Drunk from Qwaal!

SURYADEV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbHZwzfP-aE...feature=related

Also check out my favourite qawwal, aziz mian. If you can track down his early LPs, incredible! I can't imagine this particular qawal being performing in a Southall Gurdwara anytime soon. Obviously, if you know even a miniscule about sufi poetry you'll know the meaning of sharab.

only mast fakir or jaigaso who start understanding deep level faquiri can appreciate this type of qwalis rest a) either are shariapanthis types take out kirpana/talwara declare fatwas against you B) bunch of idiots who really thinks mein sharabi actually mean being drunk in typical desi or angreezi daru.

"I can't imagine this particular qawal being performing in a Southall Gurdwara anytime soon"

True, but there is a strong chance you may 'easily' persuade a Leamington Gurdwara to fullfill your wishes... sorry couldn't resist!

Our Guru Sahiban elude to the same, just more eloquently (IMHO):

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਮਾਤੋ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਮਾਤੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਓ‍ੁਹੀ ਪੀਓ ਓ‍ੁਹੀ ਖੀਓ ਗੁਰਹਿ ਦੀਓ ਦਾਨੁ ਕੀਓ ॥

ਉਆਹੂ ਸਿਉ ਮਨੁ ਰਾਤੋ ॥੧॥

ਓ‍ੁਹੀ ਭਾਠੀ ਓ‍ੁਹੀ ਪੋਚਾ ਉਹੀ ਪਿਆਰੋ ਉਹੀ ਰੂਚਾ ॥

ਮਨਿ ਓਹੋ ਸੁਖੁ ਜਾਤੋ ॥੨॥

ਸਹਜ ਕੇਲ ਅਨਦ ਖੇਲ ਰਹੇ ਫੇਰ ਭਏ ਮੇਲ ॥

ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦਿ ਪਰਾਤੋ ॥੩॥੪॥੧੫੭॥

c) those who have tasted the bliss of Guru Maharaj and no longer understand why anyone who also has been given the oppurtunity to enjoy Guru Ji would find such enjoyment in anything else.

You too are a fanatic of sort.

Firstly if someone had bliss of guru maharaj ji they would understand this ebadat/ekta na nasha instead of having cham dristi bliss only limited in gurdwaras. Saints see akaal purkh in jot in everywhere thats why they are not chamars like us they are bhramdrist.

I am sure they were enough sarmad fakirs(mastane fakirs) in sikh panth who were questioned/ridiculed by sharia panthis. As they say: Taraq Duniya, Taraq Ukbah, Taraq Mualla, Taraq Taraq. Sharia doesnt apply to sant/ fakirs.

Good point n30 Singh.

We need to see God in all. Respect the goodness in all. Although i don't agree with Silence, but he did have a good point on his last post. But Silence Jee needs to understand that not everyone has had the good Bhaag to taste of bliss of Guru Maharaaj. But with guru Maharaaj's kripaa we will get Laha of his Gurbani. Not all of us are in the same spiritual level. People like me have a very very very low spiritual level, probably because I don't wake up everyday for Amritvela. Guru Saab Kirpaa karn

• 3 months later...

Don’t quote me because I’m not sure about the facts but in ?India? a great Sufi Sant is buried named Rumi it is a place where people from all religions come together and sing the praise of God. – I saw this documentary but can’t remember the facts it was five years back

Anyway this video has nothing to do with that but NF Ali Khan doing Qwaali/Kiratn in a Gurdwara Shabd by Bhagat Kabir – Enjoy.

Nanaki

"So I back tracked and the Sant is not Rumi, but Amir Khusro 13th Century Sufi poet buried in Dehli - but the rest is the same" - UPDATED

• 2 weeks later...

I know its an old discussion, but I'm a new poster here and here's my thoughts on this.

For all of this to be done at a Gurdwara would be wrong, all the clapping and dancing completely unappropraite. Here's a shabad that speaks on this type of dancing and clapping.

Channel your dancing mind in devotional worship, and through the Word of the Guru.s Shabad, merge your mind with the Supreme Mind. Let your true and perfect tune be the subjugation of your love of Maya, and let yourself dance to the Shabad. || 3 || People shout out loud and move their bodies, but if they are emotionally attached to Maya, then the Messenger of Death shall hunt them down. Ang 121

The love of Maya makes this mind dance, and the deceit within makes people suffer in pain. || 4 || When the Lord inspires one to become Gurmukh, and perform devotional worship, then his body and mind are attuned to His Love with intuitive ease. The Word of His Bani vibrates, and the Word of His Shabad resounds, for the Gurmukh whose devotional worship is accepted. || 5 || One may beat upon and play all sorts of instruments, but no one will listen, and no one will enshrine it in the mind. For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. || 6 || ang 122

For all of this to be done at a Gurdwara would be wrong, all the clapping and dancing completely unappropraite. Here's a shabad that speaks on this type of dancing and clapping.

What type?

Channel your dancing mind in devotional worship, and through the Word of the Guru.s Shabad, merge your mind with the Supreme Mind. Let your true and perfect tune be the subjugation of your love of Maya, and let yourself dance to the Shabad. || 3 || People shout out loud and move their bodies, but if they are emotionally attached to Maya, then the Messenger of Death shall hunt them down. Ang 121

The love of Maya makes this mind dance, and the deceit within makes people suffer in pain. || 4 || When the Lord inspires one to become Gurmukh, and perform devotional worship, then his body and mind are attuned to His Love with intuitive ease. The Word of His Bani vibrates, and the Word of His Shabad resounds, for the Gurmukh whose devotional worship is accepted. || 5 || One may beat upon and play all sorts of instruments, but no one will listen, and no one will enshrine it in the mind. For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. || 6 || ang 122

And what is your point by quoting this? It says nothing in your favour.

Both those quotes end with a caveat, unless you are a Brahmgiani, in which case I apologise, you have absolutely no basis for your judgement.

Here's a quote for you, not from Guru Sahib, 'Judge not lest ye be judged'.

What type?

And what is your point by quoting this? It says nothing in your favour.

Both those quotes end with a caveat, unless you are a Brahmgiani, in which case I apologise, you have absolutely no basis for your judgement.

Here's a quote for you, not from Guru Sahib, 'Judge not lest ye be judged'.

A person does not need to be a Brahmgiani to interpret Gurbani, I hope you can understand this. Instead of blowing off steam maybe explain how it doesn't apply. I pray to God that no one starts clapping and dancing at Gurdwaras, the whole message would be losted.

A person does not need to be a Brahmgiani to interpret Gurbani, I hope you can understand this. Instead of blowing off steam maybe explain how it doesn't apply. I pray to God that no one starts clapping and dancing at Gurdwaras, the whole message would be losted.

Clapping in maharaj's darbar out of spiritual intoxication like sufi's do is highly discouraged but its not manmat just like one hyperventilating while doing simran causing nuisance and disturb others in maharaj darbar is discouraged but its not manmat. The reason its highly discouraged in darbar is because gurmukh supposed to hide his avastha or emotions and stay in sehaj avastha in darbar and stay in sehaj when dealing with normal sangat which may have many beginners which may not understand whats going on in the darbar.

caveat (noun): a proviso of specific conditions

People shout out loud and move their bodies, but if they are emotionally attached to Maya, then the Messenger of Death shall hunt them down. Ang 121

For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. || 6 || ang 122

i.e. these things cause sorrow if one is attached to maya and duality, attachment or duality cannot be inferred from their presence.

If you can tell me how you know these people are attached to maya and in love with duality from watching a 3 minute clip on youtube then I will take back my point. Otherwise your post is an exercise in false logic.