About Guru Granth Sahib

Guru Granth Sahib = Sargun Saroop of God. Can we draw the conclusion that when Guru jee comes to our home, then he is coming to allow us the oppurtunity of doing seva of the Lord in order to clean our sins? I mean he would not go where he did not want to right ? So he is where is he is in order to give us the oppurtunity to do seva? I am right here here or have I missed the bandwagon???

samosa singh ji ,

i am really impressed , You are absolutely and 100% right . there is no doubt in that . U actually do the seva of Sargun Saroop of GOD .

it all depends on your love , devotion , shardha and bhavna .

its like having a vast ocean . if u want to take water out of it it depends on the size of the utensil that you have . if u have a glass , u will be able to take onle that much water .

but if u have bigger pitcher , u will take out even more water ,.

and if you have even bigger utensil u can take much more water . so its like that . your devotion , faith and your bhavna is like the type of utensil that you have . The more great your faith and love the more you will get from Guru Ji .

Guru Granth ji is like pragat Guran ki deh . Do as much seva as you can .

He is GOD .

u r absolutely right .

harpreet wrote

So if Guru Granth Sahib Ji maharaj was in a building - and then the building blew up, would god have blown up ?

U know wt , u r trying to say that Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not God .

According to you : If Guru Granth Sahib Ji were in a building and the building blew up guru ji will get blown up (that's wt u want t o say but u r not saying it openly ) And Since God is indestructible ( everybody knows including u ) but guru ji got blown up . so these 2 things don't match .

so u r trying to say that guru ji is not God and no use of doing their seva .

so u r trying to say that guru ji is not God and no use of doing their seva .

Im am not saying that there is no use of doing sevato guru granth sahib ji!

Guru ji is not a BOOK

Who said Guru Ji is just a book ?!

GURU GRANTH SAHIB = GOD

Your not good at maths.

LEARN HOW TO READ OTHER PEOPLES POSTs WITHOUT DISEASING THEM WITH YOUR OWN ASSUMPTIONS.

Also, please answer my question about the building, stop side stepping it by engaging yourself in a personal attack.

i feel sorry for guys like u who don't even know WHO is GURU GRANTH S

Harpreet

Guru ji is not a BOOK . HE IS THE SARGUN SAROOP of GOD . although u can't see it .

i feel sorry for guys like u who don't even know WHO is GURU GRANTH SAHIB .

GURU GRANTH SAHIB = GOD

belive it or not .

I think Karamjit couldn't bring it out properly.

It is not the book SGGS is guru but the 'Gurbani' i.e the Guru's Bani or Vichar are the Guru.

SO if the Guru's Vichar is in a small Gutka(Book) then that need to be treated with respect too.

Since Guru Arjun Dev ji compiled all the Guru's Bani in SGGS and Guru Gobind Singh ji appointed the SGGS as the next Guru, the SGGS has become the Guru for Sikhs ot follow.

A Guru is not a GOD but a way to achieve GOD.

so the SGGS is a way to achieve GOD for SIKHs.

Hence the conclusion is SGGS is not a BOOK but is a GURU and should be respected as such.

Another thing a GURU is not GOD but a way to GOD.

A Guru is not a GOD but a way to achieve GOD.

Guru is sargun saroop of vahiguroo.. you quote a lot from gurbani newage... why dont you search for sargun and nirgun concept in sggs ji?

Nirgun(non-existence) which is akaal purkh

Sargun( Human form) which is akaal purkh in human form.

Here.. does this ring a bell?

IP address for this post

209.213.198.25 [ 5 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

Users posting from this IP address

newAgeSikh [ 49 Posts ]

deepThinkerSikh [ 5 Posts ]

I ll let you stay this time if you follow our guidelines otherwise your 2nd id goin to get banned as well.

IP address for this post

newAgeSikh [ 49 Posts ]

I was surprised why it took so long. Thanx for letting me stay. I really don't have any ill intentions.

I just want to be part of some discussions that come to my mind.

Nirgun(non-existence) which is akaal purkh

Sargun( Human form) which is akaal purkh in human form.

I think Gurbani iterates:

God is SARGUN (attribute full) as well as NIRGUN (Absolute), he cannot be seen with human eyes but HE is omnipresent, hence SARGUN.

God is in everone (omnipresent, hence SARGUN) so is there in GURU too but still Gurbani says

Guru is not GOD.

In the whole of Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib, the Gurus have explained the concept of God as contained in the Mool Mantra. Impersonal (Nirgun) and Personal (Sargun) character of God has been beautifully defined in the teachings.

The opening sentence of Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib called Mool Mantra (Preamble of Japji) outlines the definition of God but only One God

There is but One God He is the Eternal Truth

The Creator, All-Pervading Divine Spirit

Unfearful, Without hate and enmity

Immortal Entity, Unborn, Self-Existent, and

He is realized by His Own Grace.

Meditate upon

Who was True before the Creation

Who was True in the beginning of the Creation

Who is True now, and

O Nanak, Who shall be True for Ever.

Here.. does this ring a bell?

IP address for this post

newAgeSikh [ 49 Posts ]

I ll let you stay this time if you follow our guidelines otherwise your 2nd id goin to get banned as well.

I would request that you rethink your decision. His deceitful ways should not be welcomed, much less rewarded. His venom against Sikhi should not be tolerated and will be hurtful to visitors of this forum. Do you think that he has anything positive to contribute to this forum?

LOL deepthinkersikh...

at first he was like "Who is newage??? N30 Singh Ji"

after he found out n3o knew, he said "I was surprised why it took so long."

ya buddy... im sure...

See, All messages come with a source IP address so I thought banning an account means banning the IP address but since it was not the case so I thought that the IP address may not being filtereda t all, so the comment why it took so long.

I would request that you rethink your decision. His deceitful ways should not be welcomed, much less rewarded. His venom against Sikhi should not be tolerated and will be hurtful to visitors of this forum. Do you think that he has anything positive to contribute to this forum?

See if my intentions were to harm the site or do any propaganda I could have changed the IP adrress itself.

I don't know why you have so much problem with my questioning. I seems valid to me. We don't have to fight. We can do discussion based on Gurbani.

This way I get to understand Gurbani more as in order to give you example from Gurbani I've to read in depth and find the meaning of the Shabads.

I've realized if you discuss with others Gurbani you will actually understand it and it willbe more benficial to you.

The only diferences I've with you is to whether or not it is important to have 5 K's. I'm not against it but I'm just trying to find out if someone doesn't support it will he not be a Sikh. Since I consider my religion to be Sikh my parent religion is Sikh and so do my children.

What I'm trying to understand is good Sikh?

An AmritDhari Sikh with shastar and un·furled beard like Bhindranwla

or

A humble non AmritDhari Guru Sikh like PrimeMinister Manmohan Singh.