Indian Rocket Explodes Minute After Launch

http://punjabnewsline.com/content/indian-rocket-explodes-minute-after-launch/27232

Indian rocket explodes minute after launch

IANS

Saturday, 25 December 2010

SHRIHARIKOTA: India's ambitious space programme suffered a major setback as an advanced communication satellite exploded within a minute after its launch from here on Christmas day Saturday.

A stunned Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) did not give the reason for the dramatic explosion in the sky but an officer told IANS that there was a fault in the second stage of the launch.

"The rocket's first stage seemed to have performed normally. The problem seems to have cropped up in the second stage as the rocket didn't get sufficient thrust," he said.

But another official insisted that even the first stage was a failure.

The 2,310 kg GSAT-5P satellite, costing about Rs.125 crore, was to serve the needs of the telecommunication sector and the weather department.

It was also to retire the INSAT-2E satellite, sent up in 1999.

It was at 4.04 p.m. that ISRO launched the rocket, with the satellite, in clear sky from the Sriharikota space centre, about 80 km from Chennai.

It rose into the sky with a deep roar, emitting thick orange flame at its tail. And suddenly it exploded -- and disintegrated.

The failure plunged the scientific community into gloom.

Saturday's launch was originally scheduled for Nov 20 but was aborted a day earlier after a leak was detected in one of the valves of the Russian-made cryogenic engine.

Later, tests ensured the stability of the valve. The ISRO gave the go-ahead for a Christmas day launch.

The Russians had supplied seven cryogenic engines long back, and India has used six of them till date.

The GSAT-5P satellite was supposed to have a life span of over 13 years. It had 36 transponders - automatic receivers and transmitters for communication and broadcast of signals.

Its successful launch would have taken ISRO's transponder capacity to about 235, from the 200 currently in the orbit.

In September 2007, when ISRO flew the GSLV to put into orbit the INSAT-4CR communication satellite, the rocket had faced a valve problem.

ISRO launched two major satellites in 2010 - communication satellite GSAT-4 and remote sensing satellite Cartosat-2.

The GSAT-4 launch failed after the rocket crashed into the Bay of Bengal while Cartosat-2 was placed successfully in the orbit.

ISRO has many communication satellites in service - INSAT 2E, INSAT 3A, INSAT 3B, INSAT 3C, INSAT 3E, INSAT 4A, INSAT 4CR and INSAT 4B working at 50 percent capability.

• 3 weeks later...

MEGA LOL! Oh dear. Why do the hindustanis even bother doing things like this? All they are showing is that they were as ineffectual at doing anything advanced just like their maratha/mughal forefathers.

That just sounds like sour grapes to me. I would rather they kept focused and busy on stuff like this than twat around murdering and generally interfering with their minority populations myself.

MEGA LOL! Oh dear. Why do the hindustanis even bother doing things like this? All they are showing is that they were as ineffectual at doing anything advanced just like their maratha/mughal forefathers.

Maratha and Mughal armies were actually quite effective in the early part of their history. If you read about Mughal victories by Babur they were outstanding read about how Himayun recaptured India or Akbar's victory against Hemu and later on the Rajputs. The Marathas also had outstanding victories during the time of Shivajee and even after during the times of the Peshvas. Like all empires they declined due to disunity.

and the eastern part acting as the farmyard for india's masses.

You only have the 'all things farm' obsessed brothers to blame for that, not Indians. Come on wake up. Those guys even sing songs about farming and curiously work their way into high level academic positions to tell everyone how essential farming and farmers are to Sikhi.

And some point you'll have to stop blaming India and look closer to home for our woes.

Truth is farmers have hijacked Sikhi to use it as a platform for their err.....farming agenda. So whilst Hindustan aims to go into space, saday phudhus are probably dreaming of ..yes you've guessed it, more farmland.....and more tractors or other miscellaneous material, superficial, status obsessed pendu bullshit.

We are becoming rural idiots. Maybe not 'becoming' now, but 'are'?

