Monaey (Cut Hair ) = Sikh ???

I don't hate those who cut hair. I just request them not to call themselves Sikh. It really defames the sacrifices of Shaheeds and Guru Ji and especially SAHIBZADAS.

I think personalities which shove religious views down people throat DEFAME the most. Don't you think ?

Saying "Bullshit, pure bullshit" - then telling us about shaheeds.

isn't that defaming shaheeds more ?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh btw my previous post had bad words like D*CKH*AD and SHUT THE F*** UP. but our lovely admins took them off.

i felt like putting this post up and explaing cus i think u need these words to feel the true essence of my previous post.

i lub ju admins come here and give me a hug and a kiss. :oops:

i have a request can we get a sexy emoticon on this??? :D

oh and a gay 1 2 and errm an gay animal 1 2, 4 doggy.

wow "khalsa fauj".

i definitely dunno why i could ever think that you have no sharam whatsoever. and i can see how much your posts are overflowing with love for others.

vah jee vah. this is what you call a "gurmukh".

quick question fer ya:

are you the exact same as Bhai Taru Singh?

are you the exact same as CE?

is anyone the exact same as anyone else?

no?

then why do you assume that everyone's path must be the EXACT same as everyone else's?

:!: Hit the nail on the head

I think personalities which shove religious views down people throat DEFAME the most. Don't you think ?

Saying "Bullshit, pure bullshit" - then telling us about shaheeds.

isn't that defaming shaheeds more ?

:!:

Rehat as prescribed in rehatnamas and as accepted by Akal Takht.

www.sgpc.net

According to the Rehit, a Sikh is defined as:

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

the last point does not say that a person must be baptised to be a Sikh....just that they must faithfully believe in the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru.

And b4 u get ur knickers in a twist and start comparing everyone to Bhai Taru Singh, I am only commenting on a source that YOU provided.

Everyone calm down! There's people here that r mona and those that arn't, but the fact that there are so many posts shows that we all care bout sikhi rite? I'm a sikh but i cut my hair, i don't know punjabi fleutly...blah blah blah. I don't drink/smoke, i do parth...etc...But I have had spiritual stuff happen to me in my life, and yes I feel truely blessed. But I cut my hair, I'm mona...even I don't understand it! But the only person who does understand it, is God...when I feel ready to keep my kesh, if I ever do, it will be from my dil, not bcos of any stereotypes attached etc...everything always come from the dilliyo! So don't question God's actions...just believe that God is true and b true to urself...live truthfully SATNAAM God wouldn't want u to keep a pug and b unhappy wud he?

If there are ne more typos sorry! but must go sooooo many assigments!

Everyone calm down! There's people here that r mona and those that arn't, but the fact that there are so many posts shows that we all care bout sikhi rite? I'm a sikh but i cut my hair, i don't know punjabi fleutly...blah blah blah. I don't drink/smoke, i do parth...etc...But I have had spiritual stuff happen to me in my life, and yes I feel truely blessed. But I cut my hair, I'm mona...even I don't understand it! But the only person who does understand it, is God...when I feel ready to keep my kesh, if I ever do, it will be from my dil, not bcos of any stereotypes attached etc...everything always come from the dilliyo! So don't question God's actions...just believe that God is true and b true to urself...live truthfully SATNAAM God wouldn't want u to keep a pug and b unhappy wud he?

If there are ne more typos sorry! but must go sooooo many assigments!

you tell them geeza !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

btw, welcome to Sikhawareness Forum... hope you enjoy your stay ji.

off topic, but the punjabi word for shorts, nikkar, comes fom the Brtish word right?

no... it actually comes from nicaragua. u see, there were some aztecs who got lost while fishing in the pacific ocean & landed in china. from there they headed west believing they would one day reach their own land (they were very advanced & had long since realised the world was round.) along the journey they passed through punjab, where the jat farmers laughed at their elasticated shorts. once the aztecs showed the punjabis that the shorts saved time because u didn't have to tie a nala, the lazy punjabis adopted them... naming them nicar after the country the aztecs came from.

hope that helps.

Something to let you know. Only Kesadharis are allowed to have Akhand Paaths at Sri Akal Takht Sahib. Why?

