Limit dasam granth authenticity debates on the forum to once a month- Need feedback?

SAadmin

Another request to admins:

Please get more strict on people who attack Gurbani (SSGGSJ/SDGSJ). This is a Sikh forum and it should not promote any cults (which applies to some AKJ/missionaries/followers of so-called SRM). Only Sikhism should be propagated on this forum.

Already many Gurudwaras in India are under sgpc control, where so-called SRM has been enforced. In some Gurudwaras, wrong prachaar is being done against Gurbani. These activities are greatly hurting Sikhism. At least, we have this online forum, which can be used as a tool to spread Sikhism, as taught by Satgurus.

DDT, Nihangs, Udhasis, Nirmalay, Sewapanthi, Nanaksar, etc, all need to unite and face this growing threat of amendments to our religion.

Bhul chuk maaf

Case in point!  Is this a Sikh forum or is this a DDT / Nihang / etc forum??

Missionaries and AKJ etc are JUST AS MUCH SIKH as DDT and Nihangs etc.  No attacks should be allowed on them either!  There are many who consider DDT to be a cult as well. So ALL sects and viewpoints should be encouraged if this is a SIKH forum.  If it's a DDT forum, then please change the name to indicate as such.

SRM is the panthic maryada and also should not be denigrated by people such as Paapiman who thinks Sikhism is only these certain sects / cults.  This should not be allowed, if no debate or comments on DDT etc are allowed then none should be allowed on Missionaries and AKJ etc either.  Or else thsi forum is propagating hatred between Sikhs of different sects. 

Bro, please do let me know about those assertions. Use Gurbani to prove me wrong. Daas is willing to learn.

Anyways. let's stick to the topic.

Bhul chuk maaf

I have used Gurbani to prove you wrong many times but you refuse to listen to it, or  as an excuse to ignore following it you claim that it was written only for Brahamgyanis.  You pick and choose what you want to follow, or interpret things only for your own agenda. 

Missionaries and AKJ etc are JUST AS MUCH SIKH as DDT and Nihangs etc.  No attacks should be allowed on them either!  There are many who consider DDT to be a cult as well. So ALL sects and viewpoints should be encouraged if this is a SIKH forum.  If it's a DDT forum, then please change the name to indicate as such.

SRM is the panthic maryada and also should not be denigrated by people such as Paapiman who thinks Sikhism is only these certain sects / cults.  This should not be allowed, if no debate or comments on DDT etc are allowed then none should be allowed on Missionaries and AKJ etc either.  Or else thsi forum is propagating hatred between Sikhs of different sects. 

If you read around you will see that in the past couple of months there have been critical discussions on the Damdami Taksal Rahit Maryada stance on female panj pyare without any interference. Likewise their leaders have been disrespected without any interference as well as their supposed lineages have been critically debated.
I dont think there have been much AKJ discussions recently.

So its a bit odd to say that Damdami Taksal are somehow treated as holy here in regards to the many discussions in the past couple of months.

I have used Gurbani to prove you wrong many times but you refuse to listen to it, or  as an excuse to ignore following it you claim that it was written only for Brahamgyanis.  You pick and choose what you want to follow, or interpret things only for your own agenda. 

Who is this?

Guest The Republic

Little knowledge is a dangerous thing.  Everyone needs to learn something on this forum and that is how to debate openly and without bias.  There is no point attacking each other just because you don't agree with them.  When I was at school we had to analyze books which were written long before our times and we had to be extremely careful how we presented our discussion.  Aristotle and Plato teach us a very precious lesson and that is to look at any argument with an open and unbiased mind before reaching any conclusions. I suggest you read them so to learn how to debate, argue or discuss.  You would probably need some in depth knowledge of how linguistics work.

I have to add:

I think Guru ji actually created (or sanctioned - if you like) certain texts to stimulate debate and discussion - and the way certain DG compositions (most especially CP) do just this is a sign of their resounding success in this department. 

Never thought if it that way Dally. Debates used to happen between Sikhs and others as we know from history.

Tark and Nijaj (debate and reasoning) are 2 of the fourteen gunn.

Neo another thing is the repetitive threads on identical subjects. Two to mention in recent days are "Prem Sumarg " and Aghori Sadhus".

1. POsters need to use search function to see what material exists prior to creating threads with the same substance.

Bro, there is content on Aghoris on the forum. Daas asked "Is there any mention of "Aghori" Sadhus in Gurbani?"

Bhul chuk maaf

hahahaha.

Gurbani has proved her wrong.

Bhul chuk maaf

What was that????

ActuallyGurbani has proved you wrong, but you choose to ignore it. 
Show me even ONE spot where Gurbani sprooves me wrong... show me even one spot where Gurbani says males are superior to females and that females are to be subordinate. There is no shabad which condones that! On the contrary there are MANY MANY which say the opposite. I have successfully proved you wrong on many counts with Gurbani.  You surreptitiously choose to ignore those posts, or conveniently claim all those shabads are only instructions for Brahamgyani, thereby in your mind absolving you of any requirement to follow it.  Here are just a FEW I could post several pages worth!

