Kesh/keshki Msn Discussion

It does become problmatic when we start comparing Gurmukhs, because i dont believe anyone would lie intentionally, maybe mis heard kes as one word when ki is said after. Also, as far as im aware all Mahapursh's have the same view on this issue and it is only those who dont believe in sant, mahapurshs conviently decide to take a different stance. Sant Jarnial Singh ji had darshen of Mata Sahib Kaur, so surely if kes-ki was an issue they would have known.

Edited by Antharjaame

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

read Gurpratap Suraj Prakash Granth - Guru Nanak Dev Ji tells Bhai Mardana that he must never cut his hair and that it is a kakaar.

Read Dasam Granth - Guru Gobind Singh Ji states kes is kakaar

Go to Anandpur Sahib - the place where the Khalsa was created is called Keshgarh Sahib not keskigarh.

KESKI IN NOT KAKAAR BUT IF SOMEBODY TIES IT THEN THATS NOT A BAD THING

• 3 weeks later...

The words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in PERTAKH form to Bhai Rama Singh Ji:

"Take Amrit and be initiated as a Singh. Your mission will be to promote Amrit baptism in many countries."

"I have given the Khalsa 5 kakars - kachera, kara, kirpan, kanga and keski. The Sikh Panth and the Khalsa do not follow my directive. Some have modified the fifth kakar from kes-ki to kes. You are ordered not to give Amrit in the baptism ceremony unless keski in included as one of the 5 kakars."

"The coming of Khalsa Raj is inevitable. But, only when the Khalsa follows my guidance. Rehat, the code of conduct for the Sikhs, is more important to me than a Sikh. During the Khalsa Raj, spiritual guidance will be mine and the Panj Pyaare will give the lead. Punjab will become like heaven, a part of Sachkhand, the Plane of Truth, i.e God's country. The Khalsa institution of Panj Pyaare will head every local community."

Taken from another forum:

If bring mahapursh into this listen to katha of Giani Thakur Singh ji he says Rampurkerawale Mahapursh recieved darsan of Guru Arjan Dev ji himself and asked him Raagmala is bani. Maharaaj repied it is bani and said dont do shanka. The katha's from the barsi check out paji.

Edited by Antharjaame

IN DASAM GRANTH MAHARAAJ CLEARLY STATES IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE THAT KESH IS THE MOOL KAKAAR AND THEN GURUJI MENTIONS THE OTHER 4 AND THEN GOES ON TO SAY THAT BEING SEPERATED FROM THESE ONE IS NOT FORGIVEN.

NO OTHER MAHAPURKH EVER HAS MENTIONED THE WORD KESKI NEVER MIND IT BEING A KAKAAR...

SO WHY DO PEOPLE TALK OF BHAI RAMA SINGH - WHO WAS A ABYASI SIKH BUT NOT BRAHMGYANI.

As far as I am aware the Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji reference to kes is as a MUDRA, not a kakkar, or am I wrong?

I have not read Shri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji. But it makes sense if this is true because the jogis tied kes in a topknot over the dasam duaar to form a protective seal/mudra where the kes was energized with praan by practices of pranayama, kriyas and mantra japa. That is the purpose of a joora. The kes itself forms the mudra, not the keski, because the NAAM vibrates in the kes.

Harjas Kaur, the treh mudrai in Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji are Kes, Kirpan and Kachera.

They are the core kakaars - as Kara compliments/protects the kirpan/fighting hand of the Singh and the Kanga maintain and keep clean the Kes.

Keski as kakaar is not even worth talking about, its was simply an invention by Bhasauria.

Keski as kakaar is not even worth talking about, its was simply an invention by Bhasauria.

I used to wear a keski. I think purpose of keski and dastaar is valid, to insulate the praanic currrent, protect the kes and head from battle injuries, cover hairs and show reverence for the Divine always. However, it is not appropriate to make mandatory for bibia. Purataan frescoes primarily show ladies wearing....haha, yes, jewelry and saris. I think some sampradaya have all gone overboard trying to make ladies into mini-men with these radical interpretations which have no basis in rehatnamay or history.

335603742_6ed618fd89.jpg?v=0

Fresco on the walls of Baba Atal Sahib, Amritsar, Punjab

Chitrakari's Photostream

The word mudra is used here in a different context than trai mudra. It's use in this manner in no way invalidates it as a kakaar, it simply looks at kes in a different context, outside of the issue of kakaars. The word mudra refers to the various positions meditators put their fingers in. These positions have numerous benefits including enhancing concentration. Harjas Kaur gives a decent explanation of how this works.