What is the color of the Guru's Wisdom?

The colour of the Guru;s wisdom is red. Because our blood is red. Our blood is the gross version of praan or life energy. Praan is the thread that holds the animal body together it is a chain. Death is a release of the chains or in bygone times doing strange things wwith the breath, esoteric pranayam, broke the chains. And knowledge, cessation of desire can break the chains. Gurus knowledge or wisdom shows a sikh the chains so he can become a devta and recognise his animal body, whilst recognising it, he still "is" it, to some extent but its in his power. So the colour is red because it is the gross extrapolation (the Blood) of a subtle understanding or knowing that only the Guru can show us

But it can also be blue because the sky is blue and the sky is unlimited there is end to sky, as the wisdom of the Guru reveals the unending endless.

It is also white, white reflects all light. The guru's wisdom purfies manush's buddhi so it pure reflects the transcendental atmaa

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all and Mekhane'ch Jannat Jee!

Thanks for your post.

Quote "The colour of the Guru;s wisdom is red.", "But it can also be blue . . ." and "It is also white,"

Does it says that the Guru's Wisdom has three colors?

Quote "The colour of the Guru;s wisdom is red. Because our blood is red."

May I ask if the color of blood in Manmukhs is different?

Quote "But it can also be blue because the sky is blue and the sky is unlimited there is end to sky, as the wisdom of the Guru reveals the unending endless."

Please explain this further. What is the color of the Guru's Wisdom beyond the blue sky?

Quote "It is also white, white reflects all light. The guru's wisdom purfies manush's buddhi so it pure reflects the transcendental atmaa"

Is it right that Guru's Wisdom is white that is why it reflects all light? Does all the light we know, is Guru's Wisdom?

Balbir Singh

IT CANT BE RED YOU ANTI SIKH RSS BRAHMINS!! RED IS AGAINST GURMAT AND THERE IS A HUKAMNAMA I THINK I READ AT A FRIENDS HOUSE AFTER A REHNSBHAI, OR MAYBE I DONT KNOW, BUT SANT JARNAIL SINGH DIDNT WEAR RED COS ITS LIKE THE HINDU COLOUR, SO DONT SAY THE GURUS BLOOD OR WISDOM IS RED COS ITS JUST BEADBI!!!!!!!!!!!

/end of new amritdhari rant 8)

if we take the last of my crappy analogies, I remebered from my bygone physics days that black absorbs colours and white reflects colours in the visible part of the electromagnetic spectrum, so maybe light was not the best word to use. What I meant to say by analogy was the wisdom of the Guru can purify your mind of sanskars and inhibitions or just "bad" thoughts which makes it reflect the soul, which is the cause of materiality (inc. mental apparatus) but seperate. White reflects all colours so by analogy the mind becomes "white" through the Guru's wisdom, which I suppose can be called whitening wisdom or applyying whitewash to your brain.

In fact our mind or the guru's wisdom is not white. When the Guru's wisdom permeates a man who through pure experience, intuitively understands, about the essence of being he cannot communicate this experience. This experience is completeness wholeness by saying something about it you are pinching off a bit of roti for a burkhi and saying this is the whole roti. So lets say a man had this experience and came back because he had to do something, and some seemingly inquisitive person asked him what is the colour of the Guru's Wisdom, he would remember the event, by remembering it he has limited it (pinched it off) the rememberenace he now communicates through the sanskars he now has so he may say "the guru's wisdom is pink"

IT CANT BE RED YOU ANTI SIKH RSS BRAHMINS!! RED IS AGAINST GURMAT AND THERE IS A HUKAMNAMA I THINK I READ AT A FRIENDS HOUSE AFTER A REHNSBHAI, OR MAYBE I DONT KNOW, BUT SANT JARNAIL SINGH DIDNT WEAR RED COS ITS LIKE THE HINDU COLOUR, SO DONT SAY THE GURUS BLOOD OR WISDOM IS RED COS ITS JUST BEADBI!!!!!!!!!!!

/end of new amritdhari rant 8)

Where is it written that red is anti-sikh, man im sick of this term. If people dont understand about something, its instantly "Anti-Sikh". If someone didnt wear a curtain colour it must be "anti-sikh", people just blindly follow other people without understanding why he/she acted in that curtain way or done what he/she done in that way. Have you ever done ardas in front of Guru Granth Sahib about red being Anti-sikh?

Guru Granth Sahib also says that to be a true Brahmin you have to have Naam in your heart. Does that mean its anti-sikh to have Naam in your heart because you'll end up being Brahmin? Im not hindu or even RSS.

