What is the solution to end fighting in our gurudwaras???

Aman Singh veer ji,

Lets see

- First we need to filter all these eastern old greedy sikh outta there.

-Second we need to present the gurdwara in a way where people who goes there knows that its not socializing place or check out gals and guys but its a place of worshipping akaal (using Visual Signs Techniques or using seevadars)

-Third we need 2nd generation Sikh youths to run the show. They need shift the power peacefully to us and give us a chance to make gurdwara once again place of relegious discussions, issues, seminars and NAAAM SIMRAN.

-Fourth we need all the gurdwaras and I Meant all the gurdwara from all over the world to get networked together and act like cleints where AKAL TAKTH ACT LIKE (HEAD) SERVER. If you know what i mean veer. Whatever AKAL TAKTH SAYS gurdwara's around the globe and in india has to follow. But before you do that we gott kick out mahants in akal takth who are controlling and runnin the place whichever way they want or whoever tells them to run instead of following "Sikh Rehat Maryada" from dadami takshal.

-Fifth we like each and every gurdwara connceted as "WAN" (Wide Area Network) you got my ideas from fourth one...Cleint and Server relationships..

umm i cant think of anything else now..but whenever i do ..i ll let you know more...this is more enuf to be done...who will do this...vahegurooo knows...dekho jai kirpa bakshashi khalsa shall flourish agian :D

Hey N30 ji,

Thanks for your view, its really good. as u said before we take all this step we need to remove all non-sikhs form our gurudwaras. but how we going to do that. its not easy as it seems. if u take a example of

" i don't wanna name of gurudware" here all committe member are .. with no hair and turbans except one. the only thing is that they all are rich and by using their money power the become a member of gurudwaras. they are just doing to get a "shorat" and becoming famous in sikh community. and every two years they have election and they fight and abuse each other. Gurudwara is a place to pray, and look what it has become. Instead of talking about god or sikhism , this ppl talk about how to win the election and other stuff which is not relation with gurudwara or our religion. Its not only this gurudwara here, i believe that it happen every where in the world , whre ever is sikh temples. Well , thanks for yoru view again. keep writing.. rab rakha.

Its foundations are all corrupt. Once the foundation is set.... then all will come. People make Gudwaras cuz they can make money out of theem...

Kinda mashed up.

WHen all the mashed up stuff gets sorted out then ppl will realise.

I have only ever been to one gudwara which has shocked me with its Maryada... the Sangat.... the physical and spirtual side and unseen beauty...!!!! :LOL:

Fateh Ji.

Aman Singh veer ji,

-Third we need 2nd generation Sikh youths to run the show. They need shift the power peacefully to us and give us a chance to make gurdwara once again place of relegious discussions, issues, seminars and NAAAM SIMRAN.

U taken da words out my my month! :o

I also tink we need English translations of da Guru Granth Shaib wen da Guru Granth Shaib is read in Gurmuki-Punjabi. Dis will bring more young peeps 2 da Gurdwara's.

Hey people,

The main problem is to select a committe in gurudwara. and these ppl fight with each other to become a member of gurudwara. Mostly they have election and when ever is their election they fight. Why don't this ppl understand, "The one Who run the whole world, why we are trying to run him" If Guru Granth Sahib JI is our guru, then why we need a human person to run the gurudwara. Is it all about money??? or just to have a "shorat" ??

I wanna tell u all this true story happened at one gurudwar in usa. There are two group here. The present committe called an open meeting, and both group showed up. Some how they begin arguing with each other, and fighting in front of Guru Granth Sahib JI, inside the Gurudwara Hall. Even though they said bad words to each other, some fight physicallly. Then the police showed up and the handle the situation. Then this ppl were blaming on police that they entered inside the hall wearing shoes. How come this ppl don't understand what the hell they were doning there. who made the police to enter in gurudwara. look ppl, can be call them sikh. i mean , i can write a lot more.. but no use. cuz this kind of ppl needed to be stop doing bad thing at gurudwara. this is why i wanna know, do u have any idea to remove this kind of ppl from our gurudwaras. plz do reply. thanks

Rab rakha

i'll tell you this much pyareo - unity is the key to getting rid of this corruption

i see lots of change coming about in the next 20 yrs.. we need to stick together and when our turns come to run the gurdwaras, give them to the proper people..

