Niddar Singh Gone International

amardeep

my bad about the bandar chaal statement, was seriously unsure of what it was called. that came across as a bit too crude of a guess, my apologies

nirankari bani: i guess niddar was able to do away with the threat quick enough? or maybe the guy with the gun was scared to pull the trigger, plenty of other potential explanations

has anyone asked niddar about it himself?

i heard in an interview of niddar himself about the gun incident. he did his bandar chaal and disarmed the guy or something, but the incident is legit. lol u guys just ask him about it

i'll try and find the interview

dont you dare disrespect the pentras!!!!

that was before the hazoor shaib incident ask him yourself about it.

as i said b4, i didnt mean any intentional disrespect. knew it had something to do with a monkey form, and made a wild guess about it. my apologies for not having looked it up so i could be sure

how the hell do i ask him about it? i was just suggesting that one of his students ask him, they have better access to him. wasn't throwing out a challenge or anything. u've confirmed yourself that the incident happened though, so all good

Edited by Laadli Fauj

So let me share my own personal story here,

I was told that a camp for learning the 'true' shastarvidiya was going to be conducted in 2005/2006 (summer time). I was told there was a baba 'gian'/'giana' singh who was going to teach. He was supposedly 96 the first time his name was brought forth, then he was 85 the second time.

He apparently carried around a big axe and did das granthi as part of his nitnem and was very chardikallah. I went through a few personal issues and I ended up in India later that year. I asked around about gian singh/giana singh.

On that trip, I met a friend of Niddar Singh to whom I posed the question about this baba.

Well,news travels fast, and Niddar Singh found this singh and had a discussion with him and he said there was overlap in some basic pentray's but nothing beyond the first 2. Further, this singh did not know about battle strategies and formations, which rendered his vidiya incomplete.

Now, I am watching this space and would like to see some more information the 25 singhs (by all means, they should have enough power to take over all the takhats, clean house of gatka and re-establish a lost tradition)....please share.

http://kamalroopsingh.blogspot.com/2009/11/baba-giana-singh-shastarvidiya.html

Baki Rabh jaane.

A few weeks ago he was a student of Baba Gyana Singh "Rabb Ji" and a Gurbhai of Baba Katapa Singh, and also there was 25 singhs which Baba Gian Singh who he had passed the vidiya onto.

According to Kamalroops blog, he has now learnt from Baba Gurbachan Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale, and has now taught the vidiya onto 17 people.

Did the other 8 Singhs go gupt? Did Baba Gyan Singh learn from a number of teachers? Or have the people who have made up these stories around Baba Gian Singh forgot what they said a few weeks ago? Make your minds up.

Edited by Maha Singh

A few weeks ago he was a student of Baba Gyana Singh "Rabb Ji" and a Gurbhai of Baba Katapa Singh, and also there was 25 singhs which Baba Gian Singh who he had passed the vidiya onto.

According to Kamalroops blog, he has now learnt from Baba Gurbachan Singh Khalsa Bhindrawale,......

His Shastervidiya teacher was indeed Baba Gyana Singh Ji, but his Gurbani Santhiya / Gurmat vidiya teacher was Sant Ji. The tradition of Nihang Singhs learning santhiya etc from one of the Taksals is a long one.

To be honest Singh, the best thing to do is go and speak to Baba Ji yourself. I'm going to do the same!

I also forgot to mention that a professor I had met in India has seen Baba Gyana Singh in his youth as baba gyana singh spent his time travelling (either by foot or bus....no audi')looking at different pothi's and comparing the text. This prof. mentioned how baba gyana singh was such a sevak that he wouldn't take money for teaching the vidiya and in the mid 50's he was being offered 20 rupees a day. Many of our current gatka ustads definitely learnt pentray from him, but as we all know, economic circumstances/being uprooted from eastern punjab/adapting to the new way in the new India left little room for serious cultivation.