Rakhri...!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:evil:

don't mean to burst evry1's bubbles of happiness..:twisted:

but..rakhri is a hindu tradition - sikhs aren't sposed to follow it .

Who told you... Sikhs are "Not" Suppose to follow it???? and why?? This is the best festival...

exactly....what will a piece of taagah show for your commitment/protection of your phen...

Accha!! Tommorow you may obejct the what will a necklace (mangal sutr) show for your commitment of your wife... and so on ... dost... This taagah is just a symbol to express your feelings, just another "Beautiful" way of telling your sis that you care and love. Just think How can a mere Flower by Lover can be invaluable for a beloved... but it does!!! Come out of the shell dost... Duniya bahut hasseen hai!!!

did you ever hear of any of the guru ji's tying rakhri?!?

So.. do u mean. u only do those things/acts u have heared Guru ji had done??? What do you want to claim/Tell Jassa Bhai???

one more thing...

i'm not saying that i only do everything that the gurus did, i still make zillions of mistakes...it's just that we should all try to follow the gurus, shouldn't we? and i only see this as going one step closer to him...i'm nowhere near perfect!

bhul chukh maaf

lowest of the low singhni

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yea i agree with lowest of singhnee

Rakhsha bandan is a holiday celebrated by hindus, because they believe that the brothers will protect their sisters for the rest of their lives. bla bla bla.

But as sikhs, do we need any body's protection except God's? No we dont

only gods name will help us swim the worldly ocean

gods name is the only solution

in the end friends, computers, children, food, money, bla bla bla wont matter

*Waheguru*

Rakhri..hmmm...

wats da use of it? if u tie or not tie a rakhi over ur brothers wrist, does dat make him and urself less or more of a brother and sister??? if not, den wat purpose does it serve? yeh in da end of da day all da relationships r false, illusion. false, snap out of it. newayz. i think it wud be wrong to do rakhri, jst cuz evryone else is doin it and u jst go ahead and do it and u see no point in it. well, newayz carry on pplz if u want wid dis illusion :|

rakhri, jst sounds stupid to me, cuz u put a decorated thread on ur bros hand and den he gives u somin in return...and den????? i think its weird.

no hard feelnz, peace yall Gz...