Sukha Maryada (use of Marijuana/Cannabis)

On 8/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, Mooorakh said:

I don't agree to watever you post or say. Period. 

Sikhi is a marg to reach THE ALMIGHTY for me. Your kind of thinking is a rukawat. So 🙏 

You can block me, if you want. In that case, you won't be able to see my posts.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...

@raagmala 

I was just listening to the katha link I posted previously by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa and he mentioned that the shardai that goes for bhog does not have bhang/sukha in it. Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale also mentioned that there was a pujari who came from Brindaban who would do bhog to Maharaj, and the maryada got established of putting sukha in shardai.It was banned by the committee a long time ago. But we would need to check with current Jathedar ji, and local singhs who do sewa to find out if they still use sukha/ bhang in sukhnidhan.

In response to this, Giani Inderjit singh Raqbe vale, student of Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindrawale share there own vichar about Sukha at Hazur sahib, Starting at 4:30.  I find it quite interesting that two students of Vadde Mahapurkh (both Sant Giani Mohan Singh ji and Sant Inderjit Singh Ji) have such differing views... I feel that the issue of Sukha is more subtle than we can interpret ourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXhCab_VZE 

1 hour ago, seattlesingh said:

@raagmala 

In response to this, Giani Inderjit singh Raqbe vale, student of Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh ji Bhindrawale share there own vichar about Sukha at Hazur sahib, Starting at 4:30.  I find it quite interesting that two students of Vadde Mahapurkh (both Sant Giani Mohan Singh ji and Sant Inderjit Singh Ji) have such differing views... I feel that the issue of Sukha is more subtle than we can interpret ourselves.

Indeed, that’s interesting. 
The only solution is we do the kamai ourselves to see the past events or have the kamai to have partakh darshan, and ask maharaj haha .

But once you have darshan, no questions shall remain.

11 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

What do you make of this from Dasam Bani bro?

ਸਾਧ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਪੁਰਖ ਕਮਾਵੈ ॥
Because of virtuous actions

ਨਾਮ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਜਗਤ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥
A purusha (person) is known as devta (god)

ਕੁਕ੍ਰਿਤ ਕਰਮ ਜੇ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਕਰਹੀਂ ॥
And because of evil actions

ਨਾਮ ਅਸੁਰ ਤਿਨ ਕੋ ਸਭ ਧਰਹੀਂ ॥੧੫॥
He is known as asura (demon).15.

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਥਾਰ ਕਹਾ ਲਗੈ ਬਖਾਨੀਅਤ ॥
If everything is described in detail

ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਬਢਨ ਤੇ ਅਤਿ ਡਰੁ ਮਾਨੀਅਤ ॥
It is feared that the description will become voluminous.

http://sttm.co/s/7468/76598

What do you mean bro?

Extremely good people are also known as Devtas.

Bhul chuk maaf

17 hours ago, paapiman said:

What do you mean bro?

Extremely good people are also known as Devtas.

Bhul chuk maaf

Or it could be a root explanation of the mythologisation of good and bad people into devtay/asuras? 

15 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Or it could be a root explanation of the mythologisation of good and bad people into devtay/asuras? 

Devi/Devte exist bro. There is no doubt about that. Their bodies are made of 3 elements (ours is made of 5). They also don't have any shadows.

Gurbani also calls a person, who dwells too much on the past, as a Bhoot (Ghost). That does not mean that Ghosts/Witches do not exist.

What is your opinion on Shaheed Singhs?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 8/16/2021 at 4:14 PM, seattlesingh said:

@raagmala 

Well there are other issues in the Panth too, on which different Jathebandis have opposing views.

For example. tea is a good example. Tea is used at Nanaksar (Bhog of tea is also done there), but some Bibeki Singhs are strongly against the consumption of tea. Nihang Singhs also call it "Dil Fookni".

Nihang Singhs consider tea to be a drug so do ayurveda experts http://www.joyfulbelly.com/Ayurveda/ingredient/Black-Tea/287

Caffeine shifts awareness from the heart chakra to the third eye. New trades routes brought caffeinated beverages to Europe creating an 'Age of Enlightenment' and ending the middle ages. Ayurveda comes from an older time where the mind was not separate from feelings and science was not separate from spirituality. Black tea is also a diuretic drying out vata kidneys and adrenal glands. Nihang Singhs call tea, dil phookani - heart burner....because it makes the dhyan go from the hirda (heart) to the buddhi - brain. Say no to legal highs!