Edited by dalsingh101

Really? I didnt think farming was that fun. I might have to give it a try. I think the lack of development in Punjab lies mainly at the feet of people like Badal though. Many leaders of Indian states go to Japan/Germany/Russia/France to try and get investment for a variety of industries. Ours sits on his ass pandering to the deras. We also know that the indian govt doesnt support industry in the Punjab because it is too close to Pakistan. Well thats the excuse they use, but we know pakistan can hit any part of india they like. A state full of sikhs would probably be the safest place to be. Anyway after what india did in 84 i dont think we owe them anything so watching their space plans get set back provides some amusement.

I'm more concerned about the enemies within right now. Especially those sitting in positions of power in our premier institutes.

Plus you need a wake up call. Go to Sikhsangat.com and take a clear look at the mentality and intellect of the vast majority of the youth of the panth. Well those who still push their Sikh identity anyway.

I havent been on that site since they banned me - mainly because I tried bringing logic and thinking to arguments about meat or current affairs and I argued with Bijla Singh. I also raised the issue of mods reading personal messages, not something that went down too well. As for 'premier institutes' are you being ironic - all I can think of is the SGPC. Isnt our lack of modern institutions one of the reasons we have so many problems internally?

You only have the 'all things farm' obsessed brothers to blame for that, not Indians. Come on wake up. Those guys even sing songs about farming and curiously work their way into high level academic positions to tell everyone how essential farming and farmers are to Sikhi.

And some point you'll have to stop blaming India and look closer to home for our woes.

Truth is farmers have hijacked Sikhi to use it as a platform for their err.....farming agenda. So whilst Hindustan aims to go into space, saday phudhus are probably dreaming of ..yes you've guessed it, more farmland.....and more tractors or other miscellaneous material, superficial, status obsessed pendu bullshit.

We are becoming rural idiots. Maybe not 'becoming' now, but 'are'?

Not just that, everything wrong in the world is due to farmers LOL.

WW1 was started when a farmer killed Ferdenand ,WW2 was started when a farmer invaded poland (and rival farmers declared war on that farmer), bombing of pearl harbor was done by farmers from Japan, atomic bomb was dropped on Heroshima by farmers from Amrika, the Bolshavik revolution was done by Russian farmers (and Soviet Union was destroyed by a drunk farmer named Yeltsin), Pakistan was created by a farmer (then a whole bunch of farmers in Punjab ended up killing each other), Isreal was created by Zionist farmers, 9/11 was done by Arab farmers which resulted in Bush (also a farmer!) declaring war on the Islamic farmers. DARN THESE CONSPIRING FARMERS! When will it all end?

Edited by Mithar

Mithar your post doesn't surprise me. Farmers have a habit of blaming the world for their problems yet never taking a reflective look at themselves.

If you are trying to tell me jatt bullshit mentality is not dominating Sikhi issues right now, mainly through numerical power in Panjab and the cultural influence being in a majority brings and a hold on SGPC you are either outright lying or in denial.

The finger needs to be pointed where it must. No one is saying historically jatts haven't contributed a lot to Sikhi but to try and use that to okay the bullshit that comes from them today is nonsense. Jatt backwardness is now infecting Sikhi on multiple levels, especially the intellectual one.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about any of the things jatts are constantly crying about and wish they stopped turning their suicide, drug, pendu violence and status obsessed issues into 'Sikh' ones. If farming is working out so shit for you people, just leave the damn trade.

Funny how my own family who have used funds from UK to buy a lot of land back home never constantly whine like Jatt farmers do. No one is interested and they should just shut up and throw their dads 'Put jatt da' cassette in the bin and read more books or something. It just has a net effect of bringing yet more depressing news to nonjatt Sikhs.

With mentalities like that no wonder Hindus are outdoing us.

Edited by dalsingh101

Mithar your post doesn't surprise me. Farmers have a habit of blaming the world for their problems yet never taking a reflective look at themselves.

