Khanda Bath With Kachi Lassi (Milk And Water)

das

Hello everybody,

In one of the Gurdwara in our town did the sewa of Khanda with only milk saying that bathing Khanda with Kachi Lassi is BrahmanVaad (because Hindus does this to their idols). I do NOT agree with them. I read and hear that spiritually Milk is considered to be Satvik and pure. But do any of you has more information on the following:

* Any case where our Gurus and Sants have said anything about "How to do give bath/sewa to Khanda before replacing cloth".

* What is the significance of Kachi Lassi (basically Milk and Water) in terms of Spiritual.

* ANy other information that would prove that we did not do it because we're following Hindus rituals. We used to do it because it has some significance and Hindus and other religions did this for the same purpose.

These so-called modern day scholors reject anything that is previous and Hindu related by saying it is Brahmanvaad!

Thanks Jaikaara.

regards to brahmanvaad, please can you define what this is, is it all related to hinduism? Alot of sikhi has been christianised and we have lost alot of sikhi. I.e the debate and sri dasam granth, people saying that this is written by a hindu pandit etc... Have people forgotten why we were called singh (to infuse the shakti of chandi in us) does that make this brahmanvaad matt?

I have had many debates, one being about the yantras and i got called an agent of RSS.... We need to study our religion. sikhi has now become a 'culture' as opposed to sikhi. To be honest,

The Katchi lassi is used to clean shastars, we should apply tilak of sandal on the shastars. When the gurus gave their gaddi to another, they gave a coconut, 5 gold coins and applied tilak on the forehead of the new guru..... please can you define 'Brahmvaad'?

Mit

Brahmanvaad is a slang used for sikhs influenced by rituals considered hindu, it has been used and misused time and again by sikhs and dalit activists too.

you are right the anti dasam mindsets use it for puratan sikhs in reference to Sri Dasam Granth maharaj.

these people have something which i term as hinduphobia, they fail to realise that we share the common heritage so some concepts are bound to be common.

be it sikhs, hindus jains buddhists or any dharam born in india.

I have had many debates, one being about the yantras and i got called an agent of RSS.... We need to study our religion. sikhi has now become a 'culture' as opposed to sikhi. To be honest,

What did you say about yantars? What relation do you think yantars have with Sikhi (honest question, not criticism)?

K.

Anyone having more information on Panj Amrit (Milk, Curd, Ghee, Sugar, Honey) and if possible some references in Gurbani/Vars/Granths etc. Basically, my intention is to prepare article (with Sangat's help) and then paste on the Gurdwara which is deadly against Kassi Lassi. My intention is NOT to prove something to the management of that Gurdwara, but just want to bring something truthful to the Sangat (specially youth) because that management is just mind washing everybody every week. Kindly, provide me more information on Kachi Lassi (being part of Panj Amrit) and why Kanda is given bath with Kachi Lassi.

Thanks