Excorsism In Sikhi

Power of Guru Sahib through the panj pyare and gurbani, no force is mightier.

Read the following:

Evil Spirits Flee in Terror from Gursikhs: Baraylee Smaagam 1959 & 61

By Prof. Thakur Singh

Translated by Admin www.tapoban.org

The July and August Smaagams used to take place in Baraylee but in 1959, the Smaagam took place in May. In this Smaagam's amrit sinchaar, a couple from Mainpuree was blessed a lot with spiritual ecstasy. Another amazing incident from this amrit sinchaar is the case of the woman attacked by an evil spirit. This woman was from Baraylee. When she appeared before the Punj Pyaaray, she told Jathedar Sahib, Baoo Mul Singh jee, "An evil spirit has possessed me but she could not enter this place. She remained outside the door." Baoo jee assured the woman that in this place no evil spirit could enter. Wherever naam is repeated then forget evil spirits, even Jamm Doot cannot enter. "Jaih sadhoo gobind bhajan keertan nanak neet|| Naa hou(n) Naih too(n) Naih chhoTih nikT na jaaeeoh doot"

Dharam Raja tells his Jamm-Doot the above that wherever saintly people are and where there is naam simran or keertan, don't go near that place. Otherwise, "neither I nor you can be saved".

Then Baoo jee told the woman that she should receive amrit and meditate on naam and all spirits would leave. When all the peshees had finished and the Bata was prepared, the aspirants came one at a time to receive amrit. When that woman's turn came, drops of amrit entered her and she was taught naam. As she began to jap naam, she screamed out "That spirit has run away!".

Another even more amazing incident is this: A very scary looking woman, who would cause children to run away just by looking at her, was brought to the Baraylee Smaagam in 1961. This was a very superstitious and irrational woman. She was prepared in order to present her before the Panj Pyaaray. When it came her turn to be Peshed, she stopped in front of the door. She would not go in. When even a number of people together could not drag her in, then the Jathedar of the Punj Pyaaray, Baoo Mul Singh jee came out with his unsheathed sword and told the woman to come in. At this, that horrible, scary, witch-like woman glared with red eyes at Baoo jee and lunged at Baoo jee screaming "I won't leave you either!"

Baoo Jee challenged the spirit possessing this woman and said "Fine, I'm ready. You leave this woman and come into me." The spirit replied "I won't leave her" and she lay down in front of the door.

Sree Maan Baoo jee motioned to some Singhs who then picked up the woman and brought her inside. Upon entering, she quietly sat down. She was held and given amrit. When the Punj Pyaaray were imparting Gur-Mantar, she stubbornly resisted for some time but then she could not resist the sound of Gur-Mantar and began to loudly cry out "Leave me alone! Leave me alone! I'll leave! I'll leave her!" Baoo jee replied "You had said you wouldn't leave this woman…." The spirit then exclaimed, "I was never going to leave her, but what can I do? Now I'm dealing with BrahmGyaanees…" Saying this, the evil spirit left and the woman came to her senses and began to recite Gur-Mantar.

So at Baraylee, because of Baoo jee, such incidents always occurred. In these years a Smaagam took place in Kota Rajasthan where under the Jathedaaree of Baoo Mul Singh jee another similar incident took place.

The only issue with giving amrit is that the spirit will not be willing to enter the arena, if forced, one would most likely be done for assault or imprisonment etc...

The above Singhs were exceptional in that they had courage, kamai and were obviously aware of these issues, hence did not question the reality of the situation, but rather, knew how to deal with it. I very much doubt 5 pyare in UK say, would know how do deal with this sort of problem.

From what I have seen with my own eyes many years ago, was Gurdwarai (more than 1) Gyaanis turn away someone who needed help. They wouldn't even let the victim through the door - 1 - because they didn't how to deal with it and 2 - it would frighten the sangat.

This is the very sad reality - and the reason why so many DIY corrupted Babai are so successful all over the world - because Gurus Ghar has been forced to close its door on these unfortunate victims of circumstance....

This is why I advocate Dera Vadbhag Singh - because there is no commitment, no cost, nor an expectation to be a chela and fund a Babas love for 4x4s and property in Chandigarh.

If one is lucky enough to have sangat of a real Mahapurkh, then I would obviously recommend their help in the 1st instance.

Getting rid of a spirit is one thing, giving it mukhti or at least sending it on to the next stage is another and can only be done through Gurbani recited in the correct way.

Shaheediyan: if you meet Bibi Ji from Hapur this weekend, or Baba Nirmal Singh Ji the ask them - this is the main duty they were given by Sant Isher Singh Ji.

I totally agree with shaheediyan veer ji post. That was exactly my point in dera baba wadbhag singh thread.

Matheen, can you please share more info on baba nirmal singh ji? i think they stay with bibi ji?? is that correct?. I remember i went to this premi house in brampton where they did kirtan long long time ago. oh boii their dharna kirtan was out of this world, they use electronic modified harmonium, amazing stuff.

Matheen I will not be meeting Bibi/Baba Ji this weekend, but could you shed more light on this seva that they have been given, 1st I have heard of this, if you can, give examples.

I would be interested to know if these problems affect Namdhari sangat and if so, how they deal with them... Fateh Singh?

From what I have seen with my own eyes many years ago, was Gurdwarai (more than 1) Gyaanis turn away someone who needed help. They wouldn't even let the victim through the door - 1 - because they didn't how to deal with it and 2 - it would frighten the sangat.