If you are trying to tell me jatt bullshit mentality is not dominating Sikhi issues right now, mainly through numerical power in Panjab and the cultural influence being in a majority brings and a hold on SGPC you are either outright lying or in denial.

The finger needs to be pointed where it must. No one is saying historically jatts haven't contributed a lot to Sikhi but to try and use that to okay the bullshit that comes from them today is nonsense. Jatt backwardness is now infecting Sikhi on multiple levels, especially the intellectual one.

Personally I couldn't give a shit about any of the things jatts are constantly crying about and wish they stopped turning their suicide, drug, pendu violence and status obsessed issues into 'Sikh' ones. If farming is working out so shit for you people, just leave the damn trade.

Funny how my own family who have used funds from UK to buy a lot of land back home never constantly whine like Jatt farmers do. No one is interested and they should just shut up and throw their dads 'Put jatt da' cassette in the bin and read more books or something. It just has a net effect of bringing yet more depressing news to nonjatt Sikhs.

With mentalities like that no wonder Hindus are outdoing us.

It seems like every topic there is, you always end up blaming everything on Jats sort of like how some people like to eventually resort to calling some Nazis or Hitler. Jats are to be blamed as much as Khatris, Tarkhans,Ahluwalias etc are to be blamed. Just because the majority of Sikhs coincidentally happen to be of Jat does not mean you can simply hold only Jats as responsible for everything wrong in the universe. It's not so simple as that as you think it is, it's much more complicated that that, and a lot of factors contribute to our problems than simply saying "Jats are responsible".

There are some brothers like you who blame Jats for everything, some blame Brahmans for everything. Then there are people who blame people from a certain region in Punjab for all the ills in our society, you can blame all you like, but the blame game wont solve anything. It seems all Sikhs have been doing is blaming each other rather than looking inwards and being true to the Guru's lifestyle. First we need to reform ourselves and see "am I living in accordance to Gurmat? am I a good Sikh?". Reformation of a society starts from the individual level.

BTW, Hindus have farmers too.

Are you denying that Sikh jatts generally monopolise the SGPC and the Akali Dal agenda?

Are you denying that Sikh jatts generally monopolise the SGPC and the Akali Dal agenda?

"monopolise"? that alone shows you have no idea how politics works in Punjab. The ground realities in Punjab is much different from what we read about in the English media here in the west. Our problems are very complicated, and believe it or not but Jattness is not the reason. What the problem is in SGPC, the same problem is happening in DSGMC (delhi) which is dominated by Khatri Sikhs, does that mean Khatris are the most evil people in the world? you need to come to Punjab and live there for a year or come more often to realize the ground realities there.

Edited by Mithar

What the problem is in SGPC, the same problem is happening in DSGMC (delhi) which is dominated by Khatri Sikhs, does that mean Khatris are the most evil people in the world?

Veer ji

Totally agree with you on this.The problem of SGPC and DSGMC are not different.DSGMC is also as much cash Rich as SGPC yet they have not done for 1984 riot victims Infact DSGMC is the biggest culprit for sikhs not getting justice in 1984 riot cases so One cannot only blame Khatri's or jatts ,Rural or Urban people

Mithar

I don't know why you've thrown DSGMC into the matter because (as I've said before) it isn't comparable to the Panjab based SGPC at all.

SGPC represent the latest manifestation of Sikh polity in its heartland whereas the latter is plainly a newly emerged Delhi based fleecing organisation.

In anycase, I get the picture. Once it is your own people are behind a bunch of crap, people naturally get defensive and dismissive. I see it amongst the English all the time with their constant denials of being anything other than benevolent angels.

In anycase (relating to the thread), I personally don't get an erection every time India cocks up, I suggest other brothers don't either. I know all of the evil that was done to Sikhs in the 84 phase. I also know some apnay weren't angels in all this either. I don't want to perpetually define myself as 'against India', it's something I've done for way too many years.