it has been said by some sants and someone i personally know who has HAD gurujees darshan that THIS GENERATION - OUR GENERATION - is THE generation... and according to these people, OUR generation is THE generation that is going to fix many of sikhi's problems and make it strong again...

theres lots more where that comes from but thats all we need to know...it reminds me of the shabad lakhi jungle khalsa, where after the battle of mukatsar (in which gurujee had lost many sikhs), little by little, sikhs began gathering at Lakhi Jungle as they heard guru jee was there...Eventually it became a place where gatka/keertan/sikhi was taught to people and in a while, the Khalsa re-gained the strength it had lost in the battle and was able to be strong again... Guru Gobind Singh personally blessed the sangat with his kirpa, and the Khalsa was be able to basically reload and re-establish itself...and the strength came back

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Taking over the Gurdwara from the 'Pardhans'

1. Get the youth involved. The only way to get the youth involved in the Gurdwara is for sewadars to set up activities at the Gurdwara which attract the youth. Things like explaining Sikhi in English and also sports. I have noticed that some of the youth have been setting up 'Sikhi workshops' which are an excellent way to bring the youth who have for various reasons not been taught anything about Sikhi by the parents to attend the Gurdwara and get involved.

2. Make sure that all the youth become members of the Gurdwara with full voting rights. The youth by their very nature are much more committed to a cause than the older people. Youth have the energy and the belief that they can change things for the better. Set up a committee to fight the Gurdwara election. Have a representative section of the Sikhs, youth, Bibiyan, and also 'token' oldies. Well that's exactly what the oldies have been doing for ages.

3. Make sure the youth tell their parents to vote for the representative committee. Parents are likely to listen to the youth especially if the youth know more about Sikhi than they ever did. At the moment the parents who are Gurdwara members are usually canvassed by the rival committees based on stupid things such as caste or region ( ie Malwa, Doaba etc )

4. Once the youth committee gets it then it will easy to make sure that the oldies don't get in ever again. The simple thing is to change the constitution, make sure that any person wanting to fight Gurdwara elections must allow his income to be audited and 10 % be donated to the Gurdwara as Daswand. Then you will see all these Gurdwara presidents and general secretaries run off never to fight for their 'chaudhar' again. Rules should also be changed that 50 % of all committee seats go to the youth ( 18-30 ), 50 % go to Bibiyan etc.

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh

local sangat of gurudwara can do tis better. sangat has 2 take stand against thses fake politicians, pardhans. in guru maharaj di hazoori, sangat has 2 select main sewadar(president) for gurudwara .members should be amritdharis.

tis all will be possible if sangat take stand against these pardhans.i hav heard so many of us n our parents saying

"saaanu ki jo marji karn gurudware, asin ki lena dena"

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh ji

sorry to do a cut and paste job but replys below (taken from another message board) sums up this very nicely

2 words

Gurdwara

Politics

The people involved in this election care only for publicity and bigging up their own names. What about the operations of the gurdwara?

How come we have moved away from Punj Pyaaray style of running gurdwara to this elected official style of running. Guru Gobind Singh Jee gave us this method of running our gurdwaras/societies and we have turned our back on it, only employing Punj Pyaaray at Amrit Sanchaars and Nagar Kirtans.

This election style of selecting leadership ends up causing the problems of infighting within our gurdwaras because it leads to agendas. It leads to natural conflicts, which end up being played out during the course of the committees reign, and then the game is played out again during the next election.

People run the gurdwara as they see it best for them. The Punj Pyaaray would run the gurdwara as they see it best for the Sangat.

Imagine how peaceful it woudl be to go to gurdwara and not have to worry about politics if the gurdwaras were run by Punj Pyaaray instead of elected officials?

WJKK WJKF

Dass

Guest BikramjitSingh

The problem is election. We need to stop voting system, and bring up slective system.and only Amritdhari person .How we do that. ?????

The only way to change the system from democratic to meritocratic is through the democratic system. It is well nigh impossible to change the system within the Gurdwaras without first taking control through a committee and then changing the constitution to allow for control of Gurdwara functions to pass to people based on their merit.

Once there was hukamnama was issued from Akal Thakat Sahib in 1984, which required all the sikh temple to have amritdhari savadar only. I think either we don't know about it, or forget it, or don't wanna obey Akal Thakat Sahib. We are not true sikhs, we are just taking a advatage of being sikh. what a shame.!!!!!!!!!!!!