Sukha Maryada (use of Marijuana/Cannabis)

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Being illiterate that was my takeaway. 

What's the jist?

Basically an anti sukh-nidhaan position, brackets it with all other intoxicants. 

5 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

1583713707_padam_sikhsampadavli_sukhanidhaan.thumb.png.ffdc11d5b6a5b164304f7493f6fd5d61.png

Did you notice something in the second paragraph? The author makes it sound like ALL intoxicants are banned in that particular Rehatnama, but there is no reference to Afeem(Opium) in that verse.

Furthermore, Charas is different from Bhang.

Charas is made by rubbing the buds of the cannabis plant in hands while bhang is made by drying, grinding, and soaking the buds and leaves of the Cannabis sativa plant. Unlike charas, bhang is not used for smoking. 

Unquote[1]

[1] - | Drug Abuse and Addiction Information in India (rehabs.in)

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, Mooorakh said:

Devi devta, riddhi sidh, havan, alchohol ... are you really a sikh? 

• Sikhs are suppose to respect Devi Devte, not worship them.
  • A Sikh may use Ridhis Sidhis to selflessly help fellow human beings in need.
  • Gurbani Mantars are recited, when a Gurmat Havan is performed, not any other non-Sikh Mantars.
  • Consumption of Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Sikhism for the most part.

If you have any other concerns or questions regarding the above issues, then please post them in the relevant threads.

Thanks

Bhuk chuk maaf

9 hours ago, paapiman said:

Did you notice something in the second paragraph? The author makes it sound like ALL intoxicants are banned in that particular Rehatnama, but there is no reference to Afeem(Opium) in that verse.

Furthermore, Charas is different from Bhang.

It's from Bhai Desa Singh's rahit, and whilst I have the utmost respect for Padam and his scholarly contributions to the panth, I think this might be a case of Singh Sabha style selective quotations, because despite saying what it does in line 30, it goes on to say the following in line 31, which takes the whole argument in that article out. 

635441818_desarahitbhang.png.75d8567882db62b2b2f14d7bf04e622d.png

12 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Being illiterate that was my takeaway. 

If you're going down this path bro, you need to learn Gurmukhi. That'll take time and consistent effort. Took me a long while. Actually I'm still learning all the time, and that's after decades. 

42 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

It's from Bhai Desa Singh's rahit, and whilst I have the utmost respect for Padam and his scholarly contributions to the panth, I think this might be a case of Singh Sabha style selective quotations, because despite saying what it does in line 30, it goes on to say the following in line 31, which takes the whole argument in that article out. 

635441818_desarahitbhang.png.75d8567882db62b2b2f14d7bf04e622d.png

Look at the third line and the use of ਕਦੀ. That indicates that even having the afeem and bhang should be done 'sometimes' and not habitually. 

6 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

If you're going down this path bro, you need to learn Gurmukhi. That'll take time and consistent effort. Took me a long while. Actually I'm still learning all the time, and that's after decades. 

I know veer ji. I appreciate the motivation. Going through some life changes, and flourishing under stress. Quick testament to Naam Gurbani and it's power.  I should be dead doing what I do and going through what I am, but I'm not, I'm stronger evey day.  Burning rog every day. I've gone back to making sure I eat, and hydrate and breath, but working and Jaaping Naam, feeling Prem Bhagti, I have gone even without air for rediculous amounts of time. I linked the Gurmantar to breath to just make sure I would breath, otherwise it was like I just didn't have to, to the point it was scary, like I was walking dead.   I hope to start a more ernest and consistent study of Gurmukhi, using Japji as the rosetta stone and prepare myself for amrit. I'm not there yet but I've come a long way.

Greatly helped and sustained and educated by this Sangat, the treasure of Katha and Ithias, and most importantly Shabad Guru which I can't even read except in a devil tongue. I definitely need to learn Gurmukhi, and Guri. 

As open a book as I am, there have been some ...have to get back to it. Break over. 

Truly love and appreciate you all. 

22 hours ago, paapiman said:
  • Sikhs are suppose to respect Devi Devte, not worship them.
  • A Sikh may use Ridhis Sidhis to selflessly help fellow human beings in need.
  • Gurbani Mantars are recited, when a Gurmat Havan is performed, not any other non-Sikh Mantars.
  • Consumption of Alcohol is strictly forbidden in Sikhism for the most part.

If you have any other concerns or questions regarding the above issues, then please post them in the relevant threads.

Thanks

Bhuk chuk maaf

I don't agree to watever you post or say. Period. 

Sikhi is a marg to reach THE ALMIGHTY for me. Your kind of thinking is a rukawat. So 🙏 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

She'd have to pull her head out the sand to do it. 

Kind of reminds me of some christians, who think they're condescending jusgemental attitude makes them better than others. The hate your way to heaven approach. 

