Eating meat

the bhagat kabeer quote was not from guru granth sahib but is still bani from a bhagat, and hence is relevant.

the thing about guruji tryna sacrifice his kids, again im not 100percent sure which places its from, but i am 100percent sure it is in a granth written by GYANI GYAN SINGH, who i think wrote stuff like panth prakash and sooraj prakash. either way, its definately a LIE.

if all veggies are weaklings, does that mean that anyone who follows taksal or akj rahit is a weakling? how comes no one could beat the "weakling" bhai fauja singh at gatka? people like bhai randhir singh werent weak...they went for fasts 40 days and nights without food, were chained up in the blazing indian sunlight for days in straightjackets, and bhai sahib, during his fast beat up a group of jailers barehanded......are you saying u need meat to do that?

you get MORE than enough protein from daal, soya, etc. to suggest that being a veggie makes you weak, or makes u partial to being weak, is a load of BS! there are skinny runts at my school who eat loads of meat, and there are pretty big people who wont even eat potatoes (jain).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry if I have offended any veges out there.............but guys be honest now.............next time you go Gurudwara look at the Sikh guys............note how many of the pure veges are skinny or fat................there are exception to the rule.............however these are exeptions.............guys I've been training for years and I have yet to come across a very strong pure vegetarian i.e. no eggs as well..........

KS.......certain types of protein the body finds harder to assimilate..........soya is one of these...........that from eggs is the best..........for the body to assimilate........thats a fact.............if you can get strong without meat well carry on..............but you are in a minority...................you know the problems have had with Muslim gangs in London.............in anycase..........meat eaters who just eat meat and no veg will invairiably get week as well................I am talking about a balanced diet...........just like this debate needs to be a balanced debate as Amans has stated..............if you can get by without eggs and meat thats fine carry on...................

My concern is only to make Sikhs stronger..............and give them all the chances that life can offer them..............if it means killing a few chickens.......so be it...........i won't lose any sleep over it..............they've probably been liberated from their meaningless chicken existence anyway ;) ...............just kidin...........

Hey guys!! Come on !! :x Again please don't make a clash of EGOs!! Just open your mind and stick to the topic...

Murdaar has been used in SGGS time and again and has been purely

used to state "an act snatching the other persons' right... i.e. Paraya Hakk. "

Let us try to understand the following Shabad which is widely misinterprated ::

"Hakk Praayan Nanka uss suar uss gaae||

Gur Peer Hama taa parae, Ja MURDAAR na khae||

galli bisatt naa jaaniyae chuttae sacch kamaaee||

Maran Pahae haraam mahe, Hoe halaal naa jae||

Nanak galee kuriyee, kuro palae payae ||" Panna 141 - SGGS

This main shortfall in Sikh community living outside India is not knowing the Gurmukhi language properly... The meaning of many words can only be understood in Gurmukhi only and English language is simply incapable of handiling the deepness of Gurbani and the Gurumukhi language... So we all to improve our understanding of Punjabi Language first...

I think if somebody seriously wants to understand Gurbani... one has to read the Punjabi Translation of Gurbani by Prof Sahib Singh ji who, in addition to the lifelong research by Sardar Jodh Singh of Gujranwalae (now in Pakistan), took a further "6" years to decode the Gurbani Vayakaran ie. Proper method to read the Gurbani properly... and further '36' years to complete the Gurbani translation. This is perhaps the most Authentic and Consistant translation by anyone and has been critically acclaimed by one and all for its consistency

Now let me come back to the topic...

The English Translation by Singh Sahib Sant Singh Khalsa, MD of Arizona interprates the meaning as follows:

FIRST MEHL: To take what rightfully belongs to another, is like a Muslim eating pork, or a Hindu eating beef. Our Guru, our Spiritual Guide, stands by us, if we do not eat those carcasses. By mere talk, people do not earn passage to Heaven. Salvation comes only from the practice of Truth. By adding spices to forbidden foods, they are not made acceptable. O Nanak, from false talk, only falsehood is obtained...

Now let us try to read the actual essence of the Shabad as interprated by Prof Sahib Singh Ji...

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0140.html

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0141.html

http://www.gurugranthdarpan.com/0142.html

Plesae read all the adjoining shabads also so that the real theme of the Shabad can be acertained... if anybody has difficulty in reading Punjabi then we can take the help of someone who knows how to read Punjabi...

Bhul Chul maaf

The issue of eating meat or not will never goto end, but what really concern is that modern gursikhs are more concerned with what others eat and do and not with themselves. If someone eats meat .. good for him and if someone doesnt eat meat.. that also good for him. Just make sure u dont do any of the 4 kurahit.

Guest Javanmard

Guru Gobind SIngh abolishes the cycle of Islamic prophecy, the rules of Islam are to be abandoned. Shi'a prophecy that the Imam Mehdi shall come to bring a new sharia or rahit and abolish the old one. Guru Gobind Singh was sent by God to introduce the Tisra Panth, the third new Panth, differemt from all other, completing the others yet abolsihing their laws as well.

Guest Javanmard

Well that's what gurbani says. Let those who eat jhatka eat jhatka and the veggies be veggies. The problem is that certain groups and neo-sants want to impose vegetarianism on others. And that's really not on!!

• 1 month later...

Jhatka vs halal: Sikh body raises meaty issue Manpreet Randhawa

Jalandhar, October 7

If the Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC) has its way, all hotels, restaurants and fast-food chains will soon have to carry displays specifying the kind of meat they serve: halal or jhatka.

SGPC honorary secretary Manjit Singh Calcutta has said he would write to the Union government to issue a notification in this regard because the consumption of halal meat is strictly prohibited for Sikhs.

"It is, in fact, one of the cardinal sins for a Sikh to consume halal meat," said Calcutta. "In case a Sikh does so, he has to be re-baptised. Hence, it's important for eating joints to display what meat is servedâ€.

Akal Takht Jathedar Joginder Singh Vedanti has also taken note of the matter and called upon all Sikhs to avoid consuming halal meat.

Arun, an official representing McDonald's here, said the fast-food chain had been using halal meat all over India. "We never knew its consumption was prohibited for Sikhs," he said. "Since the matter has come to our notice now, we have decided to inform our headquarters in the US. Once we receive a direction from them on displaying the kind of meat we serve, it will be done."

J.S. Grover of Nirula's, Delhi, said that most of the non-vegetarian items at their outlets were cut and processed with the help of machines. "Hence, it's difficult to ascertain whether it's halal or jhatka meat," he said. Grover added if the Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association of India (FHRAI) issued guidelines in this regard, he would abide by it.

FHRAI secretary general Sham Suri said since the SGPC had decided to knock on the Centre's door, the association would await an official notification on the issue. So far, hotels, restaurants and fast-food joints are governed by the Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, said Suri.

Meanwhile, the SGPC's stand has already found sympathisers. "In Europe and other countries one gets certified halal and jhatka meat so that nobody's religious sentiments are hurt," says G.S. Lamba, editor, Sant Sipahi magazine. "It is shocking how the industry can be indifferent to the sentiments of Sikhs."

Interestingly, the issue is not a new one. It is learnt that on October 9, 1938, then MLA Sampooran Singh, who was also a member of the SGPC, had moved a resolution in the Punjab assembly that all SGPC members must support the Jhatka Bill.

Ninety-six SGPC members in the House had unanimously supported the resolution.