Question about Miracles in sikhism

ssa all,

I would like to know what sikhism say about miracles. Is it allowed? did any of our gurus performed any miracles. i am told they didnt coz it contradicts sikh teachings. but i also read a story where guru nanak saved bhai mardana from a mullah (or something) by stopping a rock thrown at him with his one hand. And theres also a gurdwara built where u can see guru ji hand printed on the rock. is it true?

References will be grateful 8)

cheers

No.

What i was tryna emphasize was the POWER of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, i neva said anything like them wanting to show ANYTHING OFF!!!!!!! The fact they dodnt show off their greatness made them gr8 too....

Forgive me but i dont understand your conclusion.... all i was trying to sy was that in my knowlege, no miracles are not part of Sikhi and that evrything happens under God's hukkam.... and that the example Nek gave of sum1 pushing the stone down to GuruJi and their hand imprint, shows their greatness..... i never said that they were trying to show their greatness.....

the action is irrelevent, it is hte intention.

guru tegh bahadur refused to do a miracle to save his own life - guru nanak did a miracle to save mardanas life.

miracles and spiritual powers are very very possible but they are kept under wraps. follow the rahit and youll understnad one day :P but they should never be used like cheap circus tricks!

thats all bull shit :x the gurus performed many miracles, guru gobind singh ji and the khalsa fauj were bein pursued by the pakiz basiclly an water had ran out for the khalsa panth, so basiclly guru gobind singh ji pushed a rock or mountain with his hand and out came thw water.

the place still there today its in pakistan i got photos of it so wot u sayin to that then huh?

:shock:

miracles r nt allowed in sikhism. i think u all hav heard tat sakhi of baba ataal rai jee. their gurudwara is in amritsar near by sri darbar sahib.here is a short sakhi..

baba ataal rai jee used 2 play wit his friens.once while playing , snake bit their frien. n he died.baba ji again gav him life wit his power.

when he came back home, guru hargobing jee said wat u did is not allowed in sikhism. sanu guru da hukum manana chaheeda hai. baba ataal rai jee us time guru charna vich chale gaye.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The Gurus were against performing miracles. As all this did was increase a person's ego. None of the Guru's ever performed miracles. You have to remeber that the Janam Sakhis are not real events. They are not fact at all. They have meaning to them, but to believe them as they are would be foolish on our part. The only thing which is true is the Guru Granth Sahib.

The Bhai Bala Janam sakhis are the ones which mention miracles, but these are not accepted anymore. These were in fact written by a sect called the hindalis who did it for their own purpse. I think it was to discredit sikhi is some part and to sway some followers. I don't have my work to hand so i don't know the full reason why.

Bhul chuk marf karne

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Gurooo's have performed many miracles... sikh saints did it .. But guroo's were always against them. Guroo's never wanted people to love them and praise them just because of that. Guroo's never took any credit for miracles .. straight to akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.....

you gotta remember... guroo's were pure pujjari of AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL... so therefore they were egoless-----------------

NO NO NO NO....

the guru's did NOT perform miracles......sikhism dus not go beyond the barriers of science and possibility....anything that we regard as being impossible simply did not happen. the guru's were gr8 ppl, spiritually and mentally.thsis because they were one with god..they didnt carry out miracles. some refrences to any miracles r metaphorical..a lot of the guru granth shaib ji is written metaphorically, giving certain analogies. many people take htis 2 literally.

fateh