Bearded "kaur"

Crystal

Okay back home... sorry but you guys DO have a tendency of looking at EVERYTHING through a very narrow looking glass as if everyone should be following the same RM.   

Myself personally I dont think tattoos are necessary. I got one when I was stupid and young.  I regret it now even though its not anything vulgar... its just a horse.  Anyway there are many Singhs I have seen with khanda tattoos, and even Ik Onkar (which I AM HIGHLY AGINST - gurbani as a tattoo is a HUGE NONO for me). But if these people are folliwng the SRM, then they really aren't going against anything. 

Yes there is the whole idea of changing the body from what God intended.... but in Gurbani that is somewhat of a grey area as we have seen with mention of medical issues.  Yes I think that hormone imbalance can and should be treated because excess hair is not the only thing it causes.  However as I understand it, once the excess facial hair is there, it wont go away even with hormone treatment at that point.  It will stop it from becoming worse but wont get rid of whats there.  So then what?  Removing kesh of any sort IS most definitely a bujjar kurehit.  Ideally the issue should have been treated before it got this bad... but now what does she do?  

I am not contesting that she does bask in the attention however... as I have actually spoken to her a few times. 

ps suggesting that the Singh who married her is a homosexual... that's just uncalled for. shame on you guys! 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

Satkirin can we talk about real world ? Would you knowingly marry a man who cross dresses ? Who puts on make up like a female and waxes his body?

Someone gets attracted when he/she finds the personality interesting . The manly look harnaam carries would obviously attract homosexuals ...99.99% of men wouldnt be attracted to her . By saying it is uncalled for you yourself mean that you do not see homosexuals as equal.

I never said anything about homosexuals... What I said was that suggesting that the only men who would marry her would be closet homosexuals, is wrong. That is basically the same as saying that she is ugly, that no man would be attracted to her.  I guess it shows how many Sikhs put physical beauty as being important.  A real Gursikh, would look past the physical looks to see her inner beauty.  I see lots of Singhnis, Amrtidhari women, young and old who also have some facial hair, not near that much, but still they have a visible little mustache.... and they also do not remove it. And they are married.... to Singhs.... who are most definitely interested in other men. I am in no way putting down homosexuals, just the comparison is suggesting that the man who mafrried Harnaam is not interested in women and so married her only because he wishes he was with a man.  That's wrong and whoever said that is basically calling Harnaam ugly.  

This in no way has anything at all to do with the fact that she is a bit of an attention seeker.... which I already knew.  

I never said anything about homosexuals... What I said was that suggesting that the only men who would marry her would be closet homosexuals, is wrong. That is basically the same as saying that she is ugly, that no man would be attracted to her.  I guess it shows how many Sikhs put physical beauty as being important.  A real Gursikh, would look past the physical looks to see her inner beauty.  I see lots of Singhnis, Amrtidhari women, young and old who also have some facial hair, not near that much, but still they have a visible little mustache.... and they also do not remove it. And they are married.... to Singhs.... who are most definitely interested in other men. I am in no way putting down homosexuals, just the comparison is suggesting that the man who mafrried Harnaam is not interested in women and so married her only because he wishes he was with a man.  That's wrong and whoever said that is basically calling Harnaam ugly.  

This in no way has anything at all to do with the fact that she is a bit of an attention seeker.... which I already knew.  

​My friend can we talk at actuals ? It may sound rude but the reality is ..normally no men would physically be interested in women with beards ..you are talking on the philosophical plane..there are are examples of men marrying acid attack victims too..it is not that the guy has some long standing affair with her ..all respect to Harnaam and her husband ..the homosexual angle is a possibility we are discussing ..its not for fun..what is there to laugh about it ..

​You mean homosexual attract toward ugly? The fact is straight male are attracted toward feminity of women O/w why can't one straight singh just marry another singh . people will say that I saw inner beauty in my friend so I want to marry him

Except that some on here say that intercourse is only for purpose of procreation.  And outside of that a husband and wife should not even have sex.  So where does that leave homosexuals? 

And don't try to back out of it now... you KNOW that statement was made as a joke to put her down. And I know that the Singh who married her is not a closet homosexual... in fact I remember her saying that they knew each other a long time, even when she used to shave the beard.  So he knew her before the facial hair.

ps suggesting that the Singh who married her is a homosexual... that's just uncalled for. shame on you guys! 

I said it, and it wasn't a slur. I was genuinely wondering. 

Don't take my ish out of context!

So these were from before she became Amritdhari? She said in there that the pics were from 'years and years ago'?? At least most recently, she says she is Amritdhari... so why hold what she did before she took Amrit against her?

Though I did just find out something interesting... she isn't married.  She did the bridal photo shoot as part of a self-image article.  So apparently there is no guy who loves her for how she is..... happy now? Does that make you feel good? 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

So apparently there is no guy who loves her for how she is..... happy now? Does that make you feel good? 

No it doesn't make me feel good. But I am wondering: who was that guy touted around as her husband to be?

No it doesn't make me feel good. But I am wondering: who was that guy touted around as her husband to be?

​The Singh in all the photos with her, is her biological brother.  

I do remember she WAS engaged though.  I saw the photos of the actual engagement function (she was wearing a pink salwar kameez).  And that was the Singh I remember reading about. Though I cant find a photo of him or even the engagement function photo anymore. So I guess it was called off?? 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

So these were from before she became Amritdhari? She said in there that the pics were from 'years and years ago'?? At least most recently, she says she is Amritdhari... so why hold what she did before she took Amrit against her?

​She said that she was amritdhari years and years ago, in which she had a gatra, not currently. I think you misunderstood.

​She said that she was amritdhari years and years ago, in which she had a gatra, not currently. I think you misunderstood.

​Ok so obviously she took Amrit and then decided she couldn't follow it any longer... anyway it makes no difference, personally attacking someone who isnt even here to defend herself, and attacking her for her looks is kind of un-sikh like don't you think? 

The point is that she is not keeping her beard because she is amritdhari or is following a certain maryada, rather she is doing it out of her own personal reasons.Obviously, everyone has freedom to look however they want. There is nothing wrong if she is feeling empowered by keeping a beard. But it is not due to a religious requirement, she just chose to keep it, that is all.

Basically, the idea was to refute your claims 1) that she is amritdhari 2) she was getting married... because you never seem to back down & keep on debating endlessly...lol

Edited by Ragmaala

• 2 months later...