Why Did God Create The World & People ? (sikh View)

Well It has never made any sense to me create a set of beings, most of whom will inevitably suffer in this life and then throughreincarnation or hell. Paradise/heaven/Nirvana/Sachkhand does not seem to justify this at all nor does it answer the whole point of existence in the first place (maybe thats because of my limited knowledge) So why did God create us?

It's all Vahiguroo's tamasha. Vahiguroo created upadhi between atma and paratma by creating jiv, jiv's antish karan and maya/sargun parsara. I think all this came along as soon as this sargun parsara was created automatically by furna of nirgun parbhram. I think its peaceful to know unlike western philosphy, eastern dharam philosphy beleives regardless if this jiva is pauni or paapi, at one point upon maha parloa where sargun parsara will merge back in nirgun parbhram all the jiv regardless pouni or paapi will be jevan mukht and merge back in to nirgun as well instead of western philosphy beleif of getting annihalted by evil(satan).

My meagre understanding is that it's God's play (tamasha) as N30 said.

And like Kam said, only He knows for sure.

Reading the mind of God is like eating iron, upside down in ice cold water with no oxygen tank.

Yet I know my analogy is totally inadequete, as I know such a thing is completely possible compared to knowing His mind!

what is Brahmas role in this? As an avtar, Brahma is known as creator, are we to consider parbrahm as brahma. And how about Vishkarma avtar.

can it not be considered that brahma is a tool that created the creation. all the while realizing that brahma was created by the One Lord?

As japji Sahib says:

ਏਕਾ ਮਾਈ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਵਿਆਈ ਤਿਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਪਰਵਾਣੁ ॥

Ėkā mā▫ī jugaṯ vi▫ā▫ī ṯin cẖele parvāṇ.

The One Divine Mother conceived and gave birth to the three deities.

ਇਕੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਭੰਡਾਰੀ ਇਕੁ ਲਾਏ ਦੀਬਾਣੁ ॥

Ik sansārī ik bẖandārī ik lā▫e ḏībāṇ.

One, the Creator of the World; One, the Sustainer; and One, the Destroyer.

ਜਿਵ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਚਲਾਵੈ ਜਿਵ ਹੋਵੈ ਫੁਰਮਾਣੁ ॥

Jiv ṯis bẖāvai ṯivai cẖalāvai jiv hovai furmāṇ.

He makes things happen according to the Pleasure of His Will. Such is His Celestial Order.

hir ismrin DwrI sB Drnw ]

har simran Dhaaree sabh Dharnaa.

For the remembrance of the Lord, the whole world was established.

ismir ismir hir kwrn krnw ]

simar simar har kaaran karnaa.

Remember, remember in meditation the Lord, the Creator, the Cause of causes.

hir ismrin kIE sgl Akwrw ]

har simran kee-o sagal akaaraa.

For the remembrance of the Lord, He created the whole creation.

hir ismrn mih Awip inrMkwrw ]

har simran meh aap nirankaaraa.

In the remembrance of the Lord, He Himself is Formless.

he created to world for the beauty of simply BEING in remembrance of Him................:)

God, creator, created and life is beyond meaning to give it a meaning you’ve restricted the vastness and infinite quality. We only comprehend the small morsels of infinite Pratama within our intellectual capacity. Accumulative knowledge and prayer amass is not about spirituality. Spirituality it is about experience with creator and all creation via the route of life. ;)