Where On Earth Has Everyone Gone?

SURYADEV

I've noticed over the last year(s) or so that SA.com has gone very quiet. Many years ago this was a brilliantly informative forum with real spiritual/cultural discussions by serious participants. The calibre was so good that I didn't need to write a thing, just read the debates and soak up the knowledge. This was the only site I could relate to and learn real knowledge from.

Now, however, quality has gone south. There are no more spiritual postings, no more photos of rare sikhi gems, no more 'secret' sikhi being uncovered.

This forum is now on par with the likes of other mediocre sites. There are way to much postings on sikh (dirty) politics; slagging off others and general (s/)chit-chat. Most of the real knowledgeable guys seem to have just disappeared from here.

Many would respond - and maybe rightly so - why dont I do something about it. My answer: simply put, there is not much I can offer , compared to what used to be posted here.

I understand your frustrations guys..I agree with jattbot observations..will work on it to get more people on it and bring more quality posts...most of quality posters now have their blogs which they more concentrated on..understandable.

Well work on something guys...stay tuned.

Sorry for being door knob...but what is SEO?

SEO is search engine optimisation.It is must for any site to run .If you compare SPN with SA you will find SPN pages appearing on First page of google while searching sikh topics I never come across Sikhawareness appearing on first 4-5 pages of Google.

You can do SEO of your own site or you can ask companies to do it which could charge anywheree from 10$ to thousands of dollar

Yeah love to do that singh...but cannot afford 10 thosand dollars..I refuse to set up donation page too...as long maharaj gives me the seva this site will run..once maharaj takes this seva away..will find someone responsible that can take over.

Yeah love to do that singh...but cannot afford 10 thosand dollars..I refuse to set up donation page too...as long maharaj gives me the seva this site will run..once maharaj takes this seva away..will find someone responsible that can take over.

But Why no adsense.The entire internet is running om that

I've noticed over the last year(s) or so that SA.com has gone very quiet. Many years ago this was a brilliantly informative forum with real spiritual/cultural discussions by serious participants. The calibre was so good that I didn't need to write a thing, just read the debates and soak up the knowledge. This was the only site I could relate to and learn real knowledge from.

Now, however, quality has gone south. There are no more spiritual postings, no more photos of rare sikhi gems, no more 'secret' sikhi being uncovered.

This forum is now on par with the likes of other mediocre sites. There are way to much postings on sikh (dirty) politics; slagging off others and general (s/)chit-chat. Most of the real knowledgeable guys seem to have just disappeared from here.

Many would respond - and maybe rightly so - why dont I do something about it. My answer: simply put, there is not much I can offer , compared to what used to be posted here.

Jatboot,

It isn't right to expect other people to do all the running and be spoon fed (not saying you do this btw). People have to try and contribute. Plus people come and go, look at Bahadhur Ali for example.

Don't see any adverts either for the record.

Which isn't a bad thing in one way really.

are adsense those little ads that dot around the screen?

If so I think you need to be careful with them. Seen some on various sikhi sites advertising supplements to enlarge certain parts of the male body. also on one of yogi bhajans sites there was one linking to a site to prove how he was a fraud! LOL

Dalsingh, your'e right there, maybe I need to change first.

This site is actually a bit more intellectual than most Sikh ones. Maybe that contributes to the lower hits? lol

are adsense those little ads that dot around the screen?

If so I think you need to be careful with them. Seen some on various sikhi sites advertising supplements to enlarge certain parts of the male body. also on one of yogi bhajans sites there was one linking to a site to prove how he was a fraud! LOL

Dalsingh, your'e right there, maybe I need to change first.

You can manage your adsense account.they have option of what type of ads you want on Your site.If you allow all then they will allow type of ads but if you only want certain type of ads then its upto you

one poster i havent heard from for many moons is Matheen. Has he left? or is on vacation?

I have asked some people, younger sikhs if they go on any forums. what i gathered after talking to them, SA unfortunately in the wider cyber sangat is percieved as a snatan-sikh site, so some especialy younger sikhs are reluctant to join. They all run to SS.

This site is like a hidden gem. Repository of lots of good stuff as well as some of my crap. lol

This site is like a hidden gem. Repository of lots of good stuff as well as some of my crap. lol

Well said Dalsingh, on both accounts! ;)

On one hand its a good thing that this site is somewhat elite with fewer, knowledgeable and wiser members having serious discussions. On the otherhand, its the younger kids, who tend to veer towards the hotheaded sites, that we need attract here and to keep away from some of the unsavoury, if not the plain wrong stuff that is talked about on other sites.

Also because this site is hidden in bowels of the internet any prospective new 'sikh-chatters' (if you can call it that,) tend to go to the popular sites that full of tweenagers, talking of the evil that is Hinduism, what currency Khalistan should be using and why teachers dont allow them to wear a kirpan over their school uniform.

talking of the evil that is Hinduism, what currency Khalistan should be using and why teachers dont allow them to wear a kirpan over their school uniform.

Don't know what you want to save them from? Take those things away and you'll take away the foundation of what passes off as Sikhi for the masses.