Any simran conferences or E-simran place?

Vaheguroo ji,

There is a website I know, mysimraninfo which does Simran conferences two times a day. I tried two times But I guess I was the only one lol. I know everybody has different schedule and different timing But there is not a single source where people can tune in and can join the Naam simran?. Like an online source, where people can get on conference calls and we can have one person who can make us sit together to do Naam simran. I know there are many audios and live gurdwara sahibs broadcast but nothing works better than having a Guide or teacher, for my monkey mind especially which gets really heavy with spiritual acts one day and spend other days just reading about it rather than doing it, which I am doing at this very moment

Sikhi should not become a business but if any person is willing to create and sell something Like E-sangat type of Simran, I am willing to buy lol. The mysimraninfo conference call idea is great But maybe because of timing nobody tune in. But when we go on youtube BOS, so many people check in the live stream but they are about giving information no Naam Simran.

I am not from UK or Canada where I always see so much Naam Simran happening,My cousin told me how In canadian Gurdwara sahib Naam simran is always happening and they have so many Gurdwara sahib too, we have one very far away. In Amreeka, nobody care, we are doomed spiritually, somebody needs to save us lol

Thank you, if said anything wrong sorry.

Have you started doing naam simran and have an idea of how to be proceeding?..............there is some very useful material on the forum that you can use to get going with some techniques.. Then it's a matter of scheduling some fixed routines to keep going.

Good luck!

17 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Have you started doing naam simran and have an idea of how to be proceeding?..............there is some very useful material on the forum that you can use to get going with some techniques.. Then it's a matter of scheduling some fixed routines to keep going.

Good luck!

I do naam simran but usually do it with some sort of video. I get feeling and love for vaheguroo when I do naam simran in that way rather than doing it all by myself. I tried doing it without any form of external method and my mind refused to go along. Sometime I do it while walking where with inhale I say vahe and exhale guroo. This method brings so much peace though. Thank you for the guidance. 

19 minutes ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

I have to say that nam simran during Amrit vela in company of Sangat at our gurdwara when we had samagam was hugely powerful. 

How close is the gurdwara to you? Maybe suggest a program to do it there? 

It's like 50 mins away and the gurdwara sahib I go to has no knowledge of naam simran. Even on Sunday, most of the people chill in langar hall while ragis are doing kirtan. I used to be one of those people so not blaming them lol but I have to do it on my own, I was trying to find an easy way out I think lol 

Gurpreet i feel what you are feeling and i too am in the same phase ..however i have overcome the feeling to have anyone ..it took time and still do start yearning for sangat at times...i might have mentioned this before in another post and am saying this again..say if you doing simran of the Mool Mantar ..try visualizing every word..

Ek Oankaar - The huge sky with lots of prakash

Satnaam - Here you could visualize Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj raising his finger, there are paintings in the pose which symbolizing Him indicating that the Naam is the Sat the Truth

Karta Purakh - Visualize the world engrossed in their duties and light flowing in the directly enveloping the world, which means that with the grace of Waheguru everything is happening .

Nirbhau - Blank silence ..fields with breeze blowing ..no movement

Nirvair - same like Nirbhau

Akaal Moorat , Ajuni Saibhang  - I again visualize the huge sky with bright Prakash here

Guru Parsaad - Visualize the Guru Sahibaan bestowing their blesing on you

Jap . Puase a bit possibly no thought

Aad Sach Jugaad Sach Hai Bhi Sach Nanak Hosi bhi Sach - Visualize the Whole Universe with all the planets the earth ..and Guru Nanak dev ji in meditative pose

I am no expert but i am just giving my 2 cents just as how i feel...sometimes i visualize all of this sometimes just focus my mind on my words ..if this is helping you well and good.

7 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

It's like 50 mins away and the gurdwara sahib I go to has no knowledge of naam simran. Even on Sunday, most of the people chill in langar hall while ragis are doing kirtan. I used to be one of those people so not blaming them lol but I have to do it on my own, I was trying to find an easy way out I think lol 

Well, I don't think there hs to be certain way to specifically do it.  In UK there is a program where they do simran for 12 hours straight. (not the same person! LOL) DIfferent people take turns.  They all do it their own way.  One group called Acapella Jatha, did it their own unique way and is one of the most beautiful I have ever heard.  They use a piano keyboard rather than harmonium, and it makes it way more relaxed.  Others like a group called Qi Rattan do it by guitar.  The point is to repeat Gods name.  As long as it's done with devotion, I don't think it you are being graded on it.  Nor do I think you even need an instrument with it.  Just do it from the heart. 

Here is the one from Acapella Jatha.  Be sure to listen at least a few mins into it as the girls actually sing in harmony to each other. It's beautiful!  I have used this version to adapt it to my own way but I do it on guitar as I play guitar. 

