Abortion And Contraception In Sikhi?

VJKK VJKFji

Satsangat what does Sikhi say in terms of abortion and contraception? I know this seems abrahamic (maybe we can have a comparative study for this as an answer) but I remember studying out of a religious education book which once said had an answer I can not remember what it said but it had an odd answer could you please give me a view on this.

Edited by sarbatdapala

Abortion is murder within any religion or without.

The only area of discussion in most communities is what to do in the case of rape.

Another problem is one of supply and demand. Some women will get pregnant without being raped and still want an abortion. If it is not available publically or is even outlawed then it wont stop some pregnant women from trying to get an abortion other ways. It also wont stop those who kill their children shortly after child birth. In the west there are numerous stories of people finding dead babies in house walls or buried in gardens that have been killed by mothers who couldnt get abortions easily. I'm not saying I agree with abortion but it is not as simple as some people think when we look at practical real world applications of what we believe.

Sex in sikhism stands for procreation if it turns to lust is that acceptable? Also there are the cases of teenage pregancy alot of people from Sikh descent have sex before marriage it is quite common in these days in Gurus time maharaj did call people for pesh according to some accounts for such actions.

if a man's not home and you burn down his house, despite not being murder it still is a very serious crime. if the atma has not entered the developing sareer, destroying the home of the atma is still an incredibly serious crime.

Thats an awesome way of putting it singh...........!!!!!!!!!!! :D

But then what about teenage girls who have there life ahead of them?

it comes down to individual responsibility aboutn their actions, and the possible reactions of those actions should be understood.

i think in the Uk,the welfare state makes things like this worse, cos if the girl knew she isnt gonna get a free flat and all her bills paid, she would think twice about doing it.