Arrogant Hindu Politician Defeated In Us Congress Elections

tonyhp32

I will remember not to vote for this person.

Sikhs dump Ame Bera over 1984 riots

The horrific 1984 anti-Sikh riots may be a fading memory in India, but they remain current here in the United States, are now an election issue in a congressional district in California.

Ami Bera, the only Indian American in US congress, is seeking a second term from this district and is faced with revolt from the Sikh community that had voted for him in 2012.

“Do not vote for Congressman Ami Bera,” read a flyer that went out recently to all members of this community in California’s congressional district No 7, Bera’s constituency.

“Congressman Ami Bera is denying the truth about the November 1984 Genocide of Sikhs in Delhi,” it went on.

“He refuses to acknowledge that the Indian government was responsible for the rape, torture and murder of thousands of Sikhs.”

Bera, a Democrat, is in a tight race, and needs every vote.

There are around 6,000 Sikh voters in California 7, which is a sizable number for a constituency divided equally among Democrats and Republicans.

The man running against Bera, Doug Ose, is a Republican who has served three terms in the House of Representatives. And he has come out on the right side of the 1984 test.

“It was clear that what the (Indian) government did was wrong and the fact that nobody was held accountable is inexcusable,” Ose has said.

There was no response from Bera’s campaign to several mails and phone messages. And some of his advisers reached by email had not responded till the filing of this report..

A body of US-based Sikhs sent serving and aspiring officials a questionnaire in April asking them a set of questions to test their position on issues considered important by the community.

Two of them were about the 1984 riots:

1. Do you agree that thousands of Sikhs were murdered in India in November 1984 with the assistance of or lack of intervention by political parties, law enforcement, military or members of the government?

2. Would you, as a Member of Congress, seek to remember and acknowledge the pogroms against Sikhs in November 1984, pursue justice for the victims, and work to ensure it does not happen again?

Bera didn’t answer the questions in “yes” or “no” as required. And in a longer response to the second, he said there is no place for “such violence in a free society”.

That didn’t go down well.

“As a longtime supporter of Dr. Bera, I am shocked and disappointed that he is the only congressional representative in the Sacramento area that has refused to acknowledge that the Indian government was responsible for the November 1984 slaughter of thousands of Sikhs,” said lawyer Amar Shergill

Edited by karma

good question.

Sikhs fighting for elections in the US should be asked this question too. Do they condemn Sikh terrorism which charred the indian state for 15 years leading to the killings of tens of thousands of civilians? Do they support glorification of terrorists and terrorism in Gurudwaras? if the answer is yes, these politicians should be put on terror alert list.

We condemn killing of innocent civilians but not the types of Harbans Lal and Jagat Narain.

Great, the Ami guy lost. Sucks for him.... Perhaps we should do a never forget 47 for the genocide of Punjabi Sufi Muslims by Sikhs... then the poor souls faced the same thing in their new home of pakistan by Gen Zia ul Haq.

why dont you have an article about your khalistani friend gurratan singh brother of khalistani jagmeet singh losing the election in brampton? keep indoctrinating the new sikh youth... none of you have the courage to do anything except talk on forums anyways.

Great, the Ami guy lost. Sucks for him.... Perhaps we should do a never forget 47 for the genocide of Punjabi Sufi Muslims by Sikhs... then the poor souls faced the same thing in their new home of pakistan by Gen Zia ul Haq.

why dont you have an article about your khalistani friend gurratan singh brother of khalistani jagmeet singh losing the election in brampton? keep indoctrinating the new sikh youth... none of you have the courage to do anything except talk on forums anyways.

haha you sound so jealous and bitter! gurratan only lost about by couple hundred votes and that is because his votes split with thind. gurpreet and harkirat won what you gotta say about that? u mad no hindus won?? lol....phuddu kid talking smack online probably got bullied by sikhs in high skool lol

Jagmeet Singh? LOL!

I had the opportunity to ask him some pointed questions about some of his more questionable friends. He had no answer. For my part we went around to some of the temples and told people not to vote for people like Hansra or Jagmeet Singh.