6 hours ago, jaikaara said:

Gurpreet i feel what you are feeling and i too am in the same phase ..however i have overcome the feeling to have anyone ..it took time and still do start yearning for sangat at times...i might have mentioned this before in another post and am saying this again..say if you doing simran of the Mool Mantar ..try visualizing every word..

Ek Oankaar - The huge sky with lots of prakash

Satnaam - Here you could visualize Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj raising his finger, there are paintings in the pose which symbolizing Him indicating that the Naam is the Sat the Truth

Karta Purakh - Visualize the world engrossed in their duties and light flowing in the directly enveloping the world, which means that with the grace of Waheguru everything is happening .

Nirbhau - Blank silence ..fields with breeze blowing ..no movement

Nirvair - same like Nirbhau

Akaal Moorat , Ajuni Saibhang  - I again visualize the huge sky with bright Prakash here

Guru Parsaad - Visualize the Guru Sahibaan bestowing their blesing on you

Jap . Puase a bit possibly no thought

Aad Sach Jugaad Sach Hai Bhi Sach Nanak Hosi bhi Sach - Visualize the Whole Universe with all the planets the earth ..and Guru Nanak dev ji in meditative pose

I am no expert but i am just giving my 2 cents just as how i feel...sometimes i visualize all of this sometimes just focus my mind on my words ..if this is helping you well and good.

Thank you, will try that. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Well, I don't think there hs to be certain way to specifically do it.  In UK there is a program where they do simran for 12 hours straight. (not the same person! LOL) DIfferent people take turns.  They all do it their own way.  One group called Acapella Jatha, did it their own unique way and is one of the most beautiful I have ever heard.  They use a piano keyboard rather than harmonium, and it makes it way more relaxed.  Others like a group called Qi Rattan do it by guitar.  The point is to repeat Gods name.  As long as it's done with devotion, I don't think it you are being graded on it.  Nor do I think you even need an instrument with it.  Just do it from the heart. 

Here is the one from Acapella Jatha.  Be sure to listen at least a few mins into it as the girls actually sing in harmony to each other. It's beautiful!  I have used this version to adapt it to my own way but I do it on guitar as I play guitar. 

Yea love acapella jatha and gursevak jatha. Their new simran at guru har rai gurdwara sahib is beautiful. You should make a video while doing it with guitar. I always like when when there is western twist to the kirtan and simran. Snatam Kaur was the first white girl I ever seen as a Sikh and especially doing kirtan. I was baffled and then learned about 3HO and I was more baffled. Lol found out so many white people( lack of better term) being Sikh, don't really agree with their whole technique about gurbani as mantra but if that helps people no harm.  

And true no one will grade me, human mind is crazy especially mine. It spend most of the time learning techniques rather than doing it. If I throw away all the distraction and just sit and use any method it will work lol

Some wise man said that human always keep collecting techniques  and never use them. Lol

Thats why I just grab m guitar and start playing / singing "waheguru" over and over trying different chord runs. But as I said, you dont even need an instrument. You don't need to be on key, or worry about what people think.  Find a place where it's you alone, try at amrit vela. And just sit there eyes closed and start singing waheguru. There really is no need to make it complicated LOL. Like Nike says just do it! Even 10 mins a day has huge benefit!

As for 3HO though I am not 3HO member, I have no problem with what they do, so long as they take care in not disrespecting SGGSJ. Like putting back to SGGSJ while teaching a yoga class. Or bowing to idols, or openly supporting Amritdhari Couples marrying around a Hindu sacred fire with red dots on their forehead (in Rishikesh - the photos of which are available online) or showing 3HO Amritdhari members doing shiv lingam worship (photos also available online). Using gurbani as mantra I don't have a problem with... I often repeat Mool Mantra over and over with guitar (same way Acapella Jatha does it) as well or aad guray nameh (like Singh Kaur - now deceased - did it). --- However as you know I am huge supporter of how they have females as Panj Pyaras ;) photos of that is also available online! Myself I don't follow any specific Jatha. Just Sikh Rehet Maryada. I took Amrit at a historical Gurdwara in Kashmir not associated with any jatha or sect - Gurdwara Chatti Patshahi in Srinagar. (btw even though the panj pyaras that day were males, they spoke directly to us women that day saying there is nothing in Gurbani saying we can't attain same level as males and they WANT (acctually support and desire) to see some of us women who were there that day taking Amrit, in their place someday administering Amrit as Panj Pyaras. ;) So there is no 'fight' there (reference your other post - we dont need to get back into it just wanted to say...LOL). Many Singhs DO in fact support us on equal level! And hearing it from them (actual males) is HIGHLY encouraging and empowering!!!!!  Just the naysayers seem to be louder on the internet haha!!!

