other side is its self control, maintaining a

balance within its aesthetics. It is essential

to have a knowledge of ancient Indian

dhrupad style music - this will save us from

being seduced by weak and frothy music.”

Rabindranath Tagore

(translation Sangeeta Datta)

sheer poetry!!!!!!

The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.

Soren Kirkegaard

I like this.

In the ideal world, all writers would have a Catholic childhood, or belong to some other religion which does the equivalent for you. Because Catholicism tells you at a very early age the world is not what you see; that beyond everything you see, and the appearance – or the accidents as they're known – there is another reality, and it is a far more important reality. So it's like running in the imagination. I think that this was the whole point for me – that from my earliest years I believed the world to have an overt face and a hidden face, and behind every cause another cause, and behind every explanation another explanation, which is perhaps of quite a different order.

Hilary Mantel

ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥੧੯॥੬੯॥

ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥ ਤੁਹੀਂ ਤੁਹੀਂ ॥੨੦॥੭੦॥

- Pita Ji.

Yes, divine indeed. Today the whole world including our kaum chant mehi, mehi, mehi or asi, asi, asi or sada, sada, sada... Our panth has become diseased with so many divisions, jathai, sampryada all shouting these words. Amongst all the chaos exist a few rare little known reflections of Dasmesh Pita...

In memory of the amazing 5 who decided to heed the call of the true one and find life eternal, rather than die another death... Some universal wisdom:

"Cowards die many times before their deaths"

The Bard, William Shakespeare

Edited by shaheediyan

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence"

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

• 3 weeks later...
Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because one's conscience tells one that it is right." - MLK

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy

O divine Master, grant that i may not so much seek

To be consoled as to console,

To be understood as to understand,

To be loved as to love;

For it is in giving that we recieve;

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;

It is in dying to self that we are born to eternal life.

Saint Francis of Assisi

• 1 month later...

“Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.”

Thomas Henry Huxley

Edited by dalsingh101

"A popular Government without popular information nor the means of aquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy ot perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives."

James Madison

Lol @

"'Tis not too late to seek a new world... to strive, to seek, to find... and not to yield."

Khan Noonien Singh

320x240.jpg

• 4 months later...

“History, unendingly revised and reinterpreted, is seen upon examination as merely a different class of fiction; becomes hazardous if viewed as having any innate truth beyond this. Still, it is a fiction that we must inhabit. Lacking any territory that is not subjective, we can only live on the map. All that remains in question is whose map we choose, whether we live within the world’s insistent texts or else replace them with stronger language of our own.”

Alan Moore – Voice of the fire

Lastly, for readers in the so-called Third World, this study proposes itself as a step towards an understanding not so much of Western politics and on the non-Western world in those politics as of the strength of Western cultural discourse, a strength all too often mistaken as merely decorative or “superstructural.” My hope is to illustrate the formidable structure of cultural domination and, specifically for formerly colonized peoples, the dangers and temptations of employing this structure upon themselves or upon others.

Edward Said – Orientalism (Introduction)

• 1 year later...