Islamic View From Haddith

Mr Sardar

The quran makes no mention of stoning, but:

5:33 Those who wage war against God and His Messenger and strive to spread corruption in the land should be punished by death, crucifixion, the amputation of an alternate hand and foot or banishment from the land: a disgrace for them in this world, and then a terrible punishment in the Hereafter

I'm pretty sure that if Jesus had a problem with stoning, he'd have a bigger one with crucifixion.

The reason that Sufism is so close to Sikhi is because of the influence of Indian and other religions which affected its development, not because the original Islam was anything like Sikhi.

What you are doing is making up a revisionist history of Islam to make it more palatable - for yourself or for the sangat, I don't know which yet.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

baba fareed ji and bhagat kabir ji were not muslim,there is no way that either was a folower of mohammed when he did ucharan of dhur ki bani which is Satguru.

as for islam:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/41588-bachitter-natak-on-muhammad/ (scroll down to the post by 'UKGupt Kaur')

Edited by Silence

The houris are mentioned many times in dasam bani... If i remember correctly there is a tuk where Maharaj says something like "I killed him and he went straight to paradise to company the houris" or something similiar.

Page 120, Line 7

Thousand of houris (beautiful heavenly damsels) move in the sky; they move forward to marry the martyrs.

The houris are mentioned many times in dasam bani... If i remember correctly there is a tuk where Maharaj says something like "I killed him and he went straight to paradise to company the houris" or something similiar.

Page 120, Line 7

Thousand of houris (beautiful heavenly damsels) move in the sky; they move forward to marry the martyrs.

If you read DG in general, it quickly becomes apparent that Guru ji uses a lot of metaphor and poetic imagery/language. So you can't really take the above statement literally.

Page 120, Line 7

Interesting! Search revealed that word 'hoor' comes numerous times in DG. Concept is something like fighters dying in battle and hoors in sky waiting for them to marry them. Following two lines use word 'hoor' in battle of Ramayana.

ਮਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਮਾਰੇ ਸਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਸੂਰੰ ॥ ਬਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਬਯਾਹੈਂ ਹਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਹੂਰੰ ॥੫੭੬॥

Ram killed the brave fighters who were wedded by the heavenly damsels.

ਜਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਜਾਗੇ ਸਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਸੂਰੰ ॥ ਘਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਘੁੱਮੀ ਹਾਗੜਦੰਗ ਹੂਰੰ ॥

The mighty warrior Lakshman regained his senses and the roaming heavenly damsels went back;

Seems like everybody gets 'hoor', even the bad guys.

Where it came from? From Quran or it is some ancient Indian thing?

Ok sufism may have basically stolen many bits of Hindu dharam, Buddhism, Greek mythology, Zorostrainsm and many past religions even some we know longer know of. Sufism by some is believed to be origins so if that is the case then it may need to be looked into deeper. How about Sufism's predecessor mysticism of Gnosticism and Kabbalah anyone have insights into these. The idea of Islam at the moment in many Pakistanis is sufism itself but when introduced to Haddiths they become socially corrupt as people. Basically majority of the Pakistanis were all manipulated do you think it may be possible to make that apparent to them one day?

Edited by sarbatdapala

DalSingh Ji, would you care to venture a different view of what it could mean?

Well from what I have read of the depictions of battlefields in the DG, Guru ji seems to have adopted a brilliant style that is a mixture of gritty realism with the incorporation of mythology from various sources. I'm just saying that this could explain the references to houris looking to wed dead soldiers, imagery clearly taken from Islamic lore. At other places he uses more Indic references to create his depiction and in other instances realistic imagery is used i.e. wounded people wailing on the field.

I don't think the houri references are literal, I think they are more poetic. Sikhi doesn't really focus on warriors being rewarded with virgin nymphos after death now does it?

Edited by dalsingh101

there is no record of Baba Banda Singh and Bulleh Shah ever having met. the writer harish singh dhillon has wrote in his book of Baba Banda Singhs life, that they met, but he says himself that the book is written with a dramatical slant on historical base. He says that when Banda Singh was paraded thru delhi, Bulleh Shah had a conversation with him.