Sex After marriage for a khalsa

Veer ji am a khalsa and i am getting married next month , i am a khalsa ( amrit dhari ") and i am getting married to a non amrit dhari girl , so i just want to know that is it ok ot have physical relations with her as she is non amrtit dhari , because i dont want mine to be broken

plz guide me

Sorry for hurting any feelings

Wahe Guru ji ka kahlsa

Wahe Guru ji ki fathe

Shouldnt you have considered this beforehand? its a little late in the game to be thinking about this now..

But an interesting question none the less.. does anyone have any opinions based on Baani or Reht?

In a similar vein, someone once suggested to me that strictly speaking, you shouldnt have an Anand Kaaraj unless both partners are Amritdhari. Any opinions on this?

Man... have dozens of kids and make them AmritDhari and your sins shall be forgiven... really though, what better way to "jump" this line (not "cross" it)... you digs?

Also... maybe if it's such an important issue to you, you can make her take the "mini-amrit" - something which I took back in the day (not sure what it is / meant!)

Stay righteous brotherman!

that is the main reason that i am asking that , we can not ever share the jhoota of any body else amritdhari , and i am talking about physical realation ship but as u know that it is too late and i cant help it now so i just want that should i have it or not

because after marriage i have many responsibilities towards her too , isnt it right

so i just cant neglet her and say that i cant have any physical relation ship with you as i am an amritdhari

plz reply to my post tjhankyou

What exactly are the reasons an amritdhari can't have sex with a non-amritdhari (who is also a Sikh and is their spouse)? Sounds kind of disturbing to me actually to be quite honest.

I mean what would happen then if 2 Sikhs got married and one took amrit after marriage and the other didn't? Would you have to stop having sex with your wife and divorce her? This is why this whole issue sounds disturbing and doesnt seem to be in line (in my mind) to the core teaching of Sikhism.

What exactly are the reasons an amritdhari can't have sex with a non-amritdhari (who is also a Sikh and is their spouse)? Sounds kind of disturbing to me actually to be quite honest.

I mean what would happen then if 2 Sikhs got married and one took amrit after marriage and the other didn't? Would you have to stop having sex with your wife and divorce her? This is why this whole issue sounds disturbing and doesnt seem to be in line (in my mind) to the core teaching of Sikhism.

This is the very reason thats the panj pyare are not supposed to give amrit to one halve of a married couple. both have to take amrit together

of course its not a bajjar kurehat

there are only four bajjar kurehats

1) hukka - smoking

2) hajaamat - cutting of kesh

3) halaal - eating halaal

4) haraam - coveting/ stealing of others goods

U can't just keep adding kurehats willy nilly.

Look khalsa is one dont worry - just go for it. Or are you going to listen to the insecurities of people on here who invent bajjar kurehats?

its ure life ask guru granth sahib tkae a hukamnama man

why do u have to ask phudus on forums?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought that an amrit dari has to marry an amrit dari. Why would an amrit dari want to marry a non-amrit dari? And i've been told you cannot have a sexual relationship with a non-amrit dari, the same way you are not supposed to eat from the same plate [jhoot] as a non-amrit-dari.

veerji you are not wrong at all, you are PERFECTLY CORRECT! people that say otherwise only do so to cover their mistakes and desires!

Here is my 2 cents - call it manmaat or whatever.. couldn't care less.

If one person in marriage is amrit dhari and other person is not however other person is in "sehaj avastha " meanings he/she learning sikhi in their own pace and have taken steps not to cut their hair, not to eat meat, does patt morning and evening then such person in my eyes is sehaj avastha and learning Guru Di Sikhi slowly "getting ready" but surely may be not that at the same level as amritdhari partner.

Marrying a such person in my eyes, it's not wrong because you always inspiring your other partner to take amrit and he/she using that inspiration to move towards the goal - Guru Dharna/Murshid Bhanuana :D

I pretty much sure panj pyares wouldn't find it wrong or have problem with it.

I like the way you look at this subject N30 Singh.

It just seems that this sort of seperation between amrit shak Sikhs and those born into the religion almost is becoming a kind of Brahminism. The same way a lower caste persons touch or food would "dirty" a brahmin. Im sure they had some very logical reasons for these prejudices. But is religion about Logic or is it about Love??? Logic can be a game of the mind while Love is greater than the workings of the mind.

Bhaji, this is a teaching from the Guru. Talk to her about Amrit. My opinion is that you should not perform such marital duties until after she is Amritdhari. This is not Brahmanism, it is simply following the Guru's teaching.

Speaking with the Punj Pyare about this may help. Bring her along to the next Amrit Sanchar just to speak with them, she does not have to get Amrit Chuk right then and there.