The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

I'm editing the original post as I get more references and info... 😉 May move this to it's own topic because it's a very important and very difficult to get accurate descriptions of these states and terms. I know different people say different things and use the terms interchangeably. Very few gurmukhs will even divulge much information about these states other than simply say your on the right path so keep going. It is truly esoteric.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest NoFap
On 11/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, Guest NoFap said:

I got good result from ringing sound meditation and because of it only i was able to realize or experience who am i.

But there are other meditation techniques available too which can be found out here.

https://www.meditationiseasy.com/meditation-techniques/vigyan-bhairav-tantra-index-of-112-meditation-techniques/

One youtube channel in Hindi I came across w.r.t to anhad naad. 

https://youtube.com/@anhadkasafar

Guest Guest NoFap
(Sharing my experiences it might be helpful or it might not be)
If you have any queries feel free to ask. 

This - 

The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)
Has played some role in my journey. 

I just wanted to share the experiences that i have ever experienced on Anhad Naad Meditation and  my journey so far.

How  I started into Anahad Naad -

During lock down I started doing meditations I started with humming meditation from here https://youtu.be/cM1DFYjZHlg

But after some time I got bored because I suddenly realized it is kind of a time waste as I have also heard about Sound of silence from Sandeep Maheshwari. 

So I started doing this by waking up at 4 AM for around one month. 

Then with this also I got bored 😂. Then I left this one too.  But after leaving this meditation it automatically starts happening on its own at random times in day and night and I was not able to sleep. 

When I reached this stage I never practiced it conciously as Anahad naad or Ooonkaar or Aum or Sound of silence happening on it is own and now I can do this meditation at my will or without will cuz I am able to do it while even doing any work like walking studying etc cuz it stays in the background. 

During automatic hearing of it slowly slowly my kundalini also got awakened and even other spiritual experiences starts happening. Like Out of Body experience energy moving from Toes to crown chakra all these things happened.

All these experiences happened on there own I did nothing as Anahad naad was doing everything.

Till this time whatever experiences happened with me then I started getting curious that what is going on 😀

Then I searched it on inter net and came to know that sound of silence is called Anahad naad ajapa jaap etc. 

After all this my curiosity deepened more then I got to know about Ashtavakra gita and then Upnishads, Osho and Nanak etc. And my understanding got good and the experiences I had they also pointed the same thing whatever scriptures are suggesting.

Then in the end I realized 

Thou art That (Tat Tvam Asi)  😇

Also the experiences I had on the Anahad Naad that I have are as follows -

1. Out of body experience. 
2. Kundalini awakening.
3. Continuous Anahad naad for days without any effort.
4. Reaching at stage where there is nothing instead of Anahad Naad. All is Anahad Naad (Best experience I had) 
5. While in a dream realizing it is a dream and having control over it.

Would like to journey of you all 🙏

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Sat1176 said:

I sometimes hear the sound starting at 5:01- 5:05

@Sat1176  I have noticed that when I am fasting, sounds are more noticeable. Have you noticed anything like that yourself ?

Also, its more noticeable after loud chanting for half an hour. 

In the last 1-2 years, I have stopped paying attention to them, but they are there when I bring my awareness to them.  Feel like spiritual life has just stalled, although deeper understanding of concepts is increasing but mind is still engrossed in old impressions. 

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I sometimes hear the sound starting at 5:01- 5:05

@Sat1176  I have noticed that when I am fasting, sounds are more noticeable. Have you noticed anything like that yourself ?

Also, its more noticeable after loud chanting for half an hour. 

In the last 1-2 years, I have stopped paying attention to them, but they are there when I bring my awareness to them.  Feel like spiritual life has just stalled, although deeper understanding of concepts is increasing but mind is still engrossed in old impressions. 

I hear that sharp sound all the time during Waheguru Jaap meditation. If I pay attention to it it gets unbearable. 

5 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I guess that's a good sign if it gets louder.  I am no expert but I would experiment to see how far I can tolerate it. 

Gurmukhs have referred to this sharp sound as Sehaj Dhun. 

For me it doesn't get louder but just stays noticeable if I bring my awareness to listen to it.  This post has once again piqued my interest in listening to it. 

Once again, I am no expert, trying to walk on this path, stumbling and falling at every stone. More advanced practitioners can confirm. 

Your not alone brother, feel exactly the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2023 at 1:22 PM, Jigyasu1991 said:

- Five Shabads, Anhad Bani (Unstruck Melody) and Sehaj Dhun 
From Bhai Sewa Singh Tarmala’s first book ‘Prabh Milne Ka Chao’

IMG_3321.jpeg

IMG_3322.jpeg

Waheguru Ji

Is this book available online, if not any chance you can digitize the whole book for the Sangat? 

8 hours ago, Kaur10 said:

This book was posted to download by you in 2020 under title 'Advance Gurmat texts for serious Naam Abhiyaasis' 

The title of the book is Longing Love For The Truth - Bhai Sewa Singh Tarmala Ji 

Waheguru Ji

Dass is trying to collect advance gurmat texts in both punjabi and english.  

Having the punjabi text digitized will be beneficial to the punjabi readers. Right now we only have the english translation.

Waheguru Ji

On 1/13/2024 at 7:07 PM, Guest GlenD said:

Dear Sat1176,

Wish to thank you for all your posts in your thread.  I experience the ringing sound near constantly.  I have found one of the books you recommended "The Law of Attention: Nada Yoga and the Way of Inner Vigilance" extremely helpful in my quest.

Thank You, Glen

Welcome mate and god bless you on your journey 🙏