Sukha Maryada (use of Marijuana/Cannabis)

16 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Interesting point. 

People say Guru ji didn't do this, or didn't do that, or wouldn't do this or that. 

My thinking is that if they are manifestations of the divine source of creation, they can do what they want with what they've created. We aren't in the same boat. 

If Guru ji brought something in the mix, it wasn't for them, it was for us humans. 

Really only speaking to the last line, as the first are slightly different:

I think a lot about Guru Har Krishan Dev Ji.  And how in this drama of lights he chose to show us things like healing and helping others, with powers that he could have easily used to heal himself, but what a shining example to the benevolent and courageous child in all of us, that loves helping others, being unselfish, fearless, and willing to die to help others in the purest way, with the purest heart.  Clearly Guru Har Krishan Dev Ji could have done everything about his life differently, but he lived his life only to show us things and ease the suffering of those around him.

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

2057155724_premsumaragamal.thumb.png.5dd461feae5a08a0ed3e2c48063471cb.png@paapiman

Prem Sumrag on amal (English translation by McLeod):

Thanks a lot Paaji for sharing this.

Did you notice that some of the items specified here (and others ingredients which are used to make Sukhnidhaan) are good for the brain (and overall health)? It relates to the point made by Gyani Thakur Singh jee about mental illnesses faced by our kids, which was shared earlier.

One example, Nutmeg.

The spice contains various compounds that boost mood, help relieve pain, and relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure. Some research suggests that a nutrient found in nutmeg may help slow cognitive decline in individuals with Alzheimer's disease and promote the recovery of brain tissue following a stroke.

Unquote [1] 

[1] - Spice up your holidays with brain-healthy seasonings - Harvard Health

@Ragmaala @GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

Just now, paapiman said:

Thanks a lot Paaji.

Did you notice that some of items specified here (and others ingredients which are used to make Sukhnidhan) are good for the brain (and overall health)? It goes back to the point made by Gyani Thakur Singh jee about mental illness faced by our kids, which was shared earlier.

One example, Nutmeg.

The spice contains various compounds that boost mood, help relieve pain, and relax blood vessels and lower blood pressure. Some research suggests that a nutrient found in nutmeg may help slow cognitive decline in individuals with Alzheimer's disease and promote the recovery of brain tissue following a stroke.

Unquote [1] 

[1] - Spice up your holidays with brain-healthy seasonings - Harvard Health

@Ragmaala @GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

Notice as well how other 'amals' are looked upon badly, but bhang with masalas is not considered to be bad for you.

Also ਬਿਜੀਆ being another name for bhang. 

I wonder if mushkambar (musk) is still available these days?

@dalsingh101 @Ragmaala @GurjantGnostic

Benefits of some other ingredients, used in making Sukhnidhaan.

Almonds

It is full of vitamin E, which is known to preserve memory longer by boosting alertness, and preventing cognitive decline. Vitamin E is known to be a retardant of the onset of dementia diseases like Alzheimer's

Unquote[1]

[1] - Benefits of Eating Soaked Almonds You Might Not Know (aimsindia.com)

Cloves

Cloves. Containing more antioxidant power than potent herbs like oregano, cloves are a surprising source of brain-boosting nutrients. “Cloves contain manganese, which is an essential mineral for maintaining brain function,” 

Unquote[2[

[2] - 5 spices that can boost your brain health (bodyandsoul.com.au)

Black Pepper

Black pepper is one of the most commonly traded spices in the world and may have quite a few brain-boosting effects. Studies have shown that piperine, the primary component in black pepper, can help improve brain function and lower depression symptoms.

Unquote[3]

[3] - 4 Spices To Boost Brain Power | UPMC HealthBeat

Bhul chuk maaf

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Notice as well how other 'amals' are looked upon badly, but bhang with masalas is not considered to be bad for you.

Also ਬਿਜੀਆ being another name for bhang. 

I wonder if mushkambar (musk) is still available these days?

Melon Musk?

Is that Magaz?

Bhul chuk maaf

@paapiman

I think black pepper also works to help the body's cells take difficult to absorb nutrients in, I know it does that with curcumin (haldhee).  

What doers ਭੇਂਵ in the fourth line mean. Some of the translation seems a bit questionable. 

2 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Melon Musk?

Is that Magaz?

Bhul chuk maaf

I thought is was  ਕਸਤੂਰੀ???

Saffron is a powerful spice high in antioxidants. It has been linked to health benefits, such as improved mood, libido, and sexual function, as well as reduced PMS symptoms and enhanced weight loss. Best of all, it's generally safe for most people and easy to add to your diet.

9 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I thought is was  ਕਸਤੂਰੀ???

ਕਸਤੂਰੀ is Deer musk bro. That word is probably used in Gurbani.

ਖਰਬੂਜੇ ਦੀ ਕਸਤੂਰੀ is Musk Melon.

Magaz is Dried Melon seeds. It is used in the preparation of Sukhnidhaan.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 minutes ago, paapiman said:

ਕਸਤੂਰੀ is Deer musk bro. That word is probably used in Gurbani.

ਖਰਬੂਜੇ ਦੀ ਕਸਤੂਰੀ is Musk Melon.

Magaz is Dried Melon seeds. It is used in the preparation of Sukhnidhaan.

Bhul chuk maaf

So do you think muskamber being referred to in PS is melon seeds? Are you sure. 

I'm going to make this recipe soon. 

ਭੇਂਵ - Soak

@paapiman

Where di you get this definition from bro? I've never heard it? 

I've heard of peoon, or pijaya. 

6 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Author's gupt, but assess the granth for yourself brother. It's at the very least very early 1800s (confirmable) if not earlier (possibly much earlier). It's shockingly sophisticated. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/403366715/Prem-Sumarag-Granth-Author-s-unknown-Panjabi-Date-of-completion-not-know-but-at-least-the-early-1800s-possibly-much-earlier-Edited-by-Randhir

https://www.scribd.com/document/403367561/Prem-Sumarag-Granth-English-translation-by-W-H-Mcleod

Let me know if you have any problems downloading and we'll find some some other way to get it to you. 

Thanks. Are you able to upload the punjabi version as a pdf here? I don’t have a scribd subscription. I found the english version pdf online.

Yes, it will be interesting to read it and see for myself. 

13 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Kastoori was very expensive even back then and rare to find.  Kings were often known to have powerful concoctions mixed with rare spices and kastoori to increase their libido, especially ones like Raja Bhupinder Singh.

That's what I thought it was, but given the rarity of that stuff (if I recall rightly is extracted from deers with a silver spoon), I think it is something else here?

2 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Thanks. Are you able to upload the punjabi version as a pdf here? I don’t have a scribd subscription. I found the english version pdf online.

Uploading it now.