Dispelling Mistranslation On Meat

WJKK WJKF

Granths, sikh itias, the akal takhat rehat maryada and the shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj all state that a sikh can consume Jhatka. As for the Guru Granth Sahib ji, it is not a mere question and answer "book", it is the embodiment of sargun akal purakh waheguru telling the truth of gian within Gian.

If a sikh wishes to be vegetarian, so be it, but if a sikh chooses to practice Jhatka to progress his shakti along side his Bhakti, then so be it. It is the Sikhs choice.

For the Sikhs who force their view of vegetarianism upon their brothers and sisters, I ask the question:

If it is wrong to Jhatkaa animals to consume their flesh and utilise their by products, how is it then justified for the Khalsa fauj, as instructed by the guru to assist in political battles in favour of mogul rule over Hindustan, which have nothing to do with sikhi and obviously then resulted within the slaughter of soldiers on both sides due to political wars and political power?

Maybe dhan dhan Baba khanaya ji could have used something other than a animal by product to carry his pure water to all the fallen soldiers. As the sikh soldiers may hav objected to the water being carried in a dead animals gutt?

The concept of nirgun and sargun, the basis of sikh philosophy are heavily being over looked, confusing the Semitic ideology of "death" with sikhi, we now fail to understand that the sargun roop of akal purakh waheguru which is within every living being cannot simply "die".

WJKK WJKF

Edited by sikhiseeker

In my opinion meat should not be eaten as a luxury. It is only for warriors who are willing to die for the guru. It is for the Khalsa who will go out in battle not for the khalsa who are farmers etc. It is not supposed to be eaten for pleasure. Sri guru hargobind sahib sache patshah was freeing the animals from the 84 Lakh joons when he was hunting. If anyone of you guys could free an ant from its joon and let's him be born into a human in the next life then be my guest.

Let's just say that meat is NOT strictly prohibited outright......(I think that most would agree here)

But my question is.. what about ''khullah maas'' which is meat not killed by self jhatka and purchased from wholesale or take-out/food diners.....?

Do we agree that this is prohibited or not ?

Let's just say that meat is NOT strictly prohibited outright......(I think that most would agree here)

But my question is.. what about ''khullah maas'' which is meat not killed by self jhatka and purchased from wholesale or take-out/food diners.....?

Do we agree that this is prohibited or not ?

Ask any nihang jathedar and they will say its strictly prohibited.

WJKK WJKF

Granths, sikh itias, the akal takhat rehat maryada and the shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj all state that a sikh can consume Jhatka. As for oh Guru Granth Sahib ji, it is not a mere question and answer "book", it is the embodiment of sargun akal purakh waheguru telling the truth if gain within Gian.

If a sikh wishes to be vegetarian, so be it, but if a sikh chooses to practice Jhatka to progress his shakti along side his Bhakti, then so be it. It is the Sikhs choice.

For the Sikhs who force their view of vegetarianism upon their brothers and sisters, I ask the question:

If it is wrong to Jhatka animals to consume their flesh and utilise their by products, how is it then justified for the Khalsa fauj, as instructed by the guru to assist in political battles in favour of mogul rule over Hindustan, which have nothing to do with sikhi and obviously then resulted within the slaughter of soldiers on both sides due to political wars?

Maybe dhan dhan Baba khanaya ji could have used something other than a animal by product to carry his pure water to all the fallen shoulders.

The concept of nirgun and sargun, the basis of sikh philosophy are heavily being over looked, confusing the Semitic ideology of "death" with sikhi, we now fail to understand that the sargun roop of akal purakh waheguru which is within every living being cannot simply "die".

WJKK WJKF

Still waiting for a response from a vegetarian brother or sister.

Edited by sikhiseeker

sikhiseeker ji,

i doubt u wud get an answer from any viashnava as sikhs are not vaishnav :D

i agree with ure post and the post i made earlier is quoted

but all i say is that eating meat for svaad is not gurmat. Eating meat has been for survival (that too self jhatka :P and not going to market and buying chaanp or leg piece from shops or kfc or frozen, total unbibek), during jang times if needs arises. else satoguni bhojan is best for spiritual upliftment.

WJKK WJKF

and Lucky ji .. no to khulla maas!!

infact from my vichar with gursikhs.. first of all saada simple plain bhojan (so ofcourse meat, fried food, spicy, too sweet are out), if because of medical conditions u need to eat meat for some time then u can (avoid khulla maas if u can), and of course i guess during jung times for survival as per our history.

WJKK WJKF

Kabir : You say that the One Lord is in all, so why do you kill chickens?

