Andy Warhol Meets Bhagat Singh

dalsingh101

Was fart arsing around on the PC. Yes I have too much time on my hands.....

post-3203-130091988502_thumb.png

Mind you, I am seriously catching up on my reading! Especially with Pjs putting so many quality steeks up on scribd.

Edited by dalsingh101

Was fart arsing around on the PC. Yes I have too much time on my hands.....

I was wondering what that funny smell was, just didn't want to mention it. :)

Hows about writing a critique on the state of todays sikhs/panjabis/indians? Don't just leave it at that, also write what your possible solutions would be to these prblems.( not the 'everyone shud become amrit shak and give us khalistan' type of solutions)

You never know...if these ideas are ever implemented DALSINGH101 name will go down in history as the saviour of modern India. (Just remember to mention my name in the dedication/inspiration page at the front.

lovin the picture paaji !!

you got skills - although always go with highest resolution starting pic so you have massive image at the end (e.g. you could even get a canvas made)

regarding writing a book. try one on puraatan history meets modern sikh life.

dont be controversial for the sake of it. prove what you say with research but the aim should be to shoot down assumptions & blow some minds cool.gif

Edited by Parchand

regarding writing a book. try one on puraatan history meets modern sikh life.

Funny you say that....was thinking about a compare and contrast with Singh Sabha literature and pre lehar literature.

But I think I'd be ostracized by the panth for it though...lol

It would be tracing the introduction and development of what is referred to as 'enlightenment' thought in Sikh literature/thought. Showing how the presentation and parameters of the literature was transformed by this. Also how the colonial agenda influenced the SS movement and literature.

But that'll be a life long personal study for me anyway. Right now I'm still getting my Panjabi skills up from elementary.

Edited by dalsingh101

Dalsingh

Mister harjot oberoi wrote something similiar in this "construction of religous boundaries"..

No, he was writing along the lines of there being no real distinction between Sikhi and Hinduism. That's not a position I espouse.

Yes but he also talks about how the litterature changed pre-post singh sabha. Check the table of contents on amazon

I've read it, many years ago.

Thought it just tried to sketch out the thesis that Sikhi has no (or little) boundaries to Hinduism myself. He used 'folk Sikhi' as his model of Sikhi, not the one emerging from analysing Sikh scripture.

Edited by dalsingh101

I was wondering what that funny smell was, just didn't want to mention it. :)

I could also smell it all the way to Scandinavia :)

Dal, write a book and once (if) you become a millionaire don't spend the rest of your life relaxing at some sunny beach in south-Europe drinking an ice-cold Coca-Cola all day. Lol

Don' forget your gareeb friends on Sikhwareness, we want a part of the million too!