Prem Sumarag Granth discussion

17 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

It's not in the greatest condition cause of its age. The pages are really brittle.

I owuld try and get it scanned as soon as possible. ANd try and find out how to preserve pages.Contact these peeps if you are on Facebook.

Pothi sewa:

https://www.facebook.com/PothiSeva/?fref=ts

On 30/9/2016 at 0:59 AM, Kuttabanda2 said:

Interesting.

When I was informed about this , I met Nihang Singhs (from i think Tarna Dal/ Hariavelan) back in India, they said it was what they would do to a captured turk (especially of importance) they'd bury them neck high, feed him pork, then let the dogs, jackals, bobcats etc. (kutte billeh) have their way with them. 

Another method was digging a pit, throwing the prisoner in, and covering it with wood (with just a hole in the top) and Singhs would defecate in there or something.

I haven't found any written evidence of this anywhere so far, so I'm not to quite sure if this is in fact true.

Interesting. If this is how the warriors would punish captives it could explain this method of 'testing' how genuine a muslim is when wanting to convert.. Ie let him think he is about to get tortured/killed - will he succumb or not. Sounds dodgy in today's eyes but probably not in 18th century India where the Singhs probably were highly suspicious of any muslim wanting to convert.

• 4 years later...