I have always wondered about this, because Muslims do not believe that God lives in all. They believe he is separate from creation.

Stop being so specious, are you a muslim or a sikh? Why are you mixing up the two religions, honestly, there is no end to people like you in our Faith. Your incredulousness is so damaging that words fail me!

Sikh Gurus did prohibit imbibing any kind of flesh so don't mix up the muslim religion with the sikh religion. It is people like you that confuse not only the other fellow sikhs but also the whole world. Why do we keep hearing from other sikhs one does not have to surrender to the Amrit and the panj piyaareys or even wear a turban or the five kakkaars to be a sikh till this day? By questioning everything the sikhs have been told to do by the Gurus has led to a fine example of argumentum ad populum!! This kind of attitude has led to a bunch of benighted morons within the greatest Faith in the world and it is not only appalling but it should also be made punishable! No sikh or non sikh should be allowed to mistinterpret what the Gurus taught! Anyone doing so should be ostracized from the Panth and brought to justice.

Honestly, people ought to stop changing the precepts of sikhism as and when it suits them. Sikh Faith is not a culture for all and sundry to change it like they do with the punjabi culture by adding vapid and disjointed elements to it as the years, months and weeks go by.

I know the punjabi culture has become decadent and rubbish please don't do the same to the great sikh religion.

Edited by karma

What about the people who hide behind the teachings but make no effort whatsoever to be physically capable like a Singh is supposed to be?

Like all those pot bellied granthis.

You know yourself, as per Giani Gian SIngh's observations, it was a norm for Sikhs to be physically training in martial arts before annexation. This was a continuation of practice put in place by dasmesh pita - the tyaar bar tyaar thing people talk about. How comes so many people excuse away laziness and cowardliness by hiding behind the 'teachings'?

The consequences are obvious - Sikhs regularly getting their arses kicked and their girls being abused under their noses.

That being said - I think the message has started to get through to keshdhari Sikhs in London, these days I see a fair few that look like they seriously train it out on the tube. It's about time too....

Too many 'Singhs' have been like the lion in The wizard of Oz

tin-man-scarecrow-and-dorothy-comfort-co

How about spreading the message across the entire earth what a singh/singhani is suppose to be or look like? Half the times when you are travelling by air they view you with suspicion at the airports. In France life is not easy for someone who dons on a turban on his/her head! They are still murdering sikhs in countries like the USA. What is the point in having too many hot headed figures in the panth when they can't even protect or support their fellow sikhs in trouble.

Showing off and bragging about how many hours one trains at the local gym is not going to get us anywhere! We need deep thinkers and intelligent brains in the panth who can speak up about sikhism in public places and not become intimidated by challenges and uncertainties they may face in the modern world!

To be honest I have yet to come across such a one who can do all this. We desperately need deep and refined thinkers to take us forward.

Edited by karma

How about spreading the message across the entire earth what a singh/singhani is suppose to be or look like? Half the times when you are travelling by air they view you with suspicion at the airports. In France life is not easy for someone who dons on a turban on his/her head! They are still murdering sikhs in countries like the USA. What is the point in having too many hot headed figures in the panth when they can't even protect or support their fellow sikhs in trouble.

Showing off and bragging about how many hours one trains at the local gym is not going to get us anywhere! We need deep thinkers and intelligent brains in the panth who can speak up about sikhism in public places and not become intimidated by challenges and uncertainties they may face in the modern world!

To be honest I have yet to come across such a one who can do all this. We desperately need deep and refined thinkers to take us forward.

Where do you propose we look for these 'deep thinkers' you keep mentioning in your post? The sikh religion does not comprise deep thinkers because its people are not strong enough about their own convictions in the Guru. In other words they have no confidence in the Guru or themselves. They question everything the Guru says so, how can they be fully grounded in who or what they believe? They are not firmly rooted and that is why the religion is taking a direction which is totally unpredictable and confusing.

Edited by SatpalM

sikhiseeker ji,

infact from my vichar with gursikhs.. first of all saada simple plain bhojan (so ofcourse meat, fried food, spicy, too sweet are out), if because of medical conditions u need to eat meat for some time then u can (avoid khulla maas if u can), and of course i guess during jung times for survival as per our history.

WJKK WJKF

First tell this to all Gurudwaras to serve simple food in langar. Langars are becoming veggies parties and people preach people to eat simple food

sikhiseeker ji,

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

sorry for the typo, was meant to write vegetarian but auto correct was on. Changed it now and hopefully some one will reply.

Thanks