Why not do a Sikh Awareness 'conference' simran??

Some have mentioned wanting access to online simran etc. And we rely on ones from gurdwaras etc. But I know there is online streaming audio kind of like the gamers use... That can be used for online conferences. 

Why not have a time (make it weekends so more could attend) and have some take initiative to start simran for Sikh Awareness, and we could all join in since it's streaming??  

Each weekend maybe a different person could initiate and we could have different styles, I might even initiate sometime if I'm brave enough and do it with guitar... Someone else might start it with harmonium etc but since we could all hear each other we could interact live and do this together.

of course we are in different time zones so it wouldn't be Amrit vela everywhere but I think it would work really well!!! Then we could share our different techniques and ways to do it and take turns participating in each other's simran. 

I am soooo down to do this. I live in a non sikh city and I'm not old enough to drive to Brampton/Toronto so this will be perfect. 

I mainly do the same saas giras simran mysimran.info emphasizes. 

Maybe a feature could be added to this site? It could be available 24/7 and whenever someone is online they could jump in. 

2 minutes ago, HisServant said:

I am soooo down to do this. I live in a non sikh city and I'm not old enough to drive to Brampton/Toronto so this will be perfect. 

Maybe a feature could be added to this site? It could be available 24/7 and whenever someone is online they could jump in. 

Mysimran.info does have the conference call system. They do it 6 am/pm to 6:45am/pm. But nobody ever join them, I tried three times I was the only one in room lol. But feature here is a good suggestion, unless people start using it for debate lol .

I'm not sure... Admins would have to see if there is an audio chat option as an add in module to the forum software.  And then, it would have to have capability to have all mics keyed at once (like they use in gaming running behind the actual game so teams can chat real time to each other without having to take turns 'keying' their mics. It would only work if we can ALL do the simran together and can ALL hear everyone else. The rest is easy.. just setting a time. 

1 minute ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Mysimran.info does have the conference call system. They do it 6 am/pm to 6:45am/pm. But nobody ever join them, I tried three times I was the only one in room lol. But feature here is a good suggestion, unless people start using it for debate lol .

Yeah... as soon as debates start it's game over.

It won't happen cuz people are at different avastha on this forum lol . If that does not happen, we three can call mysimraninfo conference call, at least I won't be the only one in the room. Lol. It's so awk when you hear "introduce yourself" and I am like to whom? I am the only one here lol 

16 hours ago, HisServant said:

Where in Ontario are you?

On 1/28/2016 at 8:46 PM, HisServant said:

Waterloo, waheguru ji. Born and raised here lol

Bro, there is a Gurudwara in Wilmot (near Kitchener). Daas is pretty sure that you must be going there. There is good amount of Sangat there.

Is there any other Gurudwara in Waterloo/Kitchener area?

Bhul chuk maaf

2 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, there is a Gurudwara in Wilmot (near Kitchener). Daas is pretty sure that you must be going there. There is good amount of Sangat there.

Is there any other Gurudwara in Waterloo/Kitchener area?

Bhul chuk maaf

Yes there is a gurdwara in Kitchener area. Punjabi population has become heavy but Sikh population is still very slowly growing. We've tried Simran in the past but no one really came. It's mainly just Sunday morning diwan. There's almost no youth Sikhi though.