Blog: Vegruary- A month of vegetarianism

dalsingh101

On March 22, 2016 at 10:06 PM, samurai said:

lets end this now...you got pumped up by people around you.. i aint scared of no one..im willing to meet up with anyone to have it out..im not scared of loosing..as long as its not to fear..you happy bro?

Nobody pumped me

On March 22, 2016 at 10:11 PM, samurai said:

f'in hell.. i stayed up for this bullshit..im gone..

It's all cool. No harm done. 

Just everyone learn appropriate lessons and move on. 

On March 22, 2016 at 6:50 AM, samurai said:

@ work ...keep short an sweet..

it was me who kicked it off with 'innocent girl'' comment..the reaction wound me up quiet a bit.. as as u know from previous posts i tend to use my heart over head and come with the force''...

Training when recovering from a cold: A good or bad idea? 

Only people who train please respond. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Training when recovering from a cold: A good or bad idea? 

Good idea!!..but i feel cardio better then weights for recovery from cold..

you wont be able to do as much but atleast you've trained and sweated a bit out too..you may also feel more drained then usual post workout but thats normal

when ive got bad cold, after ive got through the first 1-2 bad days i will wrap up and go for run to sweat it out, always worked for me..it speeds up recovery...

14 minutes ago, samurai said:

Good idea!!..but i feel cardio better then weights for recovery from cold..

you wont be able to do as much but atleast you've trained and sweated a bit out too..you may also feel more drained then usual post workout but thats normal

when ive got bad cold, after ive got through the first 1-2 bad days i will wrap up and go for run to sweat it out, always worked for me..it speeds up recovery...

Just done some body weight training after a few days of cold. The worst of it seems over. I feel better for it. 

20 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

I come back from India and this topic has gone to hell lol. What the f happened? Why did raag mala change his name to gunhagar? Why are Gurpreet and samurai fighting? 

PS: How did the veguary go for you dally? Are you sticking with the diet?

image.jpg

How was your trip? Anything interesting to report? 

Vegruary was okay Singh but towards the end I was constantly exhausted. I'm not on a veg diet now, but try and regularly fit in veg days.

I think people trying to make the transition (meat to veg) might need to manage it more carefully than I did. I'm going to do another vegruary at some stage but this time I'm going to supplement with creatine and BCCA's and protein powder and see how that transpires. 

If you're not used to it, the change in diet can be dramatic in terms of energy levels and strength. Plus the whole thing of having  a new repertoire for cooking plays a part too.  

I think it's really great for shredding though. 

46 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

How was your trip? Anything interesting to report? 

Vegruary was okay Singh but towards the end I was constantly exhausted. I'm not on a veg diet now, but try and regularly fit in veg days.

I think people trying to make the transition (meat to veg) might need to manage it more carefully than I did. I'm going to do another vegruary at some stage but this time I'm going to supplement with creatine and BCCA's and protein powder and see how that transpires. 

If you're not used to it, the change in diet can be dramatic in terms of energy levels and strength. Plus the whole thing of having  a new repertoire for cooking plays a part too.  

I think it's really great for shredding though. 

Well my trip was pretty good. 

If you do another vege month then do get proper good quality supplements especially good creatine. The reason why the change can be dramatic is because of the lack of creatine that a vege diet offers. If you eat a healthy vege diet and take whey and creatine and always get enough protein the strength and power will still be there.

How did you feel mentally? We're you more calm or more peaceful? Or no major changes on the mental front?

37 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

How did you feel mentally? We're you more calm or more peaceful? Or no major changes on the mental front?

I felt infinitely more mellow and less aggressive, which isn't always a good thing (depending on the type of area you live in). 

But it was nice, I actually felt more mature. Less prone to taking impulsive actions. 

@samurai

You asked so...optimum-health-ultimate-creatine-monohyd

Just started taking this today.  Will try and report back on effects over next few days. 

How's your training going? What supps you on? 

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-creatine-optimum-health-creatine-monohydrate-500g

The reason why the change can be dramatic is because of the lack of creatine that a vege diet offers.

A purely veg branch of the family has recently had blood tests and pretty much ALL of the females there were anemic (low red blood cell count), I think this might  be a big issue for omnivores turning veg? 

@dalsingh101..good stuff bruv!! will be good to check your progress/review...

Yeh.. training is going sweat as...Just focused and i'm actually enjoying weights, which is a bit strange..3 days weights/3 days cardio (bag/skipping)

Im not taking any supps at all.. i've just stocked up on tuna and alot of breast chicken from meat shop... Having 4 meals instead of 3... 

Its true your not gonna get as big or lift as much if your not on supps but i suppose thats the compromise...i think  supps defo good idea if your goin on veg diet..

On 05/02/2016 at 6:22 PM, Singh123456777 said:

Maybe a cow but this year I'm gonna get two horses. We also have a lot of horse farms around us so it's easy to sell hay to them.

Bro keep us up to date with these horses.

I have started to take creatine over the last few days. I have not taken it for years. But now the warmer weather's here I intend to do a little more training than I did last year.It was a tense walk to the cupboard to check that it was monohydrate. It is.

43 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

I have started to take creatine over the last few days. I have not taken it for years. But now the warmer weather's here I intend to do a little more training than I did last year.It was a tense walk to the cupboard to check that it was monohydrate. It is.

Check the use by date on the crea if it's an old batch. Make sure it ain't well past it's date.