Promotion Of Worshiping Wooden Shoes Among Sikhs

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all!

Did Guru Naanak Dev Jee promote worship of wooden shoes?

Should Sikhs renew it if this wisdom is lost?

Please click the following link to listen.

worship_of_wooden_shoes.mp3

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh,

I think you have misunderstood. He is just telling how muslims at Mecca became such great devotees of Guru Nanak that they asked for his khadava , for worshipping them. This is all a play of love, humbleness and humility. This shows the love those Muslims had for Guru Nanak. It doesnt necessarily means an instruction for us. And I also feel some sarcasm in your question.

Now back to your question:

You asked if we should start worshipping Guru ji's sandals since it seems like a good idea?

Let me give you a scenario :

You have Guru Nanak sitting on a bed in one room

and You have his sandals at some other place ?

Who would you go to see and whom would you worship ?

I think I would go for Guru Nanak. Since we all have Guru Nanak we dont have to go to Mecca to start worshipping his Sandals.

And who is Guru Nanak? Guru Granth Sahib is Guru Nanak Himself, we attach with Him not with his possessions.

Nevertheless, I must also say that such objects or points of devotions like Sandals, Shasters of Gurus , their clothings and other belongings serve as a means of channeling one's love and devotion, and eventually meeting the Owner of these possessions.

SATSRIAKAL

GURBARAKAL

Balbir SIngh you have no idea on Sikhism do you? Sometimes i wonder why you come to this forum? Do you have no prominant saints you can actually gain some advice from? The sandals were kept as a token of devotion and rememberance. The Gurus left many items with many sevaks during their life to remember them. A prime example is the Shastars given to Mata Sahib Kaur by Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Ji.

One thing i will say is the items associated to the Gurus are blessed and worthy of worship, not as a deity but to remember the wonderful message spread by the Guru. The dust from the feet of the Guru and saints is asked for and requested by the gursikhs. An example of the dust from the saints is recited daily through the last line of the kirtn sohila. From the items associated with the Guru, the Guru themselves and the saints this dust can be gained.

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee!

Quote "He is just telling how muslims at Mecca became such great devotees of Guru Nanak that they asked for his khadava , for worshipping them."

I thought Muslims do not worship sculptures or symbols.

In one line you wrote "we attach with Him not with his possessions." In the next line you wrote "Nevertheless, I must also say that such objects or points of devotions like Sandals, Shasters of Gurus , their clothings and other belongings serve as a means of channeling one's love and devotion, and eventually meeting the Owner of these possessions."

What should Sikhs do now? Should they attach with Guru Naanak, his possessions or Nirankaar?

Quote from Kam1825 Jee "The Gurus left many items with many sevaks during their life to remember them."

I am looking forward to meeting someone whom Gurus left with Naam.

Have I understood it correctly? Sikhs should promote worship of wooden slippers even if Muslims do not return those.

Balbir Singh

What should Sikhs do now? Should they attach with Guru Naanak, his possessions or Nirankaar?

Balbir Singh

Sikhs attach with Guru Naanak ( Nirankar and Guru Nanak are the same) and naturally show devotion even for his sandals out of immense love.

I fail to understand your question of promotion ...?

If I loved someone I would not only worship my loved one but also hold the object that reminds me of my loved on in high regard.

Game of love cannot be explained with human logic, and its futile to even talk about it, just have to engage in it.

Quote "He is just telling how muslims at Mecca became such great devotees of Guru Nanak that they asked for his khadava , for worshipping them."

I thought Muslims do not worship sculptures or symbols.

Balbir Singh

I also thought non Muslim couldn't enter Mecca.

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee!

Quote "Sikhs attach with Guru Naanak ( Nirankar and Guru Nanak are the same)"

Nirankaar took birth as Guru Naanak. Is it right?

Quote " . . . and naturally show devotion even for his sandals out of immense love."

Why only sandals, where are other things from Him?

Quote "I fail to understand your question of promotion ...?"

I try it again. Should more Sikhs get training to worship sandals followed by devotion and love?

Quote "Game of love cannot be explained with human logic, . . ."

You may be right. First mind should stop working.

