Kesh/keshki Msn Discussion

Actually, it was all in the fanatic - Bhasaurias - imagination. Unfortunatley - he just happened to be a big influence on Bhai Randhir Singhs life, from what I remember he was even one of the 5 pyare who gace amrit to Bhai Sahib, could be wrong though, but if right, it explains Bhai Sahibs lifelong belief in the keski.

• 4 weeks later...

Why are people so obsessed with forcing women to wear a Keski? Are these just insecure men who need to keep their women in control? Sound like Wahabis, fed up of people telling me its the only Sikhi roop and how everyone else is too hindufied.

I think you'll find it's 'feminist' 'Sikhs' that think to 'equal' is to dress like a man.

• 4 months later...

Shamshere Pitas Baniyan (Sri Dasam and Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji) both refer to Kes as Kakaar.

As far as I am aware the Sri Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji reference to kes is as a MUDRA, not a kakkar, or am I wrong?

In the Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji one, if you mean this,

Ik Oankaar Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh||Sri Mukhvak Patshahi 10|| Nishane Sikhi Ee Haroof Panj Kaaf||Hargiz Na Bashd ee Panj Muaaf||1|| Kara Kardo Kacch Bidha(n)|| Bila Kesh Hech Asth Jumleh Nisha||2|| Hrf Hakait Asth Ee Panj Kaf||Bidha Nand Bavr Na Goyam Khilaf||3|| Hukka Hajamat Halal Haram || Bachishey Hina(n) Kard Roo Sayah Fam ||4||

I don't see the word KAKKAR anywhere :)

Edited by Silence

The words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in PERTAKH form to Bhai Rama Singh Ji:

"Take Amrit and be initiated as a Singh. Your mission will be to promote Amrit baptism in many countries."

"I have given the Khalsa 5 kakars - kachera, kara, kirpan, kanga and keski. The Sikh Panth and the Khalsa do not follow my directive. Some have modified the fifth kakar from kes-ki to kes. You are ordered not to give Amrit in the baptism ceremony unless keski in included as one of the 5 kakars."

"The coming of Khalsa Raj is inevitable. But, only when the Khalsa follows my guidance. Rehat, the code of conduct for the Sikhs, is more important to me than a Sikh. During the Khalsa Raj, spiritual guidance will be mine and the Panj Pyaare will give the lead. Punjab will become like heaven, a part of Sachkhand, the Plane of Truth, i.e God's country. The Khalsa institution of Panj Pyaare will head every local community."

Don't believe he was lying - just question what he experienced (which is different from almost every Mahapursh) and put in his book. Yes, I knew him, and he was a good, kind hearted person.

Sri Dasam Granth Ji and Sarbloh Granth make it cear what the kakkars are.

There used to be mega keski being kakar discussion thread on this forum where amritpal singh amrit refuted keski being kakar, for some reason that thread mysteriously disappeared from the forum...i have no idea what happened..i can only speculate, but i would rather not do that without any hard evidence.

waheguru is poora, a gurmukh is adhoora......avoid putting people up on pedestals otherwise it'll screw you up eventually as everyone is fallible....Just be careful, faith that person X, experience Y, or fact Z makes something truthful doesn't....Simply, because each of those have passed, are passing, or will pass..

disclaimer: I'm not a brahmgyani and wouldn't know how to discern one...spare me the one liners, unless someone is blessed with the buddhi to know, they can enlighten us.

The words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji in PERTAKH form to Bhai Rama Singh Ji:

Punjab will become like heaven, a part of Sachkhand, the Plane of Truth, i.e God's country. The Khalsa institution of Panj Pyaare will head every local community."

do you think Guru Ji would have said this? it doesnt make sense if you read Akal Ustat, that Guru Ji would liken a part of a country to be like heaven.I think.

when exactly did this kes/keski become an "issue"?