question about baba randhir singh ji

ok we were taking santheya ... and baba ji/ustad ji told us about jhatka again and one thing he said even baba randhir singh ji also ate meat when they were out of jail with their followers .... as they were hungry they did shikar to eat .... :roll: .... well i dont have any akj friends here to confirm it .... so i m just confirming it here if it comes in their jivaan sakhi .... dont wanna start any new argument ....

fathe

I don't believe there was any such instance mentioned in any book. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh was a rigourous vegetarian, even leaving tea aside (which he regarded to be "dog urine") and turning his back on Brahmgyani Gursikhs like Akali Kaur Singh, simply on discovering that the latter ate meat.

Also let's not forget, a man who is prepared to strave to death because he cannot receive his meals prepared by a Bibeki Singh in Sarabloh utensils is hardly going to hunt an animal (presuming he had the necessary know how to hunt, clean and prepare his meat!) just because he is 'feeling hungry'.

• 8 months later...

The sewapanthi mahant story tapoban put up just after i put sewapanthi.org on-line is just as spurious. the implication is that bhai sahib's kirtani jatha made mahant karam chand feel a sense of shame, something bhai sahib prophesised. What he ignores is that Mahant Karam Chand's effective Sri Mahant at that time was advising sewapanthis to take amrit, despite the sehajdhari parampra being no 'shameful' thing among sevapanthis. in fact look at that site i posted which is in mahant hardarshan singh's parampra and you see a recent sehajdhari sewapanthi sant there. Surely its even more shameless to twist events to validate your own notions of sectarian superiority!

When there is a revisionist mindset, the old vision has to systemically become obliterated and debunked.....the true merit lies in how seamlessly the new 'revised' model correlates to society and developed thought outside its own ecosystem