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. A Sikh should, in no way, harbour any antipathy to the hair of the head with which his child is born. He should not temper with the hair with which the child is born. He should add the suffix "Singh" to the name of his son & "Kaur" to the name of his daughter. A Sikh should keep the hair of his sons and daughters intact.

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_four.html

Wahehguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I just thought I should chech what faithful means so this is it:

1. Adhering firmly and devotedly, as to a person, cause, or idea; loyal.

2. Having or full of faith.

3. Worthy of trust or belief; reliable.

4. Consistent with truth or actuality: a faithful reproduction of the portrait.

Don't know if everyone agrees with the definition but if i apply my interpretation of faithful to the rehit Maryada then I would say that a person is closer to being called a sikh if he has kesh.

Because to faithfully believe in the ten Gurus teachings means to also faithfully believe in keeping uncut hair.

If one cuts their hair and says they faithfully believe in the Gurus teachings then that doesn't seem to make sense to me.

But that can also be said about nindya, if Guru Arjan Dev Sahib Ji are against nindya and emphasise this in Sukhmani Sahib then that must be just as, or at least very, wrong.

But perhaps some of us may prefer to distinguish 'faithfully believe' from 'faithfully follow' (if it is even possible).

At the end of the day i guess we are all on the path to becoming sikhs and the rare few have become sikhs in the sense that they follow everything the Gurus have said.

Perhaps it is important to let the amritdharis play a greater role in the running of Gurdwaras although not all of them are fit to be called amritdhari.

If a gora sees a person with a turban then he thinks s/he is a sikh (or bin laden on the v.rare occasion). It is Guru da roop.

I'm not trying to shove my views down anyones throat and I'm not saying monas are worse humans than me.

Being a mona does not make someone a bad HUMAN.

In fact we need to be sikhs internally and externally, unfortunately we can only judge someone on their appearance and so ppl do nindya or whatever but they may be seen as great sikhs whereas a mona who does no nindya cannot even try to take over from Bibi Jagir kaur.

Dunno if that made sense but i wrote it a bit rushed and couldnt read all the post so soz.

anmd Morpheous I think i got ur point now, doing nindya is really bad but i wont say its as bad as cutting ur hair cos i think i once rread a post by u where u quote someone saying kesh and sword are a must but avoiding nindya wasnt ).

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Khalsa Fauj I just read ur last post, that sounds a bit unfair that they cannot have an Akhand Path if they are mona cos they can anywhere else so why should different rules apply.

And it makes even less sense when one considers the fact that monas can have an Anand Karaj, ie.sit in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and make all these promises and the they just run to the toilet to shave b4 the 'best part pf the day'.

SGPC is defiantely confused I think if this is true what u have posted.

soz for 3rd post but morpheous in reply to ur post on 5th March (p2) abt taking money from monas, please read my post BEFORE that to answer the Q u asked. it should answer the Q.

Something to let you know. Only Kesadharis are allowed to have Akhand Paaths at Sri Akal Takht Sahib. Why?

i. A Sikh should, in no way, harbour any antipathy to the hair of the head with which his child is born. He should not temper with the hair with which the child is born. He should add the suffix "Singh" to the name of his son & "Kaur" to the name of his daughter. A Sikh should keep the hair of his sons and daughters intact.

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_four.html

i know many 'monas' who keep their childrens hair. would u consider them to be sikhs?

It was the monai parents that gave birth to these children. these children have no right to be sikh if their parents r not. they owe everything to them. Vaheguru chose this.

fauj did ur moma slap u when u was born??

how about dropping u on ur head?

It was the monai parents that gave birth to these children. these children have no right to be sikh if their parents r not. they owe everything to them. Vaheguru chose this.

fauj did ur moma slap u when u was born??

how about dropping u on ur head?

how does that make sense lollll

it makes sense. at tne end of the day u r only in the human form cus its ur time. and the lucky ppl who bring u to this earth as an human r ur biological parents. the point of of becoming a human is to get mukti. or am i wrong?

u mother and father could be anything good or bad. don't u feel that u owe them alittle bit for giving u birth. U r born so now u can take amrit and do simran.