I hope India progresses and learns and manages to uplift and give a decent standard of life for all the poor people there, Sikh and nonSikh. Those people who struggle everyday. Families who live in slums. Street children who have to work. People with no proper access to medical provisions and basic education. Those people, they need it more than a lot of plump, well off arseholes who sit around the Panjab and complain every second.

Edited by dalsingh101

Mithar

I don't know why you've thrown DSGMC into the matter because (as I've said before) it isn't comparable to the Panjab based SGPC at all.

SGPC represent the latest manifestation of Sikh polity in its heartland whereas the latter is plainly a newly emerged Delhi based fleecing organisation.

In anycase, I get the picture. Once it is your own people are behind a bunch of crap, people naturally get defensive and dismissive. I see it amongst the English all the time with their constant denials of being anything other than benevolent angels.

In anycase (relating to the thread), I personally don't get an erection every time India cocks up, I suggest other brothers don't either. I know all of the evil that was done to Sikhs in the 84 phase. I also know some apnay weren't angels in all this either. I don't want to perpetually define myself as 'against India', it's something I've done for way too many years.

I hope India progresses and learns and manages to uplift and give a decent standard of life for all the poor people there, Sikh and nonSikh. Those people who struggle everyday. Families who live in slums. Street children who have to work. People with no proper access to medical provisions and basic education. Those people, they need it more than a lot of plump, well off arseholes who sit around the Panjab and complain every second.

How is DSGMC any different from SGPC? DSGMC is the biggest Sikh organization after the SGPC. Many people say DSGMC is a mini version SGPC in all respects. They carry out the same functions, Delhi it self carries a large powerful Sikh community, probably the largest after Punjab. DSGMC and SGPC have exactly the same problems. The only difference is, where as SGPC is mainly dominated by rural Jats, the DSGMC is mainly dominated by Urban Khatris. So that in itself disproves your frivolous caste based theories, and shows that our problems are beyond caste or even the rural-urban divide.

I'm not defending Jats as you are accusing me. But I do reserve the right I think to correct a brother who is making statements which do not match ground realities in India. You seem to have an unhealthy Jat phobia which is why you eventually bring in "Jats are responsible" in almost every Sikh related thread sort of like how Godwin's law says given some time eventually some people resort to mentioning Hitler or Nazis in any topic or debate.

I think Mithar is bringing in the DSGMC to show that it isn't just organisations with a Jat majority that can become corrupt. If your intention is to show that corruption in a Jat trait then you have show that corruption does not exist in organisations dominated by non-Jats. You obviously don't have a clue about Punjab or Sikh politics in India for that matter. Reading Mark Tully doesn't make you an expert. Btw you might not be aware but 20 seats are reserved in the SGPC for so-called scheduled castes. That's 12% reservation whereas the scheduled castes are about 28% of the Sikh population. SCs can also contest the other 150 seats of the SGPC. Unfortunately no caste wide data on membership of the SGPC has been done. Jats constitute between 55 to 60% of Sikhs. So wouldn't you expect Jats to have a majority of the seats in the SGPC. Why don't you start a campaign against the fact that the UK parliament is monopolised by white people! Why don't they have a majority of non-Whites, isn't that racism!

Edited by tonyhp32

SGPC and the DSGMC are very different Mithar.

SGPC is directly linked to the Akal Takhat for a start. DSGMC lot have no mechanism to influence the community outside of Delhi, it isn't linked to any Takhat let alone the main one for Sikhs. SGPC has a long history and covers the vast bulk of historical Gurdwaras. Their influence on Sikh polity is supreme. They can excommunicate. That is why there is often a link of Jattism to crap going on in the panth so often. That's a pretty pervasive tool for influence - come on!

Look, seriously, I've frequently heard alternate views to what you are saying from nonJat Sikh ground level village sources (yes from villages) myself. I meet A LOT of freshies (more than your average British raise person would), they paint a very different picture to what you are suggesting. Casteism and discrimination ARE big issues in their pinds. Every last person I've spoken to says the Akali Dal is really a party catering to the interests of Jats.