Unquote[1]

[1] - So Caffeine Is A Drug. - WHAT'S HAPPENING? - SIKH SANGAT

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

In terms of Sikhs respecting them, what do you make of this from Prem Sumarag?

1103716915_premsumaragdevtaydevifood.thumb.png.e5c4ff1c4eb7223e1f128c9cb9335411.png

When the devi/devte do bhog of parsad, it becomes Jootha. I was told not to take the prasad as you are essentially taking their jooth. 

imo. In terms of respect, it probably means that we should not do their ninda, acknowledge their kamai, and see them more as our friends/siblings rather than Khasam. Suhagans have only one khasam, that is our Guru/Nirankar. 

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

For example. tea is a good example. Tea is used at Nanaksar (Bhog of tea is also done there), but some Bibeki Singhs are strongly against the consumption of tea. Nihang Singhs also call it "Dil Fookni".

I wonder if they did bhog of Cha during Baba Isher Singh Ji's time. Even though I drink tea sometimes , but I am not in favor of it.  I did witness Chaa in langar at Nanaksar Gurdwaras. Also, when we had path done in India, they did bhog of Milk, morning and evening.  

12 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

I wonder if they did bhog of Cha during Baba Isher Singh Ji's time. Even though I drink tea sometimes , but I am not in favor of it.  I did witness Chaa in langar at Nanaksar Gurdwaras. Also, when we had path done in India, they did bhog of Milk, morning and evening.  

Can't you find out?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 8/17/2021 at 10:44 PM, paapiman said:

Devi/Devte exist bro. There is no doubt about that. Their bodies are made of 3 elements (ours is made of 5). They also don't have any shadows.

Gurbani also calls a person, who dwells too much on the past, as a Bhoot (Ghost). That does not mean that Ghosts/Witches do not exist.

What is your opinion on Shaheed Singhs?

Bhul chuk maaf

Which three elements bhaiji?

On 8/18/2021 at 8:38 AM, Ragmaala said:

Daas confirmed with a Paathi Singh (associated with Nanaksar) that Bhog of tea was done during the times of Baba Nand Singh jee and Baba Ishar Singh jee.

@seattlesingh - So, as you can see bro that there was some differences between Sampradas. According to some, the issue of Tea might be seen as significant (IMHO, it is not).  Some Bibeki Singhs, strongly against the consumption of tea and on the other hand, we have Nanaksar Singhs doing Bhog of tea.

IMHO, that is why, all Sikhs must stick to the basic 4 Bajjar Kurehits, in order to maintain Panthic unity.

Four Bajjar Kurehats:

Hukka – Consumption of tobacco in any form.

Hajamat – Cutting hair (by any means) from any part of the body.

Halalo – Consumption of Halal meat in any form.

Haraam – Any form of sexual activity, outside of marriage.

Bhul chuk maaf

@paapiman I was just talking about someone regarding tea, and they said that they used to have something called desi chaa in old times, not like the commercial ones we see today. I have not personally seen desi chaa, most likely pure leaves without added color or other additives. 

There were also rumors back in the day that some people were adding tannin (from leather) and other colors to commercial teas, and also some tobacco in tea. Not sure if its still done. The pure tea is def expensive, and the ones we see commercially today have color and additives.  Probably thats the reason bibeki singhs started avoiding chaa, and it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

@paapiman I was just talking about someone regarding tea, and they said that they used to have something called desi chaa in old times, not like the commercial ones we see today. I have not personally seen desi chaa, most likely pure leaves without added color or other additives. 

There were also rumors back in the day that some people were adding tannin (from leather) and other colors to commercial teas, and also some tobacco in tea. Not sure if its still done. The pure tea is def expensive, and the ones we see commercially today have color and additives.  Probably thats the reason bibeki singhs started avoiding chaa, and it makes sense. 

khalsatea_nc.jpg.eb3aa1ba60bcad94f361249a63ed54f3.jpg