P 599  Line 2
"As Gurmukh look upon ALL with single eyes of equality for in each and every heart the divine light is contained" (This is instruction for ALL not a Brahamgyani)

P 499 Line 12
"They look upon all with equality, and recognize the supreme soul, the Lord, pervading among all."

P 1020 Line 15
"You yourself are the male, and you yourself are the female" (God IS the male AND female - we as separate beings are an illusion)

P 93 Line 18
"O Ravi Daas, one who understands that the Lord is equally in all, is very rare." (well, this is obviously true - and no doubt you are not one of these rare ones)

P 1103 Line 18
"Giving up the different schools of philosophy, I look upon all equally; I meditate only on the One Name" (Give up on philosophies of different schools of thought - realize that everyone is equal and meditate on naam instead of trying to split humans into male/female and push Singhnis down into men's shadows as inferior. This is also instruction for ALL not a Brahamgyani)

Page 50, Line 14
"Through 8.4 million incarnations you have wandered, to obtain this rare and precious human life." (Notice it doesn't say male life but HUMAN life, meaning humans are all equal - any human life is rare and precious, it's our chance to meet God, in THIS lifetime, gender does not come into it or else it would say "to obtain this rare and precious male life")

P 219 Line 6
"The body is false, but they believe it to be true; it is like a dream in the night." (This body is false... including it's gender)

Ok now prove me wrong!  And keep in mind I have MANY more instances to prove my point using Gurbani.  And NONE are taken out of context of the shabad!!!

accepted but would it have been better to have asked this question in existing topic or start another topic ?

Bro, general information on Aghoris and Aghoris in Gurbani (if any), will fall under different sections. One topic, with all information on Aghoris is also not a bad idea. 

Bhul chuk maaf

accepted but would it have been better to have asked this question in existing topic or start another topic ?

Yes i totally agree with chatanga veer on this.

Pappiman veer, please search the function on the forum before opening up new topics to avoid duplicates, its not a big deal but just small caution to avoid duplicates which help us further to streamline posts/topics.

The Forum seems to goes through trends...
A while back it was a bunch of rss types attacking sikh sentiments, and constant attacks against Sant Ji, and shaheeds....
Then it was about Panj Pyares and feminism (or equality don't start an argument here :/) and debates against the authenticity of Damdami Taksaal lineage and questioning the Mahapursh.
Now it is Constant Debates Against Sri Dasam Granth....

It is every single one of uses jobs to counter this.... The viable option seems to be to simply just put in actual useful threads in forum sections... For every post we make in a debate we should also be speaking on good spiritual threads.... The Bhagti, Gurbani, Simran sections are fllourishing still so we need to post useful things in the general and questions etc. sections...

What do you think?

Pappiman veer, please search the function on the forum before opening up new topics to avoid duplicates, its not a big deal but just small caution to avoid duplicates which help us further to streamline posts/topics.

Bro, your point makes sense, but you do realize that some topics have many pages to it. The question daas asked, could possibly have a simple answer (no).

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Guest RSS_turned_into_DDT

Has anybody else noticed how once the RSS attackers faded away a certain poster claiming to be DDT started pushing his so-called beliefs. Seems pretty obvious that the forum has gotten played for fools by a Hindu pretending to be DDT.  The troll's way to attack Sikhi is by pretending to be a Sikh. Wake up Singho!

Has anybody else noticed how once the RSS attackers faded away a certain poster claiming to be DDT started pushing his so-called beliefs. Seems pretty obvious that the forum has gotten played for fools by a Hindu pretending to be DDT.  The troll's way to attack Sikhi is by pretending to be a Sikh. Wake up Singho!

If thats a case guest ji, you should post more often either via guest id or registered id to save the forum from rss attacks by posting tat gurmat. 

Read the above post properly. It says "some". There are some AKJ and Missionary Singhs, who believe in all Gurbani (Sri Raagmala Sahib, SDGSJ, etc).

People, who insult any part of Gurbani, are heretics and should not be allowed to spread their false propaganda on this forum.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Read the above post properly. It says "some". There are some AKJ and Missionary Singhs, who believe in all Gurbani (Sri Raagmala Sahib, SDGSJ, etc).

People, who insult any part of Gurbani, are heretics and should not be allowed to spread their false propaganda on this forum.

Bhul chuk maaf

Many Sikhs do not believe Dasam Granth is Gurbani (at least parts of it) and to us, it's blasphemous to associate something false to our Guru Ji.  And from what I have been reading of your posts you are the one who seems to be spreading false propaganda. You seem to have a real fascination with the Occult which is against Gurmat and is not in any way a part of Sikhi. And you really seem to want to denigrate women, and consider them as beneath you. You are the one who seems to have some sort of agenda. 

Many Sikhs do not believe Dasam Granth is Gurbani (at least parts of it) and to us, it's blasphemous to associate something false to our Guru Ji.

Let me correct or rephrase the above misguided statement, many reformist and revisionist sikhs don't beleive in full sri dasam granth sahib as gurbani. Traditional sikh orders such as (Nihang, DDT, 3ho-udasi influence, udasi, nirmale, hazoori sikhs from hazoor sahib, five pillars of sikhism- five takths and its jathedar) all beleive in sri dasam granth being full gurbani, there is no question about it as they understand multi aspect divine, absolute- relative framework behind it.

Edited by N30 S!NGH