And could please show us all this hukamnana that your friend read for you? So that we can maybe have a better understanding of what your trying to say?

People theses days are following the blind and dont blind dont allow questioning.

Dear all!

Quote from Maha Singh Jee "RED IS AGAINST GURMAT . . ."

I saw a video on Internet about colors of Sikhi. The responsible person on video also seemed convinced that red has no place in Gurmat. The Guru's are singing much thankfulness for the crimson red color though.

Quote "BUT SANT JARNAIL SINGH DIDNT WEAR RED COS ITS LIKE THE HINDU COLOUR,"

Strange red is the Hindu color.

Quote from Mekhane'ch Jannat Jee " . . . he would remember the event, by remembering it he has limited it (pinched it off) the rememberenace he now communicates through the sanskars he now has so he may say 'the guru's wisdom is pink.'"

One may realize the Guru's Wisdom. This is true. I am curious to know how one can forget it after realizing the Guru's Wisdom. Is it really possible to limit the Guru's Wisdom by remembering it? I cannot imagine that one realizes the Guru's Wisdom to forget this experience. Please explain further. Is God or HIS Wisdom, now become limited because the Gurus are singing?

Balbir Singh

Is God or HIS Wisdom, now become limited because the Gurus are singing?

I was not clear about this in my previous post, I got a bit ahead of myself. What I meant was experience of God is limited by remembering. If I can try to organise myself in this post; The Gurus wisdom in my definition is wisdom outside of maya which when known is inside maya but with an added bonus of a cleansed laser like mind dissolving the seeables and feelables into their essence.

In your first post you say what is the colour of this wisdom My reply would be that the relationship of man with God is multi faceted. A deep feeling the ultimate invokes in a man or a piercing into the essence of a thing occurs in a certain situation, so the piercing is "coloured" by maya, in her benevolent aspect. This glimpse into the essence has been represented by our Guru's as various colours. . I don't mean to say thats the whole story just a small suggestion from my limited experience

So the Guru's wisdom when given with karam is always limited, when you come back to maya, when you are. I'd say there are a many degree of levels of perfection of people who have received the Guru's wisdom and understood it in their lives. E.g walking up first thing in thing in the morning a person who does abhiaas can have a glimpse but then quickly tesions and thoughts rush back in, it is about perfecting this and having some noble aims in life otherwise you'd leave for good. Our Guru's understood it perfectly as much as any human could but in my view the totality of being cannot be told, as that would imply limitation.

Dear all and Mekhane'ch Jannat Jee!

Thanks for a good post.

Quote "What I meant was experience of God is limited by remembering."

We have experienced once, all that we remember. All experiences are complete. Also, when we are not able to realize those with complete awareness. Realizing anything with complete consciousness is experiencing God.

Quote "The Gurus wisdom in my definition is wisdom outside of maya"

Only God is. All what we know is God as Maya.

Quote "which when known is inside maya but with an added bonus of a cleansed laser like mind dissolving the seeables and feelables into their essence."

The Guru's Wisdom is also Maya that leads us with God's Grace beyond body, mind and sensual faculties. Without God's Grace Maya engages one in worldly matters. Always it is God's Hukam.

Quote " . . .in my view the totality of being cannot be told, as that would imply limitation."

The topic is not totality of being. The topic is the color of the Guru's Wisdom. Those, who have received the Guru's Wisdom, might have realized its color also. I felt.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

Quote "What is the color of Guru's wisdom?"

Please ask a learned person near around who has come to know the Guru's Wisdom. We should better seek the Guru's Wisdom to know the answer. Borrowed answers may intensify illusion.

I have heard the Satguru and true Sikhs share these experiences along with the wisdom of true Simran.

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh Ji,

I would think that Guru Ji's wisdom is not restricted to a colour, as Parbrahm wisdom is beyond our meager intellect, so recognition of the "colours" of Guru Ji's wisdom are beyond our senses.

Those imbued with naam would experience Guru Ji's wisdom, but would be unable to reiterate their experience, as experience of Parbrahm is beyond description in our limited language...

Better to focus on Gursikh jeevan than on rhetorical questions.

Dear all and Shaheediyan Jee!

Quote "I would think that Guru Ji's wisdom is not restricted to a colour,"

Let us agree that a color of the Guru's Wisdom exists. Bhagat Kabeer Jee is also singing.

ਐਸੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਪੁਰਖੋਤਮ ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤਾ ॥

"aisay gi-aan pargati-aa purkhotam kaho kabeer rang raataa." SGGS Ang 92-18

This way wisdom appeared, Purkhotam, says Kabeer, imbued the color.

Quote " . . .as Parbrahm wisdom is beyond our meager intellect, so recognition of the 'colours' of Guru Ji's wisdom are beyond our senses."

Through activities of true Naam one realizes soon fully conscious mind. The meager intellect grows and begins to live with complete awareness. One receives the Guru's Wisdom living in body with all the senses. The Guru's Wisdom is beyond our senses till one has received it.

May I ask if a person has to go beyond senses to receive the Guru's Wisdom?

Quote "Those imbued with naam would experience Guru Ji's wisdom,"

This is true.

Quote " . . .but would be unable to reiterate their experience, as experience of Parbrahm is beyond description in our limited language..."

We are not talking about Paarbrahm. Please explain this. Why the Gurus go on singing about God when HE is beyond description in our limited language.

Quote "Better to focus on Gursikh jeevan than on rhetorical questions."

I wish to meet a non rhetorical Baabaa. Sorry to note that all Brahmgyaanees among Sikhs are dead. Perhaps someone can also suggest a name whom they want to grant this title after his death.

A Baabaa may run away from true questions but why he wants us to suppress our basic urge to know God.

I feel the Gursikh Jeevan begins with the true Naam Simran and evolves with true contemplation.

Please ponder. Gurdev is singing.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਾਗੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਰੰਗਿ ॥

"naanak saaDhoo sang jaagay gi-aan rang."

Naanak, the company of Saadhoo awakes the color of Wisdom.

ਵਡਭਾਗੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ॥

"vadbhaagay kirpaa." SGGS Ang 380-9

Big luck is the mercy.

Balbir Singh

I know its little but i think guru's wisdom (bhramgyan da rang) has been potrayed as lal(red) in gurbani methaphors. Lal is known as pyaar da rang/wedded rang. In indian tradition may i say, woman wears a red veriloyn(sindoor), sindoor is a nishani(symbolic) of being sahugan with their husband(united with their husband). On a same token, adhyatmaically speaking, red is known as symbolic color for sahugan souls , jiv atma(souls) who are wedded with paratma(supreme soul).

Dear all and N30 Singh Jee!

Quote "I know its little but i think guru's wisdom (bhramgyan da rang) has been potrayed as lal(red) in gurbani methaphors."

Please provide a reference.

Quote "Lal is known as pyaar da rang/wedded rang."

Have I understood it correctly? Are Wisdom and Pyaar both of red color?

Quote "On a same token, adhyatmaically speaking, red is known as symbolic color for sahugan souls , jiv atma(souls) who are wedded with paratma(supreme soul)."

May I ask why some Sikhs plead to reject red color for Sikhs? Do they not like to become Suhaagan?

My hearty thanks are to all for great Satsangs. I may not be available on Forums for some time in next weeks.

Balbir Singh

I don't have any idea of Guru's Wisdom color............but in general life, according to Sant Baba Attar Singh:

"Guru Ghar wich Kesre, Surmae, and White are jayez haan, but nothing against any color" (Sant Baba Attar Singh Ji - Jiwan Gatha - Page 77)

• 6 years later...

If any humble opinion is allowed, I would then say, the colour of Guru´s wisdom, is that you are dyed with colour of love, of Ishq, of prem, of pyar..with Him.

The person dyed with the grace of Guru´s wisdom, in the form of divine Love, is a mad person in the eyes of the world, but becomes a real lover of Wahiguru.

That person wants the Darshan, the deedar of the Beloved, at all times...

As the Bani says:

TUJH BIN KAVAN HAMARA, MERE PREETAM PRAN AADHARAA... Who else is mine, apart from you my Lord? you are as dear to me, as the breathing

IK GHAREE NA MILTE, TA KALYUG HOTAA... Even a little time away from you, is like a hell

AKHEEYA, GUR DARSHAN KEE PYASEE... My beloved Guru, my eyes are thirsty for your darshan

There comes a stage when the lover wants nothing....but the Beloved Wahiguru, when the lover(sikh) has dyed himself fully in the colour of the Guru´s wisdom.

It is only then that we can say, we have been receptive to the Grace showered by the Guru.

To dye in the colour of love by His grace, is the purpose of the sikhiya of the Gurmukh.

Hum Santan kee rein pyaree ...