Their whole purpose is to get into India as part of a trade delegation or something and run around. Luckily, both of them cannot get in. Both may never see Punjab again.

Sher , Hindustani

Is your aim only to score points ?

What are you doing actively to help the 40,000 killed , their families , relatives ?

How are you seeking justice for the families of the 40,000 killed ?

Have you filed cases to the Police with these events ?

If so what is /was the outcome ?

As you know 1000's of innocent Sikhs were killed , went missing for no reason at all

Sher

I knew you would twist it ?

have you ever protested against such gross violation of the basic human values?

Where in Punjab no , theres so much corruption there you stand up for justice , the Police torture you , frame you , lay down false allegations against you . Here in the UK yes I have.

Now you have to understand and realise , the Why question again ?

Why would a fellow Sikh kill another fellow Sikh ?

Why ?

In your VIEW the portraits are in Gurudawaras of killers, for others portraits of the Sikhs who stood up to get peoples rights

who stood up because they wanted to make a difference , who stood up because they had enough , who stood up because brothers and sisters were being killed and raped for no reason , who stood up because they were hurt from these events and wanted to make a difference.

Have you ?

Sher

I knew you would twist it ?

Where in Punjab no , theres so much corruption there you stand up for justice , the Police torture you , frame you , lay down false allegations against you . Here in the UK yes I have.

Now you have to understand and realise , the Why question again ?

Why would a fellow Sikh kill another fellow Sikh ?

Why ?

In your VIEW the portraits are in Gurudawaras of killers, for others portraits of the Sikhs who stood up to get peoples rights

who stood up because they wanted to make a difference , who stood up because they had enough , who stood up because brothers and sisters were being killed and raped for no reason , who stood up because they were hurt from these events and wanted to make a difference.

Have you ?

Multiple ways to step up against justice. Obviously, the way you chose was wrong. It did not get anybody any further.

If you had started a peoples movement lead by knowledgeable, seasoned people instead of choosing someone with just good oratory skills the movement would have survived.

The government was more scared of your morchas then anything else.

Multiple ways to step up against justice. Obviously, the way you chose was wrong. It did not get anybody any further.

If you had started a peoples movement lead by knowledgeable, seasoned people instead of choosing someone with just good oratory skills the movement would have survived.

ever heard of a publication called "why i took ak47?".

read the interviews of young sikhs who having been beaten and tortured by police took to the gun to avenge themselves because the state was sanctioning the criminal behaviour of the indian security forces.

the morcha was a peoples movement, but the govt successfully turned it violent, with their uniformed thugs and criminals, and portrayed it as a violent separatist movement to the rest of the world.

ever heard of a publication called "why i took ak47?".

read the interviews of young sikhs who having been beaten and tortured by police took to the gun to avenge themselves because the state was sanctioning the criminal behaviour of the indian security forces.

the morcha was a peoples movement, but the govt successfully turned it violent, with their uniformed thugs and criminals, and portrayed it as a violent separatist movement to the rest of the world.

That is a slippery slope argument. I'm sure muslims in the UK can make the same argument.

" I blew up this subway station because my people were being beaten and tortured by the police"

Not that the Khalistanis didn't do their portion of torture and beatings as well.

The government turned the morcha violent OR you were looking to commit acts of violence. The truth is probably down the middle. Unfortunately, if you cannot get a hold of the movement or its direction then you had wrong leaders. Simple as that.

Gandhi, despite his faults, took the long ardous but proper way in raising, maintaining a movement. Same with Mandela despite ample provocation. An overall birds eye view is needed.

" I can commit this assassination or killing but it may put the movement and its objectives back several years, should I or should I not?"

Perhaps you need better leaders.

how could we? we were too busy counting our own dead, which was twice the fictitious amount of 40,000 you present.

Twice? I've heard 40,000, 50, 000, 250,000 and even 500,000 ? Which one is it?

Most observers believe upto 3500 hundred sikhs were killed in Delhi. Yet now I'm hearing 30,000 and now 37,000?

Can you give me some honest figures, I'm open to any discussion or changing my views.