This is the very sad reality - and the reason why so many DIY corrupted Babai are so successful all over the world - because Gurus Ghar has been forced to close its door on these unfortunate victims of circumstance....

This is why I advocate Dera Vadbhag Singh - because there is no commitment, no cost, nor an expectation to be a chela and fund a Babas love for 4x4s and property in Chandigarh.

If one is lucky enough to have sangat of a real Mahapurkh, then I would obviously recommend their help in the 1st instance.

Most Sikhs think Excorsism is anti-sikh theses days. They believe demonic spirits are fictitious. What the mainstream needs to understand that excorsism is normal and can help them and then that person whos possessed can get on with his life without being bothered by theses demonic spirits. I wish people knew about Baba Vadbhag Singh.

Most Sikhs think Excorsism is anti-sikh theses days. They believe demonic spirits are fictitious. What the mainstream needs to understand that excorsism is normal and can help them and then that person whos possessed can get on with his life without being bothered by theses demonic spirits. I wish people knew about Baba Vadbhag Singh.

Fateh!

I think this is due to the fact that Sikhi places such a strong emphasis on worship of Nirgun Brahman and avoiding anything that smacks of superstition. Some Sikhs take this so far that they do not believe in avataars, bhoot-pret, miracles, mantra jantra and so on (despite the fact that they are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and in puraatan granths) because they are not "logical" or "scientific". In fact, when I talk to such Singhs, I'm never quite sure that they actually believe in God.

Regards,

K.

Fateh!

I think this is due to the fact that Sikhi places such a strong emphasis on worship of Nirgun Brahman and avoiding anything that smacks of superstition. Some Sikhs take this so far that they do not believe in avataars, bhoot-pret, miracles, mantra jantra and so on (despite the fact that they are mentioned in Sri Guru Granth Sahib and in puraatan granths) because they are not "logical" or "scientific". In fact, when I talk to such Singhs, I'm never quite sure that they actually believe in God.

Regards,

K.

That's true. Such people believe in science not Sikhi. In fact I've seen Sikhs who will choose science over Sikhi where ever science contradicts Sikhi. These types of people do not even believe in the power of Naam Simran, Gurbani or Ardas since the God they believe in is a very passive God who does not interfere in his creation or help his Sikhs.

That's true. Such people believe in science not Sikhi. In fact I've seen Sikhs who will choose science over Sikhi where ever science contradicts Sikhi. These types of people do not even believe in the power of Naam Simran, Gurbani or Ardas since the God they believe in is a very passive God who does not interfere in his creation or help his Sikhs.

Fateh!

Then again, I've met Punjabis who blame black magic for everything from why their husbands can't stop drinking to not being as rich as the Singh down the road. (They, oddly enough, are the first one's to visit Tantric Babas to cast curses on people who cross them.) Indians are a superstitious lot, and it's probably for the best that mainstream Sikhi seems to promote the idea of the non-existence of the supernatural. Perhaps it will prevent an Aunty ji from getting fleeced by a spiritual conman.

K.

Fateh!

Then again, I've met Punjabis who blame black magic for everything from why their husbands can't stop drinking to not being as rich as the Singh down the road. (They, oddly enough, are the first one's to visit Tantric Babas to cast curses on people who cross them.) Indians are a superstitious lot, and it's probably for the best that mainstream Sikhi seems to promote the idea of the non-existence of the supernatural. Perhaps it will prevent an Aunty ji from getting fleeced by a spiritual conman.

K.

South Asians in general are very paranoid when it comes to jadoo-toonaa/black magic. But that is not to say that such things do not exist. Main thing is for a Sikh to have pooran vishvaas on his Guru and know for certain that his Guru will protect his Sikh.

Actually, every single culture in the world has a deep tradition of Jadu (kala) - and rightly being extremely paranoid of it. In fact, I recall hearing that there was a killing spree (witch hunt) in Western Africa a few weeks ago due to this very paranoia. Catholic witch hunts in Europe and the infamous ones in America occured due to paranoia.

Jadu is still rampant in Russia, Central Asia, Australaisa, Africa, Americas, Eastern Europe and many parts of Western Europe (although it not seen in some countries here).

It is however seen at its worst in Hinud and Muslim communities across South Asia and Indonesia though.

Actually, every single culture in the world has a deep tradition of Jadu (kala) - and rightly being extremely paranoid of it. In fact, I recall hearing that there was a killing spree (witch hunt) in Western Africa a few weeks ago due to this very paranoia. Catholic witch hunts in Europe and the infamous ones in America occured due to paranoia.

Jadu is still rampant in Russia, Central Asia, Australaisa, Africa, Americas, Eastern Europe and many parts of Western Europe (although it not seen in some countries here).

It is however seen at its worst in Hinud and Muslim communities across South Asia and Indonesia though.

Yep. Pretty much every culture except the modern West has a belief in witchcraft. The real thing is quite rare though, and many take advantage of this belief in witchcraft for their own nefarious ends. In fact, in the last few days the Spanish authorities arrested a Nigerian people-trafficking gang who were using the threat of magical punishment to prevent the women they were selling into prostitution from escaping. See here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8063205.stm

In the majority of cases, it's the belief in witchcraft which causes the victim to expire rather than any real power that the witch claims to have. One might run into a real witch one day, but one may also be struck by lightning - neither are really worth worrying about, and in the case of the former, one's disbelief in witchcraft may actually act as a form of protection.

In the case of the real thing, there is the Baba Wadbhag Singh Dera (after you've ruled out organic and psychiatric causes).

K.

• 3 weeks later...