Hell, even Brit Jatt guys and girls I know even frequently own up to as much when they return from back home (i.e. "my family told me not to mix with nonjats when I was there").

You've even had videos on the Internet highlighting discrimination and it is always Jatt landowners who are fingered in all this.

Maybe you are being like one of those nice liberal whites who, although very sincere and good people, are completely blind to the organised crap other groups of their community get up to?

Anyway, I've made my point, and have truly tried evaluating yours. I still hold that there are BIG problems stemming from jattness in the panth and Panjab in general. Unless, jatts themselves recognise this, they will only continue to worsen.

Edited by dalsingh101

Personally I don't think you have evaluated any other views. You said that Jat boys were going around raping lower caste girls. I showed you official data that shows that is not the case. Instead of taking that on board you came up with some anecdotes about hearing so and so from Jats you work with. Unless you actually go to a Punjabi village and investigate the facts yourself you will only ever have a blinkered view about Jats.

SGPC and the DSGMC are very different Mithar.

SGPC is directly linked to the Akal Takhat for a start. DSGMC lot have no mechanism to influence the community outside of Delhi, it isn't linked to any Takhat let alone the main one for Sikhs. SGPC has a long history and covers the vast bulk of historical Gurdwaras. Their influence on Sikh polity is supreme. They can excommunicate. That is why there is often a link of Jattism to crap going on in the panth so often. That's a pretty pervasive tool for influence - come on!

Look, seriously, I've frequently heard alternate views to what you are saying from nonJat Sikh ground level village sources (yes from villages) myself. I meet A LOT of freshies (more than your average British raise person would), they paint a very different picture to what you are suggesting. Casteism and discrimination ARE big issues in their pinds. Every last person I've spoken to says the Akali Dal is really a party catering to the interests of Jats.

Hell, even Brit Jatt guys and girls I know even frequently own up to as much when they return from back home (i.e. "my family told me not to mix with nonjats when I was there").

You've even had videos on the Internet highlighting discrimination and it is always Jatt landowners who are fingered in all this.

Maybe you are being like one of those nice liberal whites who, although very sincere and good people, are completely blind to the organised crap other groups of their community get up to?

Anyway, I've made my point, and have truly tried evaluating yours. I still hold that there are BIG problems stemming from jattness in the panth and Panjab in general. Unless, jatts themselves recognise this, they will only continue to worsen.

I'm not a fan of SGPC, but you have again made statements which are not factual. Firstly, SGPC does not hold the power to excommunicate anyone, Akal Takht does. It is not the Jathadar of the SGPC who excommunicates, but the Jathadar of the Akal Takht who does that. Secondly, no one since the start of SGPC has been excommunicated because of their caste. SGPC is a caretaker organization which is supposed to make sure all the Gurdwaras under it's control are being run in accordance to Maryadha, just like DSGMC does.

As Tony jee said, the reason I mentioned DSGMC is because you claimed that the SGPC is corrupt or does wrong things is because it is a Jat trait (which in itself is a very offensive and casteist thing to say), but by that logic of yours other similar large Sikh organizations that are run by non-Jats should not have the same problems that plague Jat dominated SGPC. But if you look at a comparable Sikh organization to SGPC that would be the DSGMC which is quite close to Punjab and they are plagued with the same problems. That alone shows your statement is a false one.

You have confirmed what I suspected, all your views about this topic are based on second hand knowledge from people who you meet, so they are not based on first hand knowledge or facts just like your claim that raping women is a Jat trait which Tony Jee refuted using facts and figures. To me it seems you are talking about UP or Bihar rather than Punjab. Many NRI who are born and bred in the west have preconceived ideas about India which are not necessarily based on facts. When a person like me hears of them, I cannot help but shake my head in disbelief and crack a smile at such ignorance.

Again brother, I urge you to save some money and live in Punjab for 6 months, especially in the rural Punjab and experience it first hand to get a better understanding of the culture and people there, and you yourself will realize that truth is quite different from what some freshee had taught you about Punjab and it's people.

Edited by Mithar