Paath Causing Karmic Backlash?

Fateh!

There is a friend of the family who was asked to do Mul Mantra chalisa (125,000 Mul Mantra in 40 days) by Giani Thakur Singh when Giani Ji was visiting the UK. The person involved has been doing 32 malay per day and has experienced a lot of chaos manifest in their lives. When this person consulted Giani Thakur Singh, he described this chaos as old karma being brought up abd burned away due to the power of the tapas.

Has anyone else here heard of such a thing? I'm not sure that it is not just pure bad luck. It seems an odd idea to me that more bhagti would somehow equate to more suffering.

Your advice would be much appreciated, sangat jio.

Regards,

K.

(PS. No, I'm not talking about myself. I'm not blessed enough with the time or the piar or discipline to do more than the bare minimum most days.)

Has anyone else here heard of such a thing?

Yes, sometimes it's a test, other times there are forces trying to stop you doing the paath e.g. if blackmagic has been used against you etc, and sometimes it's for the reason Gyani Ji gave - your friend should understand that even though things may appear bad, they would be much worse without the paath. The fal of old karams must be borne but Guru sahib reduces this for his Sikhs e.g. changing an execution to a small wound etc. Also, one effect of doing jaaps is that karams that would take lifetimes to be worked out are sorted out in this janam.

He/she must stay strong and Guru Ji will help.

Edited by Matheen

I believe chalisa can be tough to complete.

There is a shabad in Gurbani which mentions the three characteristics of Kalyug, one of this characteristic is that Kalyug doesn't let one's penance or tapa to finish successfully.

Whatever the reason, your friend will reap huge benefits when its done completely with Gurparsad!

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

You wrote "There is a friend of the family who was asked to do Mul Mantra chalisa (125,000 Mul Mantra in 40 days) by Giani Thakur Singh when Giani Ji was visiting the UK."

The true Gurus say that God as Ananda is not received by counting.

Quote " . . . It seems an odd idea to me that more bhagti would somehow equate to more suffering."

But all true Bhagats are singing Ananda in total bliss. It seems they have no time for suffering.

Balbir Singh

Quote " . . . It seems an odd idea to me that more bhagti would somehow equate to more suffering."

But all true Bhagats are singing Ananda in total bliss. It seems they have no time for suffering.

Balbir Singh

Fateh!

You're talking about the goal, I am talking about how to get there. Some people have to travel a greater distance to meet The Mangowala than others, yet we all have to undertake the journey, unless one is the Mangowala Himself.

Regards,

K.

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

Quote "You're talking about the goal, I am talking about how to get there."

I feel somebody has adopted a way through that he has achieved sufferings.

The reverend Gurus sing that on the right path all sufferings vanish.

Did the true Gurus ever say that old sufferings sprout when one is doing true Naam Simran?

Quote "Some people have to travel a greater distance to meet The Mangowala than others,"

Sure. But the right direction toward Mangowala should be told first.

Quote "yet we all have to undertake the journey, unless one is the Mangowala Himself."

I wish you best of luck reaching the Mango garden.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

You wrote "There is a friend of the family who was asked to do Mul Mantra chalisa (125,000 Mul Mantra in 40 days) by Giani Thakur Singh when Giani Ji was visiting the UK."

The true Gurus say that God as Ananda is not received by counting.

Balbir Singh

Balbir Singh,

Everyone has to start from somewhere, whether it starts with counting or without, in the end goal is the same, and we all know the right direction, methods may differ,

We cant be bhagats just by birth, people start from somewhere, since we are not bhagats we cannot achieve anand just yet.

It seems to me that you are more talk than action.

If you have had the company of mahapurakhs they tell their devotees to start with counting, and Guru instructs us to listen to advice of such mahapurakhs.

But then again why am I telling you this.

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

Quote "You're talking about the goal, I am talking about how to get there."

I feel somebody has adopted a way through that he has achieved sufferings.

The reverend Gurus sing that on the right path all sufferings vanish.

Did the true Gurus ever say that old sufferings sprout when one is doing true Naam Simran?

Quote "Some people have to travel a greater distance to meet The Mangowala than others,"

Sure. But the right direction toward Mangowala should be told first.

Quote "yet we all have to undertake the journey, unless one is the Mangowala Himself."

I wish you best of luck reaching the Mango garden.

Balbir Singh

Fateh!

OK, enough of your horseshit. Your obsession with mangoes was amusing at first, but your egotistical crap about being the only one who knows the true direction or your boasting about having obtained the "true" naam simran is beginning to grate on my nerves.

