Police Cow Protection Force In Panjab

dalsingh101

When we hear the phrase 'gau gareeb' are they really talking about cows or is it a metaphor for a simple minded person?

Dairy products have always made up a large part of the Indian (and Sikh diet).

A mother gives her child (flesh and blood) her milk - this is seen as one of the most beautiful acts in preservation and creating a bond known to man.

The cow gives its precious milk to us, in our beauiful Indian tradition, we give the animals due respect for this. I am not talking about worshipping, but appreciating and respecting.

As was common in Punjab, my mothers family had their own cow, it was treated with more love than anyone else in the house. It was always given the freshest kanak, grass, herbs.. always given medicine when not well etc, taken care of like a person. This was common in the Punjab. My mother had 5 siblings, the cow provided for the whole family.

Looking at Indian traditions with western goggles and no experience/understanding of the historic importance of these animals is foolish.

As has been said, all our traditional sampryadai have maintained respect for the cow - we should not dismiss this fact.

Dairy products have always made up a large part of the Indian (and Sikh diet).

A mother gives her child (flesh and blood) her milk - this is seen as one of the most beautiful acts in preservation and creating a bond known to man.

The cow gives its precious milk to us, in our beauiful Indian tradition, we give the animals due respect for this. I am not talking about worshipping, but appreciating and respecting.

As was common in Punjab, my mothers family had their own cow, it was treated with more love than anyone else in the house. It was always given the freshest kanak, grass, herbs.. always given medicine when not well etc, taken care of like a person. This was common in the Punjab. My mother had 5 siblings, the cow provided for the whole family.

Looking at Indian traditions with western goggles and no experience/understanding of the historic importance of these animals is foolish.

As has been said, all our traditional sampryadai have maintained respect for the cow - we should not dismiss this fact.

At present Buffaloes provide much more milk to Indians and particularly to North Indians ,Yet I have never seen anyone talking about Buffaloe protection movement .Anyway the question here is should Govts in India spend money on cow protection when there are 100s of other problems Related to humans?

I was going to say.

We had a buffalo back in the day. It gave the family milk. The thing was violent and ill tempered. It would only allow my nan near it. It frequently had to be subdued with a beating with a fat soti.

No one ever considered it their mother and stuff.

I agree with KDS assertion. India should focus on humans. That doesn't mean being cruel or neglectful about animals, but getting priorities right.

Edited by dalsingh101