Back to simran, that and trying to learn shabads (mostly from acapella jatha) is how I have been trying to improve my pronounciation of gurbani.  Its good practice, and small errors (blame it on my Canadian accent) are usually easier hidden when you are singing :) My FAVOURITE shabad is Ho Bal Bal Jao and I learned it like Acapella Jatha do it (google it - its amazing!!!) Again I use guitar while they used harmonium in that one.

There will be Simran Samagam starting in my local Gurudwara broadcasted live video . It will start 12th January 2016 to 20 Feb 2016 in the memory of 40 mukte. It has been going on for the past 10-12 years.  Here is the schedule, toronto local times.

3-4:30: Sukhmani Sahib Path

4:30- 5:30 am Waheguru Jaap

7-8 pm Waheguru Jap

Here is the website :http://livestream.com/accounts/1113722/malton

And the president of Malton Gurdwara who conducts these himself is very chardikala, he has the Dhun of Naam going on inside him, you can tell when he shares his experiences with sangat.

3 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

There will be Simran Samagam starting in my local Gurudwara broadcasted live video . It will start 12th January 2016 to 20 Feb 2016 in the memory of 40 mukte. It has been going on for the past 10-12 years.  Here is the schedule, toronto local times.

3-4:30: Sukhmani Sahib Path

4:30- 5:30 am Waheguru Jaap

7-8 pm Waheguru Jap

Here is the website :http://livestream.com/accounts/1113722/malton

And the president of Malton Gurdwara who conducts these himself is very chardikala, he has the Dhun of Naam going on inside him, you can tell when he shares his experiences with sangat.

Just realized timing is same so I'm glad . Thank you for the link, it will help me . 

6 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

There was an amrit vela 40 day chaleya organised by Bhai Gurpreet Singh. Each day there was at least 30mins worth of simran at the start. See their YouTube channel

AmritVela Chaliya (13thOct to 25th Nov,2015):

Thank you, I used to hear him long time ago. I will try the simran.

7 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Thats why I just grab m guitar and start playing / singing "waheguru" over and over trying different chord runs. But as I said, you dont even need an instrument. You don't need to be on key, or worry about what people think.  Find a place where it's you alone, try at amrit vela. And just sit there eyes closed and start singing waheguru. There really is no need to make it complicated LOL. Like Nike says just do it! Even 10 mins a day has huge benefit!

As for 3HO though I am not 3HO member, I have no problem with what they do, so long as they take care in not disrespecting SGGSJ. Like putting back to SGGSJ while teaching a yoga class. Or bowing to idols, or openly supporting Amritdhari Couples marrying around a Hindu sacred fire with red dots on their forehead (in Rishikesh - the photos of which are available online) or showing 3HO Amritdhari members doing shiv lingam worship (photos also available online). Using gurbani as mantra I don't have a problem with... I often repeat Mool Mantra over and over with guitar (same way Acapella Jatha does it) as well or aad guray nameh (like Singh Kaur - now deceased - did it). --- However as you know I am huge supporter of how they have females as Panj Pyaras ;) photos of that is also available online! Myself I don't follow any specific Jatha. Just Sikh Rehet Maryada. I took Amrit at a historical Gurdwara in Kashmir not associated with any jatha or sect - Gurdwara Chatti Patshahi in Srinagar. (btw even though the panj pyaras that day were males, they spoke directly to us women that day saying there is nothing in Gurbani saying we can't attain same level as males and they WANT (acctually support and desire) to see some of us women who were there that day taking Amrit, in their place someday administering Amrit as Panj Pyaras. ;) So there is no 'fight' there (reference your other post - we dont need to get back into it just wanted to say...LOL). Many Singhs DO in fact support us on equal level! And hearing it from them (actual males) is HIGHLY encouraging and empowering!!!!!  Just the naysayers seem to be louder on the internet haha!!!

Back to simran, that and trying to learn shabads (mostly from acapella jatha) is how I have been trying to improve my pronounciation of gurbani.  Its good practice, and small errors (blame it on my Canadian accent) are usually easier hidden when you are singing :) My FAVOURITE shabad is Ho Bal Bal Jao and I learned it like Acapella Jatha do it (google it - its amazing!!!) Again I use guitar while they used harmonium in that one.

Yea, I have been following acapella jatha since back in 2012. First shabad I heard was kach vigerya nahin haje jaag. Still my favorite. Thank you 

On January 8, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Satkirin_Kaur said:

I could not find message thingy to send your  message so will post here . Lol

https://m.soundcloud.com/sikh2inspire/jaap2015-day27-acapella-jatha

Longer version of it is on YouTube acapella jatha guru har rai gurdwara and it has chaupai sahib ji in the end. Might have heard it, so soothing 

P.s just realized cuz in not logged in lol