Interfaith Marriages question

Paapiman ji, you have humility but your thinking is not very right. This thinking will create blockage since you spend most of the time defending Gurmat principles ( which are so many by different sampardas) rather than loving and opening your mind.  When I was around 8, I was eating Langar and being a kid was not able to handle my Chunni, my chunni slipped from head and within a second, a very angry amritdhari man went, kuriyeh ser dhak apna. He said in such an anger, I cried at the spot. He walked away like some emotionless man and mom handled me lol. An image of religious people left a bad mark on my mind and I joined the people saying oh Religion is the reason of war lol. I know stupid example, but develop love for everybody regardless of anything. For a person you seem like a nice guy but your weird ideas for sikhi are something.

4 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

When I was around 8, I was eating Langar and being a kid was not able to handle my Chunni, my chunni slipped from head and within a second, a very angry amritdhari man went, kuriyeh ser dhak apna. He said in such an anger, I cried at the spot. He walked away like some emotionless man and mom handled me lol. 

That person did not behave like a Sikh, in the above case. He should have politely requested you or your mother.

Bhul chuk maaf

24 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, what do you mean by "getting bummed"? got tricked/fooled?

Bhul chuk maaf

The thing being spoken about in the newspaper I posted. 

You're proper cute hahahaha you crack me up

You know you've said 'cute' to describe him a few times now. I don't know if you know, but that expression (in England) is commonly used to indicate a physical attraction towards someone.

Like a guy might go (to a female): "I think you're really cute," which really means "I think you are really pretty."

You can use cute to describe a women to mean pretty/good looking, and to describe kids in the traditional meaning of the word - but a bloke using it to describe another bloke is trouble. 

This is just a heads up: Be careful not to come off as a homo by ever using it inappropriately when you visit here. 

You can thank me later. lol

2 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know you've said 'cute' to describe him a few times now. I don't know if you know, but that expression (in England) is commonly used to indicate a physical attraction towards someone.

Like a guy might go (to a female): "I think you're really cute," which really means "I think you are really pretty."

You can use cute to describe a women to mean pretty/good looking, and to describe kids in the traditional meaning of the word - but a bloke using it to describe another bloke is trouble. 

This is just a heads up: Be careful not to come off as a homo by ever using it inappropriately when you visit here. 

You can thank me later. lol

@amardeep - In Canada too, do not use the cute word for another man bro.

Bhul chuk maaf

Just now, amardeep said:

Hahahha sorry I did'n know that. Would it be homo also to call him sweet? lol

Gurprasaad im not homo.

That's proper gandu too! 

Just say 'funny'.  

If you ever called a bloke from the UK cute or sweet - they are likely to draw conclusions about you. 

And stop trying to woo paapiman. He needs toughening up and to be made street smart. lol 

8 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

PMSL...haha too funny man.. 

dalsingh aint taking no prisoners..lol

1 minute ago, samurai said:

PMSL...haha too funny man.. 

dalsingh aint taking no prisoners..lol

Nah man! I'm watching the brother's back!!

So many closet gandus about, he might end up attracting one inadvertently because of his ignorance of the idiomatic use of language. He's from some Scandinavian country and comes here occasionally.

I'm doing the brother a good seva man.  lol

36 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

When I was around 8, I was eating Langar and being a kid was not able to handle my Chunni, my chunni slipped from head and within a second, a very angry amritdhari man went, kuriyeh ser dhak apna. He said in such an anger, I cried at the spot.

This is a rampant problem. These mofos have no humility or humbleness. A sikhs words should pour out love .

11 minutes ago, Gunahgar said:

This is a rampant problem. These mofos have no humility or humbleness. A sikhs words should pour out love .

Even more so when talking to a kid whose not doing something majorly bad. 

12 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Even more so when talking to a kid whose not doing something majorly bad. 

This was 3 years back. I was 26. This was at a historical gurdwara in Patiala. I was taking a ishnaan, coming out, and just sat above the stairs as I was in rush to get my kachera changed. This old baba came running from no-where shouting at me. He was like dont you know your jhootha paani is going back into sarovar...there was no paani going into sarovar...plus I just went into sarovar with my whole body, how does that even make any sense.

