nala ????

its gives the snugness and hold of tight underwear but yet the loosness of boxers, also it is very hot in india, it is made of cotton very light material, it covers ur manhood without being embarisin to urself or the other sex, it is long enuf (traditional is up to dwn to ur knee) to b worn in the presence of public with out causin ne sort of discomfort or ppl complainin about obsecenity. Also b4 u hav mahraaj's (Guru Granth Sahib Jee) darshan u r meant to have panj ishnaan (where u was ur face, hands, feet, back, and chest) so u didnt worrk about ur clothes getin wet cause tradionally u didnt wear trousers (cause of heat) it was more practical to wear shorts or for sikhs kashera. wen u sit and do seva of mahraaj u didnt also wear trousers, cause the bottom of ur trousers wud get dirty jus from walkin and u kickin up dust. Also the kachera for males is white, so that u knw its clean wen u wash it and wen u do seva of mahraaj, (no skid marks runnin dwn the back of it). Wid da kachera it was above to ur knee so ne dirt that is kickd up wud go on to ur legs, which u washed wen u wash ur feet. The kachera is designed in such a way aswell u can be as felexible as u want but the kachera wud not be streched into revealin ur manhood thru the material, u can also do the splits with ease and the kachera will not hold u bak, or tighten, also if for instance u did a handstand, the kachera is designed so that the bottom ends of ur kachera wont cum up and reveal ur thighs. they only cum up a certain little bit. Actually they were very cleverly designed, i am sure the kachera was around b4 Guru Jee made it apart of our reht. Also if ur other kakars came off, u can do ardaas and it wud b cool, but if ur kachera cums off both ur legs, u wud have to go pesh, and ask Guru jee to forgiv u, cause the kachera is wot keeps ur modesty ur izaat.

Sorry for not puttin the correct punction where it shud b, jus bein lazy and typed it all out.

:twisted:

woah new post jus caught it b4 i sent this message, the reason for da boxers is it isnt the right lenth, dosent cover the manhood the way it shud, and it doesnt have the all esential 'breakers' to stop the kachera revealin ur thigh! :P

Oh sorry forgot to mention the nala

it goes round ur waist and acts as a belt, so it holds ur kachera up! cause not only putin a knot in ur kachera will hold ur kachera up, u can still make it loose, PPL HATE TO ADMIT THAT but its TRUE!!, but if u wrap it round ur waist it holds up all the kachera and u dnt rely on a little knot

:D 8)

just expanding on kaal's message

the naala is long - and the kachera is very flarry ...with the long naala u can pull all the pleats to the front (which u cannot do with boxers) and therefore makes the kachera very very comfortable... :wink: :wink: rather then having like mc hammer stylee pent on which flares to all sides :P

fateh

Thanx steel bangle, :P but i think mc hammers pants were cool man 8) and ppl who dnt wear kachere r probably thinkin wot the hell are these kachera, wid a vision of mc hammers pants, just trust us, wen u got them on properly they look like normal shorts that go to ur knees.

:twisted: :P 8) :shock:

some really interesting comments regarding the Kachera..

i think also it has something to do with promoting abstinence from sex b4 marriage..

and to make sure you only pro-create with the one you are married to..

thats jus something i have remembered.. from readin somewhere..

its the comfort and modesty thing.. and as a uniform..

a cpl of years ago there was a Namdhari Hockey team who played all their matches in the Kachera and white t shirts..

if the kacchera is supposed to be to control kaam, does that mean u can take it off if you're going to have sex? (without going into the whole discussion of when & who u can/cant do it with)

There are many ways to Control Kaam other than wearing a kachera.

The Nirmalas, Udhasis, Seva panthis do not wear kacheras, so does this mean that their kaam is running wild? Logically speaking, the arguement that the kachera controls kaam holds no ground.

Kacheras have been known to be of colours other than white...

narsingha..... someone can take amrit and still drink booze... they can eat meat - they can do drugs.....

they can wear a kara and still steal - do bad deeds... so why do we wear those then??? we might as well disown the kakars according to that :roll: :roll:

the kakars are there as a symbolism - as a reminder - to strengthen our wills

fateh

i agree with the practical thing... so what is the purpose of the kacchera?

incidently, i was reading through some rehatnamas & most of them had no references to kacchera as a kakar... cant quote them now, books at home, but i will do next time i go home.

when will the new sections be up?

well most of the kakars are practicle.... for example... kirpan - kangaa and kesh.... kashera can be practicle in horse riding n stuff

there is no real practicle use of the kara - unless someone would like to point one out :D

and yes agreed the kasherey dont stop lust by themselves

the kara is seen as handcuffs.... people with handcuffs cannot do bad deeds.. but people still do them....

someone can wear a kashera and still feel lust

most of the sins are within the mind.... the kakars do not stop them - they can be seen as a reminder not to do certain things....

well thats my view on this matter... :)

fateh

Guest kaur1699

most of the sins are within the mind.... the kakars do not stop them - they can be seen as a reminder not to do certain things....

yea... good point...

kara can be used as a weapon, if u got a big or bladed one... if there was no practical use of the kara then wouldnt wearing it be ritualistic, like the janoo thread worn by brahmins that was refused by guru nanak dev ji.

steel bangle... i dont understand your signature if u dont see kara as a weapon.

btw, is the pic of u?

fateh guv

yes u have a point there but - it depends on how big ur kara is..a thin one is of not much use in a fight is it..... i guess in that way the kara is practicle as u pointed out.... i forgot about that :P:P

the quote is not about hittin someone with a kara.... someone who wears a kara is considered a sikh right?...... then as a sikh i dont fear no one..

thats wat its supposed to mean :P sorry about the confusion :wink:

fateh

The kachera actively elivates kaam!

cause the nala is meant to round ur waist, u stratigcally tie it in such a way that you stop the blood flowing to ur genitals, that way you got more chance of winning the lottery then you gettin all excited and thinking about kaam.

Also on a rainy day it works wonders (if you in india) as a scooter cover, or here in uk as a motorbike cover.

IF you go for long walks it also can work wonders as a hamuck, remba though u must stay attached to the kachera so tie the nala to ur ankle :wink:

At night it can also work as a tent, u c practicallity!!!! 8)

u probably wore a cotten white kachera, cum on guv bruv, you knw u shud have just worn the black wooly one, that way the wool would have kept you warn, and black soaks up heat, and white repels it, make sure u pack the correct kachera next time you go camping :)