Women and Turban = No.

Kaalka

On 23/03/2016 at 9:37 PM, Rock said:

@CdnSikhGirl  I don't think kaalka is Chatanga.  Chatanga likes to pull your leg but he is not disrespectful.   I think he is samurai who started a similar backlash in another thread. or maybe crystal.

But I want to win 20 bucks. I am pretty sure he does not wear a turban.

This forum has seriously turned into a joke.

Why are you brining up my name? 

Unlike some people on this website. I don't have time to sit around waisting mY time with posting BS....I have a job. 

Admin, couldn't be bothered to log in.

Crystal. 

16 hours ago, delibeli said:

No doubt, majority of the  sampardas are still living in the dark ages in the gutters. They can pretend to be the most enlightened people in the world but their gutter mentality shows otherwise. 

ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਛਾਇਆ ॥

The slanderer's face is besmeared with ashes.

Bhul chuk maaf

5 minutes ago, paapiman said:

ਨਿੰਦਕ ਕੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਛਾਇਆ ॥

The slanderer's face is besmeared with ashes.

Bhul chuk maaf

It's only slander if it isn't true. It's well known the sampardas and derawalas hatred of women. And this ideology is showing in your attitude on here. By the way the above goes for you too and your slander of others, including Satkirin. 

19 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

I heard the name of Pandit Nischal Singh

https://www.thesikhencyclopedia.com/biographies/sikh-mystics-and-traditional-scholars/nishchal-singh-pandit-sant

As I said this is word of mouth and it was long time back, I will need to ask some elder in my family regarding this

Thanks bro.

Pandit jee was a great person.

Bhul chuk maaf

20 hours ago, delibeli said:

No doubt, majority of the  sampardas are still living in the dark ages in the gutters. They can pretend to be the most enlightened people in the world but their gutter mentality shows otherwise. If they think a dead drunk paralytic man with a turban on his head will do the Guru proud, one can imagine what stage of spiritual evolution they have reached. 

Mr/Mrs Delibeli, bring the proof. Show any ONE example where the samprdayes think the way you have said above.

18 hours ago, Guest said:

Chatanga she was only referencing the joke post that Gurpreet Kaur posted and not meaning any harm nor trying to say that Gurpreet Kaur actually meant those words. In fact it was kind of obvious it was a sarcastic comment on both fronts aimed at male ego thinking about women's place. Stop trying to look for bad where this none. 

Accepted Guest Ji.

When someone you know has a proven record for telling lies and distorting things it does make you question their words more.

52 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Accepted Guest Ji.

When someone you know has a proven record for telling lies and distorting things it does make you question their words more.

The only lies are what you have been spreading. You still won't take responsibility for harassing a member to try to get them to leave the forum. She had every right to expose you. She is not your enemy, your own mind is. 

2 hours ago, Guest said:

The only lies are what you have been spreading. You still won't take responsibility for harassing a member to try to get them to leave the forum. She had every right to expose you. She is not your enemy, your own mind is. 

What a whiny tool.

On March 25, 2016 at 8:26 PM, CdnSikhGirl said:

Is he at it again? I blocked him ages ago LOL. 

Haha no, he was asking me if y words were taken out of contexts.I love both of you actually, you guys fight like sibling lol @chatanga1 and @CdnSikhGirl  both of you should become friends forever. Lol

Edit: Since I have been called I am trying to trap guys on this site so I will say No homo and No hetero lol

8 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

My final words on this topic: 

I am female and I am tying a turban and nobody will stop me.  I dont care if someone think I am a transexual. I am not.  My husband specifically wanted a turban wearing Singhni and he the most amazing person ever.  He wanted a spiritual partner and not a model.  

There is nothing in any rehet maryada saying women can not. And in fact there is evidence pointing to the fact that women *should* tie one. Not mandatory, but its suggested in several rhetnamas with the wording *should* in reference to women tying one.  

I chose to follow that *should* and so I do.  

If another girl chooses not to, that is her choice.  Most don't.  I understand their decision.  Majority of them want hairstyles, and to be able to dress up and look pretty.  For myself, I am not drawn to makeup, or lots of jewelry (I do wear a necklace once in awhile). And I want to keep my kesh protected which I don't cut because I am Amritdhari.  I also like that I can move around freely without worrying about a chunni falling off.  At home I use those expandable bandanas that cover your whole top of your head.  But in public I always have turban on for the last 2 full years now.  I don't ever intend to stop. 

Don't listen to others, listen to your heart, always.  You tie your turban because of your love for the Guru.  Your turban signifies your love for Him, so, don't ever stop wearing it. Others are just envious of your focused mind on what you are doing.  This state of mind is a gift from God, not everyone is fortunate enough to receive it.  You are very fortunate and truly blessed.  Let others burn with envy, don't let them worry or distract you.  In fact, you look very beautiful with your turban on, so keep it up

Guest guest
22 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

I am female and I am tying a turban and nobody will stop me.  

i dont think anyone has that intention to enforce no-turban rule on anyone else. 