I'm afraid, Balbir Singh, that you are so deluded that you actually feel that following your advice of sitting on one's ass and waiting for mangoes to drop out of the sky is egotistical nonsense and has nothing to do with Sikhi. The Gurus state that pranayam, yoga, concentration on one point, stilling your mind, or doing countless jap is not enough alone to achive mukhti - this only comes through Gurprasad. However, that does not mean that you do nothing and gurprasad will naturally follow because, like the maybelline adverts say, you're worth it.

Sikhi is not a Semitic religion like Christianity where one only has to ignore all reason and logic and simply convince oneself that some dead man on a stick or some bearded old man in the sky is going to be pleased with you enough that he will let you enter heaven.

All Bhagats had to work for their mukti. Read the biography of any mahan Gursiikh or any Mahapurush - or any spiritually alive human in any religion for that matter, even the Semitic ones - and you will see that they all had to put in the work before their immense bhagti bore fruit and their naam simran began spontaneously forever.

You remind me of the many people who walk into an MMA class having read a few books on "pressure points" and have become so deluded that they feel that they do not have to work out or develop any skills through blood and sweat. In the end, they all get the crap kicked out of them. Alas, where it concerns spiritual matters, the real ass-kicking only happens at the point of death, and by that point it is too late.

Suffering is part of living, Singh; if this were not the case, there would be no incentive, and no need for the Gurus to point out the path to liberation, because mangoes would just spntaneously fall from the skies. The question was whether bhagti can bring about relase of karam before they are due, but you are obviously too ignorant and egotistical to believe that suffering even exists for such a great man as yourself.

Now go eat whatever genetically modified tasteless fruit you've been chewing on all these years and leave the rest of us to learn real Sikhi.

Regards,

K.

Fateh!

To every one else:

Firstly, thanks for your responses, they have been most helpful.

The auntie ji in question is still in chardikala, but it is mostly her family that appears to be going through some turmoil (which is naturally affecting her). Further conversation with Giani Thakur Singh shed a bit more light on the situation. The explanation was that karams in families are intertwined though usually they are not very obviously affected by bhagti done by a family member, but doing concentrated bhagti can grant blessings even to the family members of a devotee by burning away their karams. This appears as suffering because humans are so short-sighted and cannot see past their current existence, but what appears as a curse to a moorakh like me is a blessing from Guru Ji to those concerned.

It was an interesting explanation from Giani Ji, though I confess it's made me a little wary of doing Mul Mantra chalisa without guidance or blessing from a Mahapurush first.

Regards,

K.

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee!

You wrote "We cant be bhagats just by birth, people start from somewhere,"

Please let the true Naam Jap start any time any where but not with counting in mind.

Also, true Jap is not counting a Hymn.

Quote "If you have had the company of mahapurakhs they tell their devotees to start with counting, and Guru instructs us to listen to advice of such mahapurakhs."

Did any of the reverend Gurus tell their devotees to do Naam Jap with counting? Please provide a reference and oblige if you feel this is right.

Kaljug Jee,

Suppose someone visits you on a day when sun is shining. He suggests you to believe him that sun is shining. Will you start believing him because you received truth through him? Or it is your experience that plays role?

Please do not try to convince me. I am already a confirmed Sikh.

Sikhs with Gur are Gursikhs. They do not follow instructions from others which the true Gurus have never suggested.

Balbir Singh

Kaljug Jee,

Suppose someone visits you on a day when sun is shining. He suggests you to believe him that sun is shining. Will you start believing him because you received truth through him? Or it is your experience that plays role?

Please do not try to convince me. I am already a confirmed Sikh.

Sikhs with Gur are Gursikhs. They do not follow instructions from others which the true Gurus have never suggested.

Sorry mate, but you are just sitting in cave with a little candle of your own imagining that it is the sun.

No, I don't expect you to follow any instructions - your ego forbids it.

Regards,

K.

Edited by Kaljug

The Guru says pleasure and pain are the same, unless the dude accepts the 'pain' first he will never understand it.

Someone that did little paat has been inspired to do undertake an intense increase in their bhagti and you, idiot that you are, find cause to complain about the number.

Until you have the understanding and natural dedication to bhagti working with set goals is a great way to push yourself, just like with any endeavour.

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

At least try to answer my questions.

Cul Jee,

You wrote "Someone that did little paat has been inspired to do undertake an intense increase in their bhagti . . ."

Reverend Gurus never suggested doing Paath, i.e., reading or reciting their Hymns while counting.

After how many sufferings, people will realize that they are following fake preachers.

