Police Cow Protection Force In Panjab

dalsingh101

Police cell to protect cows in Punjab

2010-09-19 15:00:00

Chandigarh, Sep 19 (IANS) The Punjab government has announced the setting up of a cow protection cell in the office of the director general of police (DGP).

An official at the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal's office said Sunday that the Punjab government had ordered to establish a cow protection cell in the DGP office.

The cell will be manned by an officer not below the rank of inspector general (IG) in Punjab police.

No police official, who will head the cow cell, has been named for the post yet.

The official said that the cell has been exclusively entrusted with the task to ensure the implementation of the act, rules and regulations already in force in this regard.

The ruling Congress in neighbouring Haryana had this month announced the setting up of a 12-member Cow Commission in the state.

http://sify.com/news/police-cell-to-protect-cows-in-punjab-news-national-kjtpadcgebb.html

Only in India........where cows are treated better than humans...

The cow protection squad ready and waiting to spring into action...bwaahh!

punjab-police.jpg

Edited by dalsingh101

What is the obsession with indians setting up committees for literally everything that they want to do?

In my opinion they are only formed 1/ to give some cronies a paid job/expense account or 2/ because they want to put off doing what the committee is set up for, hoping people will eventually forget about it.

I propose setting up a 6-man committee to look into this Indian quirky obsession.

Only a nominal stipend will be paid but each member will get an AMEX credit card for expenses. To report back no longer than in three years time.

I've nominated four members of my family and friends. anyone else would like to partake in this urgent seva too??

Looking at that picture makes me loathe the Punjab Police even more.

It can go either way...

You can look at them and go "Ahhh bless, they look like giant teddy bears!"

Or you could end up slowly shaking your head and lamenting the state of a once proud warrior nation.

lol

I must add. When I was a teenager, a friend had a very naughty T Shirt with a cartoon of a naked man and lady of similar girth to our friends in the photo above, in pretty much the same positions. They were obviously supposed to be attracted to each other.

The caption was......mission impossible......

Edited by dalsingh101

What is the obsession with indians setting up committees for literally everything that they want to do?

In my opinion they are only formed 1/ to give some cronies a paid job/expense account or 2/ because they want to put off doing what the committee is set up for, hoping people will eventually forget about it.

Its about to show media and people that Govt is doing something on this issue.For example if Congress is going to blame badal govt that they did nothing to prevent cow slaughter in 2012 elections then what?

Cows are cute animals. They should be an entire unit set to protect animals I think. As for humans, well Guru jee has given Sikhs a very simple concept that most do not follow and that is to become Shastardhari. Why should be depend upon the police to protect us? If every Sikh lives in accordance to the teachings of Guru Gobind SINgh Jee and also wears shastars (including fire arms) no one will mess with Sikhs. Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwalay also did prachar for Sikhs to again become Shastardhari and not cry victim.

Cows are cute animals. They should be an entire unit set to protect animals

Those who are torchbearers of cow protection Should tie one useless old cow in their home.In countries like India where there is already so much overpopulation of humans It is impractical to spend money on old and useless animals.No poor farmer or milk man can take care of old and useless cow so those who talk about these things should do it on their own

Cows are cute animals.

Sheep are a hundred times cuter than cows. They are like walking clouds and do not do size 10 tuttis either. If cows were human, they would be a big dumb, slow person.

Only Indians worship the cow. Why does no one else on the globe feel so emotionally attached to it in a similar fashion?

In India cow protection movement has gone crazy.Recently Karnatka has passed bill that banned slaughter of all type of cattle and those who even sell there cattle to butchers will be punished.Even if you are found possession of beef you will be punished .The maximum punishment is 7 years in jail which is equal to punishment of rape.That's why sometime I think that many illegal things are legal in India because if you remove them you could be in big trouble

I know that some native american tribes worship the buffalo as the 'Great Spirit'. The reason being that the buffalo provides for their every needs - including meat, in a similar way to indian belief. They also have great regard for other wild beasts and the Spirit that dwells within them.

Again in india they claim to worship the cow but look at the reality..... they roam the streets hungry, get beaten by people if they get in the way, not given any veterinary attention, but when it comes to some celebration they suddenly become god incarnate are are stuffed with food, clothed and painted.

Are we equating possible ancient Jewish practice and native Indian nature worship with what goes on in India here? However the latter respected cowlike animals, I'm pretty sure they didn't hesitate to slaughter them for food as and when required.

Strange how M. Ranjit Singh made such a big deal about cow slaughter in his kingdom...

Kalyug, if you must, make sure it's Aberdeen!

Edited by dalsingh101

Are we equating possible ancient Jewish practice and native Indian nature worship with what goes on in India here? However the latter respected cowlike animals, I'm pretty sure they didn't hesitate to slaughter them for food as and when required.

Not equating but seeing how various animistic beliefs have evolved over time.

Talking about steaks I recommend argentinian stuff. Juicy, succulent....mmmmm.

After all those rainforests chopped down to breed the cows it'll be rude not to!!!!

Or you can just get the Burger King stuff.

Not just M. Ranjit SIngh.

Even different sikh Sampardas of today hold the cow in high regard. Nihangs, nirmala and namdharis.

Apparently DDT rehat mentions a black cow? Can anyone elaborate?

Cows possess a great deal of gareebi (humility) according to our Indian traditions. A popular anecdote is that a famous Sidh ( can't recall his name) asked for the gift of humility from God, he was told 3/4 is with Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the remaining is with the cows of maat lok.

What is maat look?

The cow thing seems to be a uniquely Indic thing. When you are raised outside of India, it seems to make little sense. The rest of the world seems to see them as providers of milk and food.