Was This What It Was All About Really? Iraq Oil Field Auctions.

dalsingh101

Iraq in major oil field auction

The world's biggest oil companies are gathering in Baghdad to bid for the rights to develop Iraq's oil fields.

A total of 44 companies will bid for 10 fields in the second live auction to take place this year.

Eight contracts to run oil and gas fields were up for tender in June, although only one was agreed - with BP and China's CNPC.

The auction comes three days after a series of car bombings killed more than 100 people in Baghdad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8407274.stm

its scary that western politics are as corrupt and evil as those in our countries

They're just smoother with it.........

I think it goes a lot deeper than just oil. America has a military industrial complex left over from the cold war which needs war in order to survive. As time goes by we will see america harvest more of her allies or minor enemies. America also has permanent bases in the middle east which can prevent an attack from iran on israel, and help if its the other way round. A weak, corrupt, disjointed iraq actually benefits america more than a democratic, free, united iraq. Did anyone read that article in the New Statesman a few months ago about the next 50 years? It made points about where america's foreign policy will go from here. The part about Turkey uniting the muslim world was a little far-fetched though.

I think it goes a lot deeper than just oil. America has a military industrial complex left over from the cold war which needs war in order to survive. As time goes by we will see america harvest more of her allies or minor enemies. America also has permanent bases in the middle east which can prevent an attack from iran on israel, and help if its the other way round. A weak, corrupt, disjointed iraq actually benefits america more than a democratic, free, united iraq. Did anyone read that article in the New Statesman a few months ago about the next 50 years? It made points about where america's foreign policy will go from here. The part about Turkey uniting the muslim world was a little far-fetched though.

Seems like an interesting article. Can you please post the link to the article?

Enjoy:

http://www.newstatesman.com/north-america/2009/08/power-china-world-japan-poland

New Statesman has gone downhill recently thanks to a change in editorship. It provides a few decent articles every once in a while though. I jumped ship and now read the Private Eye as it at least has a sense of humour. Written media in this country is terrible.

Although I still love Private Eye, I don't think it is as witty as it used to be. It is still essential reading to detox yourself from mainstream media misinformation.

Edited by dalsingh101