On the names of Gurus these preachers have not sold only their own souls.

Balbir Singh

Dear all and Kaljug Jee!

At least try to answer my questions.

Cul Jee,

You wrote "Someone that did little paat has been inspired to do undertake an intense increase in their bhagti . . ."

Reverend Gurus never suggested doing Paath, i.e., reading or reciting their Hymns while counting.

After how many sufferings, people will realize that they are following fake preachers.

On the names of Gurus these preachers have not sold only their own souls.

Balbir Singh

LOL

Would you prefer it if I answered your question in the kind of doggerel verse that you write on your website?

http://www.saysatsriakal.com/index2.htm

It's become clear from your website that you are just another lonely and useless idiot who wants to become a gooroo in his own right. I am not going to refer to you as Singh anymore because you are nothing of the sort. I suspected you were probably a cult figure of some kind from your incoherent ramblings, the laziness of the spirituality you advertise here, and the empty promises of eternal happiness through following your bullshit.

Singho, the first sign of an egotistical non-entity desperate to be a Sikh gooroo is this: they reject all of the sampardaic teachings, they demean all the scholars of the panth, they do not want you to work for your own mukti (you just have to believe in them), they believe that everyone else is wrong and they alone understand what Gurbani really means, they claim that all other Sikhs are just following empty religious rituals, they redefine words so that they do not actually have to work (i.e., amritvela is whenever bani is read - so you can wake up at 12pm on a weekday and still convince the followers that you are really, really spiritual). You can find all of these signs on this fool's website. He has even blessed us with samples of his inanity read in his croaky voice.

Bally, my loonytoon friend, I wish I could be to see the look on your face when you are at death's door and realise that your delusions and your candle will not protect you from Kal. :-D

Regards,

K.

Kaljug Jee,

Is it really difficult to accept that you could not find one reference from the reverend Gurus suggesting reading Paath while counting.

Many fake Baabaas have made life earnings by suggesting reading Paaths while counting those.

Balbir Singh

Guru Nanak Dev ji instructs us to repeat name of the Lord , lakhs of times, eventually after repeating and repeating it multiplies, then a person repeats this Naam 24/7, its a state that Guru ji has described which only makapurakhs can understand who have done the same.

Hint , its in Japuji Sahib , I am sure you can find it.

Kaljug Jee,

Is it really difficult to accept that you could not find one reference from the reverend Gurus suggesting reading Paath while counting.

Morning!

Hey man, I'm not your chela, you can't expect me to do your work for you. ;-) But, since sharing is caring, see here for simran (repition of naam or bani) in gurbani:

http://sikhismgurbani.com/images/SikhismG/...0-%20semran.pdf

Here's a chapter on amritvela being the early hours of the morning (hupefully your chelay will read this and force you to wake up early):

http://sikhismgurbani.com/images/SikhismG/...ran%20vayla.pdf

Many fake Baabaas have made life earnings by suggesting reading Paaths while counting those.

Yeah, it must really smart that you cannot be one of them due to there being so many of them. Ah well, not to worry, I am sure you will find your niche. You've got all the triteness and the hallmark card spirituality to be a gooroo, but you need to work on the images. Modern day advertising is all about the photos because people don't have the time to read your work to know if you're the real thing. May I suggest a couple of airbrushed photographs, a little foundation for glowing skin and some eyedrops to give your eyes that sparkling fresh look. Don't forget to get your teeth done - nothing says spirituality like a set of gleaming pearlescent teeth!

Let me know if you need any help with the marketing of your brand.

Regards,

K.

Dear all and Ragmaala Jee!

You wrote "Guru Nanak Dev ji instructs us to repeat name of the Lord , lakhs of times, eventually after repeating and repeating it multiplies,"

Guru Naanak Dev Jee is singing in ecstasy. He is saying One Naam Jagdeesh with awareness.

He has never suggested repeating the Hymn that your Baabaas call Mool Mantra for 125,000 times in forty days.

Quote "And by the way , why was a mala kept by Guru Arjun Dev ji , if it wasn't meant to show something to Sikhs, ?"

God has left that earthy body once called Guru Arjan Dev Jee long back. Strange, some are stuck up with the Maalaa claiming, He used it.

Quote "Obviously the mala wasn't for show , it was to be used for counting."

Are you sure He was counting Naam and needed help of a Maalaa?

Quote "Historically, this is the same mala that was found in Chandu's house."

He must be very rich with Naam who possesses this Maalaa now. What is about others who are not having this Maalaa?

Balbir Singh