Book Recommendations

Great recommendation Ishvar Singh, better still - read Tecumsehs biography - there is no need for fiction - his actual life story in factual form is mind blowing.

I will post the author of the book I have at home later.

I have also found Napoleons biography to be a hugely inspirational read - in terms of his leadership, political, artistic and religious contributions and thoughts.

Read anything by Che Guevera. Esp Motorcycle diaries, Guerilla Warfare, Bolivian Diaries (written just before he was killed)

Animal Farm - George Orwell (Explains why movements go wrong using animal analogy, must read!)

Papillon - Henri Charrière

Classics:

To kill a mockingbird

This link will take you to reviews of various Sikh related books:

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikhism-book-reviews/

Read any biographies of Sir Ernst Shackleton or the memoirs written by himself and his collegues on their journey to the South Pole.

he has been described as "The greatest Leader to have walked this Earth". Simply inspirational stuff. Having not just survived but thrived when marooned in Antartica. With no hope of rescue they managed to stay alive for almost 2 years. One of his men even stated that it was the happiest time of his life!

Chronicles of Narnia

The last book of the series has what I consider the most beautiful description of heaven that I have ever read!

Way Of The Superior Man by David Dieda

Its about a man being a Man. Contains themes of strong sexual nature! Not for those who want view all as a Bhaji/Bhenji relationship. I'll leave it at that. ;)

Meditations by that Roman general. Traetise on a soldier's/warriors way of life. Just cant remember his name now. doh!

Read any biography on Myamoto Mushasi or his granth called Book Of Five Rings. He is considered to be the greatest Japanese swordsman ever.

Oh my God! another sikh chronicles of narnia fan! *faints* My favourites have always been the last, but above all the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I could never ever get tired of reading that.

I tend to try to stick to sikhi books these days, but if u do read, then the Five People you Meet in Heaven (Mitch Alborn) is a great book.

An Inspector Calls, J.B Priestly, its written as a play but its still a good read.

Better Day Coming, Adam Fairclough (very inspiring book about the work of African Americans against the discrimination they have faced over so many hundreds of years)

Hagakure - how to be a samurai warrior

48 laws of power - rajneeti, how to prevent someone from taking advantage etc. a must read in this day and age.

How to make friends and influence people - multi million copy bestseller on how to effectively communicate with people and make friends.

http://www.minezone.org/wiki/MVance/BookNotes - summaries on numerous books.

The Hobbit by Tolkien - chock full of hobbity goodness

The Power of Now

Stillness Speaks

A New World

by Eckhart Tolle

Fantastic books!!

Read A New World. It was awesome!

JustMe

loads of my friends have raved about Eckart Tolle's New World.

Initially I thoght it was Scientology stuff and avoided even considering it.

Could you give a brief summary of it - may even pick up a copy someday to read!

Now that Xylitol has let the cat out of the bag and recommended the real power books (48 laws); to all those who want to usurp my atempts at gaining worl power here are a few more for you, all in Angrezi:

Any other books by author of 48 Laws of Power

Arthshastra

Chanakya's Raj-Niti

The Prince by Nicoilloi Macheavelli - small book but heavy reading

Thick Face, Black Heart. (read the original) borrows heavilly from the Dharamic beliefs.

Go on read 'em all and try and seize my power if you can!!!

Also Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. I recommend you read it aloud to get the full flavour.

JustMe

loads of my friends have raved about Eckart Tolle's New World.

Initially I thoght it was Scientology stuff and avoided even considering it.

Could you give a brief summary of it - may even pick up a copy someday to read!

I havent read New World yet and i decided to re-read the Power of Now and have just finished Stillness Speaks, I will not describe them as, with anything you read, the experiences these books take you through, is simply beyond words, and my thoughts and views, are mines, and may dampen the experience you will have of reading this book. It is best, as described by the Author, to use the words the author uses as mere pointers and observe how you feel when you are reading, It took me 4 months to read the book in its entirety due its profound effect, but in a nutshell, this book has nailed what duality and ego truly is, in a simple way and ways to accept it and go beyond it, I feel to truly appreciate the New World series by Tolle, one must definatly read The Power of Now first...................you will appreciate it much more..........

Would definatly reccomend reading these books.............this guy has nailed some of the most fundamental concepts of Sikhi.

:)