• 8 months later...
On 3/22/2016 at 6:57 AM, Koi said:

I'm sure that NO ONE is insinuating that a women cannot wear a dastar, are they?

Absolutely and surely not. Who or what in this Cosmos who could self-identify as the Guru's Sikh would dare to insinuate the Guru's Royalty: Kaur would have no freedom of choice in that regard and for that matter his Singh?! I am not making an argument here in relation to whether one should or shouldn't wear a Turban either as a Man or a Woman (gender is neither fixed nor also is it transient- it is offensive that there are some posts on here that imply derogatory terms to those with gender diversity - including references to people who are transgendered. There is no place for hate in Guru's house. I am simply saying for the sake of clarity that one should make one's own choice after communion with the Guru (within) and then sing in that sacred Truth by whatever that expression holds true for that person (earrings, mehndi, jewelry..... all are beautiful as all are Guru's gifts and yet ultimately all are also false, all are also but semantics... The Sacred Asa Ki Vaar speaks of how all we see (including this brain of ours that's so clever in generating such clever arguments) will perish.. the only truth will be the naam kamayi within and the amount of naam kamayi as a result of a union through Anand Karaj /Amrit Sanchar- true meaning of laavah- ultimately - union with Waheguru.

Lets not denigrate women who choose to wear Turbans. Good for them! They are advancing the idea of equality and we can re-configure in our minds new ways of processing 'constructs' given to us by society on what is a 'woman' - we are taught by society and culture what this means - beware!

Lets not denigrate women who choose not to wear Turbans! They are embodying the feminine spirit and walking in their own grace.

Lets just love each other and we do that through trust and respect. We do not trust nor respect someone if we bully them. Calling someone derogatory words because we do not agree with a choice they make is unreasonable treatment. Do it more than once it is a form of bullying. Sikhs do not bully. They surrender to deep love for all in search of their Waheguru.

May Grace and Joy find you well this festive season. I hope some of you get time to think of other more important things than about what a woman should or should not be doing, nor what a man should or should not be doing. Ask yourself what have you been doing instead? Don't like it, change it make it better!  How about we just leave the choice to dress, behave, talk and identify entrusted directly to the Guru's Kaurs themselves and move on.... There's so much meditation to yet be had all. Peace.  

On 3/24/2016 at 9:23 PM, paapiman said:

IMHO, the above only applies to Sikh males, not to females.

For example, if there was an injunction which said that Sikhs must breast feed their children. It is common sense that it does not apply to Sikh males.

Bhul chuk maaf

Oh dear - the logic in this is...... somewhat .... indescribably unusual .... I'm trying to work this through. Although I have heard of some technology these days that would allow a Father to try.... :D

On 12/14/2016 at 11:47 AM, Liv said:

Oh dear - the logic in this is...... somewhat .... indescribably unusual .... I'm trying to work this through. Although I have heard of some technology these days that would allow a Father to try.... :D

4 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Please. No.

I am sure Chatanga will squirm if/when he reads this.

I work in the medical field, so the human body with all it's capabilities and wonders do not phase me at all. 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-males-can-lactate/

1 minute ago, tva prasad said:

J

just so u know, man naturally produce milk as well.

Can all men produce it? What is its purpose? How much, as compared to a woman? Does it have the same nutrients?  

Anyways, in Sikhism, women are suppose to breast feed, not men.

Baba Sri Chand jee did feed his nephew with milk, but that was using his big toe.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 12/14/2016 at 10:47 AM, Liv said:

Although I have heard of some technology these days that would allow a Father to try.... :D

Using technology, men can also give birth and people can change their sex too.

IMHO, these unnatural activities are contrary to Sikh principles. We are taught to accept the will of the Almighty Lord.

Women are suppose to give birth and breast feed the children. Plain and Simple.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 21/12/2016 at 6:31 PM, JasperS said:

I am sure Chatanga will squirm if/when he reads this.

I did read it, and was a little squeamish when reading it. I can accept that men are able to potentially produce milk to nurture offspring, but it is unnatural to the human species in my mind. As explained in the article, the foerus is genderless to begin with and so begins the growth of tissue that relates to breasts and nipples, but where the gender is established this process stops for males.

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

Can all men produce it? What is its purpose? How much, as compared to a woman? Does it have the same nutrients?  

Anyways, in Sikhism, women are suppose to breast feed, not men.

Baba Sri Chand jee did feed his nephew with milk, but that was using his big toe.

Bhul chuk maaf

http://knowledgenuts.com/2013/10/18/men-can-produce-milk-and-breastfeed/

btw, I'm not saying men should do it I'm just saying it's possible.