What Can You Tell Me About Anhata Chakra And The Heart-Lotus?

Xylitol

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Arthur Avalon's (Sir John Woodroffe) book The Serpent Power is about kundalini/laya yoga and has an indepth description of the chakras translated from Sanskrit sources (primarily Satt Chakra Nirupana). It is, however, not a practical book nor does it relate the spiritual experiences of practitioners who have experienced the blossoming of the various chakras.

Gopi Krishna's book Kundalini: Evolutionary Energy in Man is a book about someone who was completely unprepared for his experience of raising of kundalini, but the author does not talk specifically about anahata chakra.

Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa's book Kundalini Rising has a more 3HO slant on chakras. It has lots of interesting first hand accounts of people experiencing various chakras opening and kundalini awakenings, but I found it a bit newagey for my tastes. There's some interesting philosophical tidbits in it though from Ken Wilber.

Hopefully someone will share Gurmukhi books or kathas about atamgian and how it relates to anahata in this thread.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Gopi Krishna's book Kundalini: Evolutionary Energy in Man is a book about someone who was completely unprepared for his experience of raising of kundalini, but the author does not talk specifically about anahata chakra.

K.

I've read parts of this book. I think its very good in describing the physical and psycological effects of Kundalini awakening. And how NOT to go about doing it. ie without supervision of a guru.

(I recall one part where he talks about a strange lack of emotional bond with his kids that occured over a short time. He said that as much as he tried he couldn't feel that same attachment to them that he did in the past. Was wondering if that is what it feels like when you control your Attachment to family/children/maya etc)

Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj - kal taran gur nanak aiya (bhai gurdas)

it is hard to talk about the chakars since this is a subjective experience. bani states http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=5162

The chakars are stages of prem with God which the soul atma experiences (anbau prakash)

The 7 chakars contribute to the physological(scientific) description of attaining higher consciousness.(sahaj yog. Afur samadhi-connection with God who is sat chit anad). this is the path of gurmat. They are stages or post marks on the spiritual pathway of the atma merging with parma-atma. one needs to be completely detached mentally from the goings on of society, have a strong mental/physical health. the chakars are all to do with

meditation on naam resulting in these bodily processes being active.

This process first begins with vaheguru naam simran being done slowly and you listen to the repetition with eyes closed and concentration centred and ears paying attention to simran. Slowly you thoughts process willl diminish as you continue attacking you thoughts with the sword of naam simran. This change can appear quickly in Gurmukhs who have already become very close to God - through previous gyan and seva whereby they have become purified and rid of the filth of sin.

Slowly you will notice you mind/consciousness becoming attuned to the naam simran you are doing. All thoughts will completely stop and your mind begins to find solace and stops wandering. Your breathing rate will reduce

and your body becomes more still/contented. This is the prelude to the chakars opening whereby the mool chakar is awakened bringing greater introspection. The mool chakar is located in the anus/genital region. By default the energy of this chakar is directed towards the sexual organs creating impulses of kaam. But through bhagti and Jat/Sat this energy begins to be redirected towards the higher regions of the body thus rising above the anus region and begins to awaken the next chakar - then you need to continue non stop prema bhagti resulting in feelings of bairaag.

I HAVE THIS LINK PLZ WATCH THIS VIDEO ITS ABSOLULETY EXCELLENT AT 13:00MINS

http://bollymovielinks4u.blogspot.com/2008/10/ramayan-1986-3.html

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Xylitol Jee!

You asked "What can the sangat tell me about Anhata Chakra?"

A lot is written about Chakras, also Anhat Chakra. To keep the readers moving in a never ending Chakkar many books may be published in the future also. I do not think reading about a Chakra invokes it. I have heard it becomes active and one is in wonder. He does not remember even its name or any of its properties as written in books.

Quote "And The Heart-Lotus?"

Normally the heart of a Jeev is full of mud (mal). All questions in Indian Languages begin with the letter K. We try to collect more information from the outer world to increase the amount of mud within. The lotus never blossoms out from this mud upwards. With the shower of Naam the pond (body) is filled up with Nirmal Jal and Kamal starts blossoming upward. The source of wisdom and all spiritual answers is within us all.

It does not matter if one cries 'hurrah' then loudly or this is Hari.

Quote "How can it be opened?"

True Naam does it.

Quote "Is the opening of this chakra considered the attainment of atam gian, or does that arrive later?"

Chakras and Heart-Lotus are developments realized in body and mind. Atam Gian (Realization of God within) is beyond.

Balbir Singh

• 3 weeks later...

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal!

Dear all and Jatinder Singh Jee!

All knots block in a system raising questions. Kyaa, Kee, kiyoN, Kithe, Kad, Kiddan and similar thoughts come up.

Kundalinee is a flow of energy. It is experienced moving upward at the beginning of its realization.

The source of all Godly answers is within. True Naam evokes that fountain.

Balbir Singh