Turkey: Tiger Kills Lion At Zoo

kdsingh80

http://www.3news.co.nz/Turkey-Tiger-kills-lion-at-zoo/tabid/417/articleID/201754/Default.aspx

A Turkish zoo says a tiger severed a lion's jugular vein when it stuck its paw through a narrow gap in a door dividing their cages.

The zoo in the Turkish capital of Ankara issued a statement to deny media reports that the tiger bent iron bars to attack the lion and tear it into pieces in the attack on September 4.

It said the tiger had squeezed it's front leg through the door, and in a single stroke left the lion dying in a pool of blood.

It was not clear why the death of one of the three lions in the zoo was publicized so late.

Six tigers remain in an enclosure at the zoo, which insists that it is safe for visitors.

Lion Vs Tiger. That debate can go on and on like a religious debate without end. Both are great animals that need protection in the wild. The tiger is especially in danger mainly because of the Chinese people and their strange fetish towards tiger parts being used in Chinese medicine.

BTW, India also has lions called asiatic lions in the Gir forest of Gujarat. There are no tigers there. Makes you wonder why? maybe survival of the fittest.

Lion Vs Tiger. That debate can go on and on like a religious debate without end. Both are great animals that need protection in the wild. The tiger is especially in danger mainly because of the Chinese people and their strange fetish towards tiger parts being used in Chinese medicine.

BTW, India also has lions called asiatic lions in the Gir forest of Gujarat. There are no tigers there. Makes you wonder why? maybe survival of the fittest.

Actually It is the other way.Lions use to roam India and tiger arrived late in India from siberia/China,but Tiger spread itself into the entire India While Lions

started to vanish and were restricted to only Gujarat.

Edited by kdsingh80

Have you seen what you get when a lion and tiger make love not war?

Behold a liger!!

liger.jpg

What do you expect from a guy who sleeps all day, only getting up to eat or bed a girl from his Harem?!

He doesn't even bother to speak to his brothers, instead starts a fight if should they enter his yard. Like all blokes he goes about pi$$ing wherever he can and thinks it all belongs to him.

Man, does he deserves a good shhithher!

:D

Tigers do not keep harems. Lions do. Tigers do not stay with the females and bring up the cubs like the lions. The tigress has to teach the cubs everything.

Tigers do keep mistresses .The females in the area of male tigers are dependent on security of their cubs to him.If another male tiger capture the area then cubs are at severe threat of being killed.The only difference between Lion and tiger is Tiger hunts his own prey while Lion is dependent on lionesses when he is in pride.

What do you expect from a guy who sleeps all day, only getting up to eat or bed a girl from his Harem?!

He doesn't even bother to speak to his brothers, instead starts a fight if should they enter his yard. Like all blokes he goes about pi$$ing wherever he can and thinks it all belongs to him.

Man, does he deserves a good shhithher!

:D

If a person's brother enter his yard with intention of raping the Girlfriend of brother and killing his children then what should he do?

i like tigers, they are my 2nd favourite animal. Wolves are my favourite animals.

What are your favourite animal(s)?

Mine are...Wolves/Elephants(Can't decide which one is my fav) and second is Lions.

Methinks we have plenty of First Nation people here. Worshippers of the great spirit of the majestic wolf.

Wolf in hindi is "bhediya" and that animal is considered as very bad.Dialogues like "woh insaan ki khaal mein Bhediya hai" are common in Hindi films.On the other hand Lions and tigers are considered as Sher and There is no good for a human when someone say that he is like Sher

You guys HAVE to watch this documentary about African lions and lionesses! I didn't know that they have such a tough time. This is limited to the UK (sorry!)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00hvw59/Natures_Great_Events_The_Great_Migration/

As for favorite animal, hmmm...... don't know if I have a favorite but I do like cheetahs and leopards.

Edited by dalsingh101

Methinks we have plenty of First Nation people here. Worshippers of the great spirit of the majestic wolf.

1st nation people worship the great spirit only. they have a brotherly affinity with the wolf. they dont actually worship wolves.

Has anyone here ever seen the great documentary called "The West" by Ken Burns. Its amazing and so sad at the same time.

Quite surprised to see so many people have wolves asd their favourate. What's so good in them?

Wolves are very misunderstood animals, partly because of Eesop, and other childrens tales. Even in europe they were despised and hunted to virtual extinction. For me, they are very majestic, elegant, and determined animals, persecuted because of myths, beleived by simpleton villagers. I think its the same with tigers as well, except that tigers have not been wrongly portrayed as wolves have been.

Wolves is also my fav football team, but they are a bit on the shite side, floundering in the relegation zone of the premiership.

Wolves are very misunderstood animals, partly because of Eesop, and other childrens tales. Even in europe they were despised and hunted to virtual extinction

Wolf is O.K but still It does not have charisma of Tiger

or strength of elephant.I don't think in history Kings use wolves to Fight other animals.