Quote "If I loved someone I would not only worship my loved one but also hold the object that reminds me of my loved on in high regard."

I am not sure if it is always true. The other day a friend was complaining. He loves his wife. But he does not love her when she comes on bed wearing sandals. Loving two at the same time is not possible.

Also, I couldn't find the meaning of the word kausi in Mahaankosh. Is this word available in the dictionary of love?

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh, you have some screws loose.

Nobody is saying to pray to shoes, but we respect everything that belonged to Guru Sahib. Dhan dhan are the shoes that Guru Ji wore.

I don't think you understand what true prem is. Do you have any photos of your children/parents etc?

Quote "Sikhs attach with Guru Naanak ( Nirankar and Guru Nanak are the same)"

Nirankaar took birth as Guru Naanak. Is it right?

yes

Quote " . . . and naturally show devotion even for his sandals out of immense love."

Why only sandals, where are other things from Him?

Who said only sandals?

Quote "I fail to understand your question of promotion ...?"

I try it again. Should more Sikhs get training to worship sandals followed by devotion and love?

No one is worshipping sandals, the point everyone is trying to make is that these specific sandals that you brought up are poojneek because they belonged to Guru Sahib.

Quote "If I loved someone I would not only worship my loved one but also hold the object that reminds me of my loved on in high regard."

I am not sure if it is always true. The other day a friend was complaining. He loves his wife. But he does not love her when she comes on bed wearing sandals. Loving two at the same time is not possible.

It's not about the bloody sandals, and even if wearing sandals in bed annoyed him this doesn't imply a lack of love. If she were dead, her sandals would remind him of her i.e. they will start simran of her in his mind - being reminded of Guru Sahib by his sandals is also simran, this is what makes them poojneek.

Dear all and Matheen Jee!

Quote "Nobody is saying to pray to shoes,"

But Baabaa Jee in his discourse is trying to sing. Guru Naanak Dev Jee ne khaRaavaN dee pooja karaaee. Why?

Should this Baabaa not preach to imitate Gurdev?

Quote " . . . but we respect everything that belonged to Guru Sahib. Dhan dhan are the shoes that Guru Ji wore."

From my childhood I was amazed by the Charan-DhooR of the Guru. But I never heard the chamatkaars of His Charan-Sandals.

Quote "I don't think you understand what true prem is."

Matheen Jee, lovers feel this is the faculty of heart.

Dear Cul Jee, I appreciate your respect for Gurdev. I am not pleading to disrespect Guru's imaginative Sandals.

What I want to know is this. Does Sikhism allows worshiping Sandals of anybody?

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Silence Jee!

Respect is a step toward worship. Worship without respect is not possible.

Some respect and worship slippers. They reason. God prevails in everything.

These folk exist. Their preachers maintain a seat fixed on stages in Gurdwaras.

Balbir Singh

"Do you have any photos of your children/parents etc?"

C'mon, we all know what Balbir Singh Jeeo has pictures of...

Shaheediyan Jee, it is a nice picture from your collection.

May I ask when a mango will be put in your mouth?

Balbir Singh

PS: Have you anything to say about the main topic?

"PS: Have you anything to say about the main topic?"

---"Did Guru Naanak Dev Jee promote worship of wooden shoes?"---

No, they did not.

"May I ask when a mango will be put in your mouth?"

Literally, will have a mango lassi later today.

Spiritually, when the mangovalla decides...

What is the point of this thread anymore as the creator of the thread does not seem to understand anything being put to him

~Mods i know you dont like to close threads but can we do so on certain conditions that some threads just waste our time and dispel logic

Life is surely improved by watching own mistakes, not others.

Fateh!

So follow your own advice and quit making these ridiculous threads about how no one one but you has the Real One True Mango.

I second the motion to close this thread down. It seems to be entirely obvious that everyone on this forum but Balbir Singh understands that no one is promoting the worshipping of wooden shoes.

K.

Your Baabaa Jee is promoting the worshipping of wooden shoes.

I am suggesting. Do not promote such Baabaas.

Admin Note: Balbir Singh, this thread is closed as we feel there is already sufficient response given to your doubts. Please refrain from going around in circles next time.