Anyways, I was in a really tranquil mood before the ishnaan. Maybe that helped, that I didnt lose control . I just said to Baba Bhul gya ji 3-4 times, and he kept on saying the same thing. I wasnt even looking at him. I just looked at the Gurdwara and said Guru Teg Bahadur Ji Maharaj, if I made any mistake please forgive me. I didnt bother entertaining him much.

That def ruined my mood for days.

I dont get these kind of guys in India. Esp in India, if you show humility they consider it weakness. So if I go to India next time, I am going to show full on hankar just to keep them away lol.

2 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Paapiman ji, you have humility but your thinking is not very right. 

Sister, show me one Gurmukh scholar/Saint Scholar from any Samprada (be it Nanaksar, Nihangs, Taksaal, etc) who will deny the fact that non-Amritdharis (born in Sikh families) are Niguray.

Calling someone a Nigura, is not offensive always. It depends on your intention. Are you saying it to hurt someone's feelings or are you saying it as matter of fact? An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange. 

Bhul chuk maaf

48 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Sister, show me one Gurmukh scholar/Saint Scholar from any Samprada (be it Nanaksar, Nihangs, Taksaal, etc) who will deny the fact that non-Amritdharis (born in Sikh families) are Niguray.

Calling someone a Nigura, is not offensive always. It depends on your intention. Are you saying it to hurt someone's feelings or are you saying it as matter of fact? An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange. 

Bhul chuk maaf

The thing is you said that in order to be a sehajdhari sikh I have to be from a different religion. No matter how much love I have for sikhi, I am not even a sehajdhari sikh because I am born in a Sikh family.

Apparently that sikh family is not a sikh family since none of my family members are amritdhari. So what is my religion to begin with.? What is my ancestor's religion? As soon as a non amritdhari member was born in our lineage we were not sikh so in that case we are Hindu? Then that makes me a sehajdhari sikh right?

4 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

you know there are many people born in Sikh families who don't drink, eat halal and sleep around, have love for sikhi. Follow everything a good person is supposed to be. Don't call me non sikh just because I am not amritdhari and not Hindu. Umm rude lol

The people, who do not commit any of the 4 Bajjar Kurehits, but are non-Amritdhairs, can also be considered as Sehajdharis. Apologies, should have mentioned that earlier.

Sehaj has many meanings. One of them is slow. A person, who is slowly/gradually trying to become a Sikh, is a Sehajdhari too. 

Bhul chuk maaf

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:42 AM, N30 S!NGH said:

I personally don't think you should enforce rules too much as they would get turn off and go else where, i personally think rather energy should be spent rather doing actually parchar of anand karaj.

Why don't you have meeting with couples - at least two session on what anand karaj is before the actual ceremony. And at the anand karaj ceremony, leave with up to Guru Maharaj with ardas.

Education and explaining the significance of anand karaj is the key. All this other shouting and self made law enforcements isn't helping anyone. This also means to be educating the blinded moorakhs we find everywhere (including this forum) who claim to be practitioners of sikh justice.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:36 PM, paapiman said:

Guest jee - Anand Karaj ceremony is only meant for Amritdhari Sikhs. If your Gurudwara allows marriage of non-Amritdhari Sikhs, they should have no problem in allowing non-Sikhs to get married at the Gurudwara.

Without Rehat, there is no Sikhi

...............edited//////////........What gurdwara or maryada only allows marriage of amritdhari Sikhs?  Why do I get the impression from some samparda youths that hardcore brainwashing-->arab style is going on?

Paapiman That is Gurmat Rehet Maryada of Damdami Taksal. Meaning it only pertains to members of Damdami Taksal.  And even then it says 'should' - the wording does NOT say MUST.  But I am not surprised then that you consider everyone who are not Amritdhari as not Sikhs because that's in the damdami taksal maryada.  But even then, anand karaj section in damdami taksal's rehet maryada also says "A married person does not have permission to take amrit without their spouse" Meaning that even ddt do not hold it to be a strict rule that only amritdharis can be married since they made this provision! 

Majority follow the panthic rehet maryada however. And it does not say that non-Amritdharis are not Sikhs. As long as your follow the definition of a Sikh in the code of conduct. It says to believe in the baptism by tenth Guru but it doesn't say that if you have not taken baptism it means you are not Sikh.  So yes, as long as you are Sikh, and that according to the definition of Sikh in section I, you can be married by Anand Karaj.   However the definition of Sikh does say... the last line... that one must not owe allegiance to any other religion. That's where the issue of interfaith anand karaj comes in.