Is there an Arabic script reader in the House ??

GurFateh !

Is there anybody on SA who can read Arabic script / ShahMukhi ?

If anyone can - could they do me a Big Favour and provide a Transliteration of the following extracts.

They both come from footnotes in S.Kapur Singh's 'Parasaraprasna'

The first is from Khushwaqt Rai's 'Twarikh-i-Sikhan' (1811AD) - I've included Kapur Singh's translation.

kush11zk.jpg

kush25jw.jpg

*from Parasaraprasna - The Baisakhi of Guru Gobind Singh - Kapur Singh - Edited by Piar Singh, Madanjit Kaur - GNDU 2001 Third Edition

page 122

The second is said to be an Afghan eyewitness verse in Pastu - describing 'Akalees' in battle

pashto4sb.jpg

*from Parasaraprasna - The Baisakhi of Guru Gobind Singh - Kapur Singh - Edited by Piar Singh, Madanjit Kaur - GNDU 2001 Third Edition

page 136

Many Many Thanks in advance !

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Gurfateh

Das can read Farsi but manuscript can be sometime difficuklt to understand,Das can underastand from first script.

az an rooz ie frim that day..

Das will do tranlnation after day or two.

this is Kadeemi Farsi ie old Farsi,while das is gardde 3 upto in modern Farsi yet das will do it Akals willing.

It is say ing that from day they started to wear Blue dress in Khusbhakt rai thing.

Das will put more things soon.

Guest Javanmard

I can read most of it but the handwriting is not very neat I have to admit, which makes it difficult to transliterate. South Asian Nastaliq is a nightmare and a half. Even just reading the Jang newspaper becomes a struggle because the words are just agglutinated instead of being neatly separated as Persians do.

ahh lighten up fellas i dont think akaali intended to offend i think he just likes to be a clown,

:D if his intention was to offend then let him own up to it, and the cyber powers to be will issue him with a warning.. !!!

if he just pulling the leg and clowning, i guess an apology and hugs and kisses will heal all wounds..

lol sorry if it offended u guys or sounded rude, just thought that was a bit funny.

vijaydeep is an amazing singh, knows tons of sarbloh bani, sakis from purataan itaastik granths, several languges and served in the army so hes a good warrior too. just find his english funny to read, espically when he was responding to the gora who posted on the forum a while ago, oh jeez, the confusion was hilarious