To be fair, I think the perspective she's pushing is needed, just for balance purposes. Otherwise (knowing Panjabis.....) they'd be getting off their heads all the time. It's good to have checking mechanisms. On the flipside, I wonder if all the historical quotes we've shared here makes her wonder if things weren't so black and white in the past?   

5 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

To be fair, I think the perspective she's pushing is needed, just for balance purposes. Otherwise (knowing Panjabis.....) they'd be getting off their heads all the time. It's good to have checking mechanisms. On the flipside, I wonder if all the historical quotes we've shared here makes her wonder if things weren't so black and white in the past?   

You ever notice the people who get angry at Sukha have no Sukh?

Sukhmani does not object to Sukha. It understands it fully. 

We can not confuse puritanism with purity. 

And if whatever so called self righteous people do was working for them they'd be happy and at peace with others. 

In my opinion the person who has no Sukh and hates Sukha is lying to themselves about their state. 

They think they're above it, but they're not, they're sinking. And they could use some Sukha to remember what Sukh even feels like. 

10 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I only believe that things were and are all white and bright where ever my Guru sahib is present.

4 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

You ever notice the people who get angry at Sukha have no Sukh?

Sukhmani does not object to Sukha. It understands it fully. 

We can not confuse puritanism with purity. 

And if whatever so called self righteous people do was working for them they'd be happy and at peace with others. 

In my opinion the person who has no Sukh and hates Sukha is lying to themselves about their state. 

They think they're above it, but they're not, they're sinking. And they could use some Sukha to remember what Sukh even feels like. 

Thas your version - an addicts' version of sukh. ((Sukhmani sukh amrit PRABH NAAm)) My sukh doesn't depend upon any drugs. A suhagan would only know the sukh of her husband's arms around her waist. You enjoy your nasha. I am all drenched in love n enjoying it. 

N @paapiman why can't you understand things in one go.. I don't slander you. I still pity you. - poor man has time - is however wasting it in reading n spreading falsehood. - if you had bibek budh to differentiate .... ! 

26 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

I only believe that things were and are all white and bright where ever my Guru sahib is present.

And I'm just saying better Sikhs than you and me (shaheeds no less) took sukh-nidhaan. Sikhs in their most troubled times did take it. That's fact based on Sikh sources. Make of it what you will. 

5 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

And I'm just saying better Sikhs than you and me (shaheeds no less) took sukh-nidhaan. Sikhs in their most troubled times did take it. That's fact based on Sikh sources. Make of it what you will. 

You weren't present then. I only agree to drugs as medicine that's it

I totally believe in Naam khumari n believe that Guru k singhs were all avastha waale. Guru himself NEVER EVER HAD OR PROMOTED ANY NASHA

The so called historical facts are about the warriors after Guru sahib's time, may be MAharajas or Gorays' soldiers like those of Saragarhi etc

12 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

N @paapiman why can't you understand things in one go.. I don't slander you. I still pity you. - poor man has time - is however wasting it in reading n spreading falsehood. - if you had bibek budh to differentiate .... ! 

Please go through the topics below (watch the video in the first link). You might then be able to understand Daas.

https://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/18263-nindya/?tab=comments#comment-168241

https://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16694-case-study-1-slander-ninda/?tab=comments#comment-148039

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

Did you consume the Parshad of Sukhnidhaan? If yes, how was it? 

Bhul chuk maaf

At that time I didn’t have enough information or knowledge so I was reluctant and hesitant to take it. Although I was curious about it. We were there around half hour and I did not see anyone taking the prashad. I did witness that they take bata of prashad inside takhat sahib for bhog.

I was just listening to the katha link I posted previously by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa and he mentioned that the shardai that goes for bhog does not have bhang/sukha in it. Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale also mentioned that there was a pujari who came from Brindaban who would do bhog to Maharaj, and the maryada got established of putting sukha in shardai.It was banned by the committee a long time ago. But we would need to check with current Jathedar ji, and local singhs who do sewa to find out if they still use sukha/ bhang in sukhnidhan.

This is something I will definitely find out or personally experience next time at Hazur Sahib 🙏🏽 I will take the prashad and see for myself.

3 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

This is something I will definitely find out or personally experience next time at Hazur Sahib 🙏🏽 I will take the prashad and see for myself.

And do share you experiences when you do please.

Just some advice, make sure someone is with you that doesn't take it so they can watch out for you, incase it's a bit strong for you.  

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

And do share you experiences when you do please.

Just some advice, make sure someone is with you that doesn't take it so they can watch out for you, incase it's a bit strong for you.  

Maybe in a year or 2 when I get a chance to go to India, given the recent times it might be a kong while.When they give parshad , they add water and its a huge baata, so very very diluted form. Plus if Sant Gurbachan Singh ji is right, it’s probably just Shardai without sukha. But will find out when I get there.