Ramadan

tonyhp32

http://business.maktoob.com/20090000366234/People_caught_eating_during_Ramadan_face_jail/Article.htm

People caught eating during Ramadan face jail

Aug 19, 2009 at 12:56

People caught eating in the day during Ramadan will be jailed, Dubai Police warned on Wednesday, and called on members of the public to report anyone seen breaking the fast before sundown.

"We call on people to help us by reporting anyone they see breaking the fast," Khalil Ibrahim Mansouri, director general of the department of criminal investigation said in a statement.

"We ask that all people of all faiths are respectful at this important time.”

Dubai Police said people found consuming food or drink, or smoking cigarettes in public could either be jailed for up to a month or fined a maximum 2,000 dirhams ($550).

In the last three years 24 people were jailed for breaching the ban.

The police singled out sports clubs for particular attention, warning they face closure for up to a month if members are not prevented from breaking the fast.

The fast lasts from sunrise to sunset during Ramadan, which is expected to start on Thursday night.

It does take the shine of the usual Muslim propaganda about how great they feel fasting at Ramadan, if they can't even handle someone eating in front of them while they are fasting!

Btw you can't blame it on shariaism as UAE is one of the more moderate Arab states where a lot of westerners live and work!

Edited by tonyhp32

"It does take the shine of the usual Muslim propaganda about how great they feel fasting at Ramadan, if they can't even handle someone eating in front of them while they are fasting!"

Are you for real?

I have worked with many Muslims (you know, the educated variety which seemed to have slipped your net), who have insisted I eat lunch around them, even though I offered to go and eat elsewhere out of respect.

And from personal experience - All Muslims I have known are estatic at the end of their fast - the celebrations are actually beautiful - and I am not talking about the pathetic numskull Sikh Vs Muslim - Vasakhi Vs Eid - Flying the Chanda out of your car, blasting your car hifi stupidity.

If fasting helps Muslims think about the unforunate (in this limited/partial experience) and realise how blessed they are, and that they should perform charity, why does that rock your cradle..

Seriously, is there anything else in your life except for slandering Muslims...?

Maybe take up kirtan?

Shaheediyan,

You really do live your life wearing rose tinted specs! Why is it that I am not surprised that you offer to eat your food away from fasting Muslims out of 'respect' I suppose these Muslims also reciprocate by offering not to eat Halal meat around you? If you have this mentality of showing 'respect' which in fact is a form of dhimmitude (look this up as you are an ideal dhimmi) then I am sorry but no one can help you from your self imposed stupor.

Fasting helps Muslims think about the unfortunate? Another Muslim propaganda piece. You really seem to be a sponge ready to absorb any Muslim propaganda they throw out at you. Did you know that on average Muslims GAIN weight during Ramadan? How's that for 'thinking' about all the starving around the world?

I am sorry but I don't share your enthuasm about a group who change their eating habits (gorge themselves before and after sunset rather than during the day) for a month and think this is such a great experience.

Edited by tonyhp32

Wow, what a example of humanity you are... it was people like you that literally arrested that pure manifestion of Gurus teachings - Bhai Ghanaiya Ji - and took him to Dasmesh Pitas Dargah for his betrayal in helping the enemy 'Turks'.

Its you who is educated with 'propaganda' my friend, not me.

Like I said, take a up real and productive Sikh pass time like kirtan, and learn and feel something of our Gurus teachings.

ਅਗਿਆਨੀ ਮਾਨੁਖੁ ਭਇਆ ਜੋ ਨਾਹੀ ਸੋ ਲੋਰੈ ॥

You Sir are a dhimmi par excellence. There's no use hiding your trueself. What kind of muppet goes around restricting his daily activities so as to show respect to a people who hate him 'for the sake of Allah'! Myself I don't restrict my daily activities so as to give someone a power trip. Will you be 'fasting' or should I say changing your eating habits so as to show how much respect you have for Islam? It wouldn't surprise me in the very least and given your advice to me to start learning Kirtan maybe you yourself should stop watching such propaganda channels as Ahlubayt and do something productive with your time!

How is me eating somewhere different restricting my daily activities?

If you are gonna try and twist things, at least use a good example.

Propoganda channel, ok then, our friends from Mars must also be behind it. May be you should spend some time watching it too, you may actually learn something good, i.e. that isn't from a facist website.

There is nothing wrong with learning about other faiths, I enjoy learning about Indic and Semetic faiths - I focus on the beautiful, universal, mystical elements, tera ki jandaa?

Tuhaanu tuhaadi nafrat mubaarek.

"Come on man, you're the sort of person who would fast for a day to show 'understanding' for his Muslim friends!"

There is a difference between respect/tolerance and foolishness. I have my Guru to guide me, my Guru teaches me universal principles, many of which also exist within Islam and ‘Hinduism’(shock-horror).

I don’t need to ‘be a Muslim for the day’ to appreciate or understand the inner meanings of their rituals, I can simply read about them or ask a real Muslim (rather than consult facist website).

Your attitude is a disgrace to Guru Gobind Singhs colourful darbaar and his intelligent interaction with many a Muslim – you’re nothing more than Nazi Pindu. It wouldn’t surprise me if you know people or are related to people who indiscriminately hacked up Muslim men, women and children during partition, and are subconsciously justifying the actions of dear loved ones through your mythological world/religious view.

I have met people like you – both Pakistanis (Muslims) and Punjabis (Sikhs) – you all make me sick.

I would love to see you people talk or insult as you do in front of a Sant/Mahapursh (Mard), that is of course if you believe they exist. Even if Gur-Sikhs do not agree with some Islamic tenets or historic rule etc they do not insult Islam the way you people do.

