Is this what happens when nirmalay stop learning sanskrit?

tSingh

I wasn't being serious!

Its a funny video, and I think Sant Balbir Singh's great. He's done great work for sultanpur. the first time i went there I couldn't even see kali bein, but last year it looked incredible. Plus to then spend all that time walking from pind to pind along the kali bein route raising awareness about pollution is great, and i saw him finally reaching sultanpur at the end of it. Plus i love those photos of him doing things like playing volleyball. He's such a major role model within the sultanpur community.

OK, let me explain the joke. The only images you see of mahatmas in bhagva swami rup (as he is wearing) are sat in padmaasan with their chipi on a tiger skin...rather than arms in the air wohooooo spinning a tractor round with his cheley clinging to the back of it.

I wasn't being serious!

Its a funny video, and I think Sant Balbir Singh's great. He's done great work for sultanpur. the first time i went there I couldn't even see kali bein, but last year it looked incredible. Plus to then spend all that time walking from pind to pind along the kali bein route raising awareness about pollution is great, and i saw him finally reaching sultanpur at the end of it. Plus i love those photos of him doing things like playing volleyball. He's such a major role model within the sultanpur community.

OK, let me explain the joke. The only images you see of mahatmas in bhagva swami rup (as he is wearing) are sat in padmaasan with their chipi on a tiger skin...rather than arms in the air wohooooo spinning a tractor round with his cheley clinging to the back of it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOW I GET IT! LOL thats funny!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Time magazine celebrates Baba Seechewal

Posted in: Asia

By SSNews | Oct 3, 2008 - 10:41:34 PM

Time magazine celebrates Baba Seechewal

In a rare honor for the community, the much respected Time magazine has sang fulsome praise for environmentalist Baba Balbir Singh Seechewal calling him someone who has set out to clean up the mess.

The magazine article on him described how Baba Seechewal, single handedly and drawing upon the great institution of Karsewa, cleared the Kali Bein, a 99-mile-long (160 km) river considered sacred by the state's majority Sikh population.

The river was "reduced to a filthy drain into which six towns and more than 40 villages emptied their waste. Parts of the river dried up, leaving neighboring farmlands parched. Its polluted waters also seeped underground, contaminating the groundwater and causing lethal diseases."

It was then, beginning 2000, that Seechewal taught locals why they should clean the Kali Bein, "enlisting volunteers to do the physical work and raising funds for equipment."

"Today, the Kali Bein is thriving. Families head there for picnics and the devout bathe during religious festivals," the magazine said.

As for Seechewal, he has turned his sights onto the tanneries and other factories that dispose of untreated waste in rivers.

http://www.sikhsangat.org/news/publish/asi...hewal1245.shtml