Carry on living in your hate and venom, your words are simply a reflection/projection of your own personality/flaws.

If this law is a way to make sure everyone (non-muslims included) are forced to fast, that isn't right. For the person without faith, you are inadvertently forcig them to 'starve' in public.

If it applies only to muslims, then I do hope that those people who are not able to fast (as per the laws of islam) are given their rights.....

Apart from that, It really doesn't concern me....but I like 'dhimmian' over 'bandhay' because I'm siddha and not binga

drawof, kids and non-Muslims/Tourists are allowed to eat during day-lightours, but generally, not in public places. There are always Hotels/restaurants that cater for non-muslims and children during the day.

Its not really a global catastrophe - rules all depend on the country in question, some are less strict than others.

At the end of the day, as I always say to winging British Sikhs, if you don't like it, go somewhere else - otherwise actually do somethign about it - liek the original immigrants who fought for Turban rights etc - whats annoying is seeing hidden faces constantly moaning on the net.....

It depends on the country, in some places they allow non-Muslims to eat but in seclusion lest the fact that someone is not fasting cause the fasting Muslims to riot. Such is the self control of Muslims! I don't think it will take long before resturants whether Muslim or non-Muslim are forced to close during the day at Ramadan in Muslim areas of the UK. But then those who are so concerned lest a Muslim be offended by their eating in his vacinity should have no problem with that.

Just read an article claiming that construction workers ()many non-Muslim) in the UAE, like everyone else, are not allowed to drink water in public during Ramadan. This is in 45 - 47 degree heat. On some sites, at least one worker dies everyday through dehydration......

Edited by Matheen

Fateh!

Shaheediyan, tonyhp32:

You are arguing two separate points. If you have a Muslim friend and you don't sit in front of them chowing down on a bacon sandwich out of respect for their religious duties during this month it is one thing, but if you are forced to starve yourself (or even made to seclude yourself) by law during Ramadan it is an entirely different thing altogether.

Sikhi teaches respect and tolerance for all humans practising their different religions (IMO it teaches acceptance of people and not acceptance of the religions they follow), but Sikh rehat maryadas are also very forceful in their condemning the bowing of one's head to religious tyrants and in asking Sikhs not to accept their religiously intolerant laws or demands.

K

Both things are linked. One leads to the other. If you are prepared to change the way you conduct you daily activities, ie stop sitting in one place and move to another out of view of the fasting Muslim then it's not much of a leap to then allow yourself to be further secluded and eventually banned from eating just because the Muslims are fasting.

Ramadan is still going on isn't it?

I ask this because today during my lunch hour, I witnessed a fully hijab-ed Muslim female tucking into what looked like a two-piece feed from KFC (non-Halal btw).

I thought that was something interesting to share :D

Ps. She definitely looked like she was enjoying it as well. So much for the 'Month of Reflection'. :blink:

"Both things are linked. One leads to the other. If you are prepared to change the way you conduct you daily activities, ie stop sitting in one place and move to another out of view of the fasting Muslim then it's not much of a leap to then allow yourself to be further secluded and eventually banned from eating just because the Muslims are fasting"

I think its time to call in the people in the white coats, you live in a seriously fantastical world mate.

The same way I am prepared to give respect to my fellow human brothers, I am also ready to face them off if they cross respectful bounderies in my vicinity. May be its because they know this that they only ever show respect back to me.

Others of us simply cook up hatred on the internet, what brave Kharkoo warriors we are.

Have you actually ever contributed anything positive or constructive in your time on SA? Aside from your Hindu/Nihang/Islam 'o' phobias, which don't fall into the aforementioned categories...?

Seriusly Tony, you are the Sikh version of Comical Ali - Propagandist Extraordinaire..

Take that as a compliment - and guaranteed, you will have a job in the new Iraqi Government when it inevitably reverts back to a Sadam style rule! Although you will have to loose your 'Don't freak, I'm a Sikh' t-shirt.

Both things are linked. One leads to the other. If you are prepared to change the way you conduct you daily activities, ie stop sitting in one place and move to another out of view of the fasting Muslim then it's not much of a leap to then allow yourself to be further secluded and eventually banned from eating just because the Muslims are fasting.

Fateh!

I see a big difference between taking it upon yourself to suffer a minor inconvenience by eating elsewhere so as not to see someone you consider a friend suffer pangs of hunger unnecessarily and being mentally enslaved to Muslim demands.

I'd personally have no problem not eating in front of a Muslim friend in Ramadan, but the moment he starts to demand such things is the moment I chatka a boar, roast it in lard and chow down on it before him.

I believe Sikhi encourages us to show respect to followers of religions but not to the extent that they limit your freedoms or attempt to silence any criticism of their beliefs in Gurbani or as a result of one's own reading.

However, I do agree that many Sikhs have become tolerant of the intolerance of others' beliefs, even when they contradict Gurbani, due to some misguided belief that being a good Sikh involves respecting beliefs (rather than a person's right to hold these beliefs) regardless of how revolting, untrue or ridiculous.

I see it on this forum with Muslims (those out in the open and those still hiding in the closet) screaming about how we will be destroyed or go to hell because we refuse to respect the insanities of their religion and the disgusting acts of its founder. The moment that Sikhs fall in to this trap and begin to believe that criticism of the ridiculous is Islamophobia, or Hinduphobia, or [insert religious school here]-phobia, and actively prevent Sikhs from voicing their criticisms, is the day when Sikhi begins to be destroyed from the inside.

However, I trust in my Sikh brothers enough to know that this will never happen.

Regards,

K